E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 3.50 average. Display Modes
Old 12-16-2005, 10:12 PM   #121
CNi2i

My Ride: '09 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandz
I had to ask
Yeah, I actually was wondering the same thing. The OEM coupes are not like that, right?
CNi2i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 10:21 PM   #122
DarXide

My Ride: Slammed on F2's
Send a message via AIM to DarXide Send a message via MSN to DarXide
Jim,

When you were talking about accessories for the LEDs a couple days ago did you mean Coupe trunk lights???hehe
That would be very cool...
Old 12-16-2005, 11:09 PM   #123
VoteForPedro

My Ride: 2003 M3 Cabrio
Quote:
Chris/Josh/Jim: I have a question that has been asked couple of times before, but I just haven't seen anyone answered it. Why is the inner ring of the brake light more concave than the outer ring?
VoteForPedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 11:21 PM   #124
jEEliX

My Ride: 2000 323i
Send a message via AIM to jEEliX
What determines which style trunk lights we get with our sedan LEDs? Do u guys just randomly stick either kind into the boxes?
jEEliX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 12:39 AM   #125
M3thanh

My Ride: E46 m3
how are these different from oems?

Last edited by M3thanh; 12-17-2005 at 12:51 AM.
M3thanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 03:59 PM   #126
big pimp

My Ride: 02 330Ci
josh, can i just check, or confirm that my coupe trunk lights are the type 1s as seen above?

order number is #18345

thanks again mate

ross
big pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 11:31 AM   #127
jsp98m3

My Ride: 2000 328i
Send a message via AIM to jsp98m3
Quote:
Chris/Josh/Jim: I have a question that has been asked couple of times before, but I just haven't seen anyone answered it. Why is the inner ring of the brake light more concave than the outer ring?
There is some mistaken information on another thread, I don't know why.

On the Coupe taillights, the inner and outer ring LEDs are equally curved. On the Sedan, the trunk side band is more curved than the outer (fender) side band. This is a packaging requirement but does not really have that big of a visual effect.

I suspect this misinformation is due to the problems of others possibly having coupe lights to test on Sedans. Ergo, the open trunk pics? Beats me.

Autowerks will be making an informational post on pending government actions regarding these lights. This will have a small effect on people buying through Apexcone dealers. We'll make a short announcement and add more information when the formal paperwork from the factory/NHTSA/DOT is received.

Here is a pic of the affected area on a Sedan light.

Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01495_small.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	158167  

Homepage- DDM Tuning l Phone- (858) 633-2020 l Email- techsupport@ddmtuning.com

Last edited by jsp98m3; 12-19-2005 at 12:26 PM.
jsp98m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 11:45 AM   #128
Josh@AutoWerks
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: E46 328ci
Send a message via ICQ to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via AIM to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via MSN to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via Yahoo to Josh@AutoWerks
Quote:
Originally Posted by jEEliX
What determines which style trunk lights we get with our sedan LEDs? Do u guys just randomly stick either kind into the boxes?
Everyone I have on my list to include trunk lens should have been contacted to see which one they prefer. If you have NOT been contacted please call me at 1-800-221-2262 and I will take care of it for you.
Josh@AutoWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:40 PM   #129
323iT

My Ride: AG 323i
Send a message via AIM to 323iT
did the taillights ship yet? i checked my status online and it says pending
Old 12-19-2005, 03:53 PM   #130
CNi2i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 323iT
did the taillights ship yet? i checked my status online and it says pending
I was wondering the same thing. Supposedly, they were supposed to start shipping on the 16th. And supposedly, we were to receive them before Christmas time. Has anyone received a tracking number yet?!

Last edited by CNi2i; 12-19-2005 at 04:28 PM.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:01 PM   #131
ADA
Banned

My Ride: 323ci
Nah---Jim Powell will come on here within a few days and give an excuse why the products haven't been shipped.

He used "stuck" in customs before
he used shipped to the wrong port before
he used manufacturer recall

I am so anxious to see what excuse Jim will come up with next.
ADA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 04:30 PM   #132
CNi2i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA
Nah---Jim Powell will come on here within a few days and give an excuse why the products haven't been shipped.

