E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2002, 12:32 AM   #1
amitv85
ROI-ndian

My Ride: is oOoOoUT
Send a message via AIM to amitv85
2nd thoughts on bmw

hey...im sorry but i have to say ive been having second thoughts, i already put about 8,000 into my car and a 3500 custom work on my trunk is gonna happen in may, im not sure if i should sell my car though for aorund 34 or 35 the way it is now (2001 330ci wit less then 10k miles)

and ge a 98 gti vr6 like my freind has and with spare money could make it superfast

only concern is i luv my bmw still and the bmw community n plus the e46 is safer in a crash....

what are your thoguths...i would appreciate them

Dave Moss: What's your name?
Blake: F**k you. That's my name.
Blake: You know why, mister? 'Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight, I drove an eighty thousand dollar BMW. *That's* my name
amitv85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-29-2002, 12:39 AM   #2
aikon012

My Ride: BMW 325ci
?

I was thinking about getting an audi instead of a bimmer since it was cheaper. With the extra cash i could have made it really really nice. But no matter wat car I get in the same class or below and no matter how nice I fix it up there's always going to be a voice in the back of my head saying to me .. it's not a bimmer. I knew if I got the audi and saw a bimmer rolling by i would have regreted my choice. It's not always about how fast you get there or you'd drive any ugly old tin can that would whip around corners and lay down rubber. It's also about HOW you get there and IMHO bmw is the way to go.

Plus you'd be missing out on all these guys throwing part numbers and horse power figures back and forth on the forum
aikon012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 12:54 AM   #3
bender
hammer talks like this

My Ride: 2006 Honda insight
Send a message via AIM to bender
my friend has a 97 gti and its pretty damn quick! you could drop little money into it and make it fast...totally up to you. I like my e46 more then his gti, but hes going for perforance and i'm going for nothing.
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 03:17 AM   #4
Keeferno
Mod Junkie

My Ride: 2002 325xi
Yeah, I was between a WRX, an audi, and a BMW back when I was still deciding. I loved the WRX for it's performance and I've yet to find a car with cheaper upgrade:gains ratios but once I drove the bmw, felt the ride, the interior, and not to mention how much better the exterior looks my choice was made.
Keeferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 03:36 AM   #5
David328Ci
Wohnhafter perverser Mensch

My Ride: Pimpin '99 Sentra X(
Send a message via AIM to David328Ci
I friend of mine was trying to decide between a 3er and a WRX. He decided that he'd rather have a 3er bce he felt that down the road that he would appreciate a bmw more than a wrx. He said something about a bmw being more mature.

In the end, he decided to not get a new car and save up for a house i nstead. I guess he made the more mature decision after all.
David328Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 03:39 AM   #6
bender
hammer talks like this

I was deciding on a is300, vette, 3 series, and a house.....I took the car. whats a house if you can't park a car in the garage!
Old 04-29-2002, 03:50 AM   #7
David328Ci

Quote:
Originally posted by bender
I was deciding on a is300, vette, 3 series, and a house.....I took the car. whats a house if you can't park a car in the garage!
Tru dat.
Old 04-29-2002, 03:51 AM   #8
Keeferno
Mod Junkie

My Ride: 2002 325xi
Quote:
And so you decided on an 86' taurus?
Keeferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 03:55 AM   #9
bender
hammer talks like this

Quote:
Originally posted by Keeferno

And so you decided on an 86' taurus?

Hey. dont knock the ride! I had some baddas pics of the interior, but I cant upload them for some odd reason...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	turus1.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	1274  
Old 04-29-2002, 03:57 AM   #10
David328Ci

Quote:

Hey. dont knock the ride! I had some baddas pics of the interior, but I cant upload them for some odd reason...
Needs some 19" Hahaman PG3s hehe
Old 04-29-2002, 04:00 AM   #11
bender
hammer talks like this

Quote:
Originally posted by David328Ci

Needs some 19" Hahaman PG3s hehe
yeah i know...do you think these hamann's will have the same offset as the taurus? only if i could photoshop....decently!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a_w 19 pg2.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	1275  
Old 04-29-2002, 04:02 AM   #12
David328Ci

I dunno? what's the offset on your taurus? I like to call'em Hahamans. Yeah photoshop em! That would be tight. I think the ones in that pic are PG2s.