Really? I had not known that. If true, there will be a lot of disappointed, frustrated, and upset fanatics. Me included.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:35 PM   #133
Josh@AutoWerks
Past Site Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via AIM to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via MSN to Josh@AutoWerks Send a message via Yahoo to Josh@AutoWerks
In reference to the last couple of questions: Due to the time zone difference, the manufacturers factory doesn't open up until 5:00pm pacific time, so we haven't had a chance to talk to them yet today. As far as we know, everything is still on schedule. We'll keep you posted though

Last edited by Josh@AutoWerks; 12-19-2005 at 06:37 PM.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:43 PM   #134
DarXide

My Ride: Slammed on F2's
Send a message via AIM to DarXide Send a message via MSN to DarXide
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA

:****:
Old 12-19-2005, 07:55 PM   #135
Custom3

My Ride: HellRot 330CI
Unless our tailights get shipped out tomorrow the 21st or the 22nd on next day delivery then well have them before christmas as we were told.....i got a feeling that aint happening.
Custom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 08:11 PM   #136
ADA
Banned

My Ride: 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow ZHP
Mark my word kid. I will have the last laugh. You are still a newbie. If you know Jim Powell like I do from bimmerforums.com and e46fanatics you will know exactly what I am talking about.

Here is my "predicition:" The factory is delaying the release of the LED lights because of X and X. We are sorry.
ADA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 06:50 AM   #137
big pimp

any update on these yet?
Old 12-20-2005, 09:53 AM   #138
BMW_Knight

My Ride: STG2 ZHP,E70 X5(DD)
Send a message via ICQ to BMW_Knight Send a message via AIM to BMW_Knight
^^^^^ What he said

Thanks to: www.getbmwparts.com www.aatuning.com www.toyotires.com
Eurowerkz Mid-Atlantic Regional Director
Join the Eurowerkz Facebook Fan Site : Click Here
Need your car coded with Euro Options? (Remote Windows up, Corner delete, DRL off, etc.) PM Me
BMW_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 02:28 PM   #139
big pimp

bump it up again....
seriously dude, any chance?

i sent both you and chris PM's about it - can you please confirm?

i appreciate you are both busy guys, and obviously there are more than just me waiting for these, but i'm all the way over here in northern ireland and it's difficult for me to get in touch at times!

cheers mate
Old 12-20-2005, 03:30 PM   #140
Josh@AutoWerks
Past Site Sponsor

OK, there has been a lot of work going on behind the scenes and I know you all want an update. Please realize that we are working extremely hard to make sure you get a quality product as soon as humanly possible. The factory is also working feverishly on this product. But, there are some events that have occured that are out of our immediate control that have caused a delay in shipping.

I absolutely apologize for this delay and to help make up for it, we are giving free shipping to all first production run orders. That means if you have already placed your order with us, or place it by the end of December, we will pay for your shipping.

I also want to let you know WHY this delay occurred. As you know there was a recall issued on all sample/prototype units (see a post earlier in this thread for the recall notice). The factory was forced to issue this recall because unfortunately, a handful of these sample units made it out into the market and were purchased by another retailer. The only way the factory could protect itself and prevent faulty units from entering the market was to issue this recall through the NHTSA. This other retailer received official notice from Eagle Eyes on the recall and was directly contacted by the NHTSA notifying him that they could not sell these units.

The result is that this retailer has failed to comply with the recall. This forced the factory into a situation where they are revamping part of their production process to enable them to attach individual serial numbers to each unit and to adequately differentiate US spec and Euro spec models. The Euro spec versions will be labeled warning that they cannot be used on US spec cars due to possible electrical damage. I feel that this should have been done from day one, but that is the situation we are in.

The result is that you will know 100% that your units are production versions and that you are not being sold re-tooled Euro versions that do not meet factory specifications, are not DOT approved and not covered by the factory warranty.

A couple of things to keep in mind:
  • There are no production units in existence today. Once DOT approval is finalized, serial numbered production units will ship. We hope that this will occur in the next 10-14 days.
  • Only US spec production units will be DOT approved and will be backed by the manufacturer warranty. Only AutoWerks is selling US spec units right now so all others advertised for sale are not US spec and not covered by a warranty.
  • This recall is for everyone's protection. Nobody wants to trust their lives or their family's lives to faulty tail lights.
  • As always, you can always call us to discuss any details or concerns that you have. We are as frustrated with this delay as you are and we are working non-stop to get these out the door.

Thanks for your patience on this one guys. Feel free to vent, we totally understand, but we want you to receive what you are paying for.

Last edited by Josh@AutoWerks; 12-20-2005 at 03:33 PM.