E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2015, 10:13 PM   #1
325ers

Yellow DSC and break light on

Well looks like I have to wait on control arms and bushings. As I was driving today my DSC light and brake light turned on yellow. So I turned car off and back on and it looked liked I rested but soon as I put it in first gear and drive it started sound like the front brakes grinding and peddles were loose. But after it does that the car drives fine but the lights are still lit. Hopefully some one could help me out.
325ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:57 AM   #2
dynamik

My Ride: 2001 330i
Hey OP, I currently have the same issue. Still diagnosing.. looks like i'm leaning towards a ABS sensor going bad. The lights come off if you don't drive for a while but as soon as you drive a little or make a turn the lights come back on.

Some precaution measures, make sure your brake fluid tank is not low. Take it to a shop that has one of those advanced OBDII readers that can read your ABS system for codes (Autozone does not have this) to determine what exactly is the problem. A regular OBDII reader won't pull any codes.
dynamik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:08 AM   #3
RudyT

My Ride: 2001 330i
Check your yaw sensor. Mine would go out every once in a while, until it failed completely. By ABS sensor - do you mean speed sensor? IIRC, a speed sensor going bad would affect the speedometer.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:08 AM   #4
archhist88

My Ride: 2004 330ci, conv
Same light issue 330ci DSC airbag, $ Brake lite

I had over heated Water tank split, so just down awhile I did major maintenance.up grades.
Even changed out the front rotor disc.
Then the lights came on and have never turned off. Cleaned the Sensors, disconnected battery etc even alignment.
I go to the dealer for airbag recall and they wanted 285.00 to tell me why the lights were on .i said okay here is the deal Drop dead! IT DOES NOT TAKE MUCH TO UNDERSTAND YOU DO NOT EVEN HAVE TO HAVE A READ OUT ON A COMPUTER! THEY KNOW WHAT IT IS. They even tell you, we take care of this all the time.
i did hear of the over heating like big time ruins some engine sensors, and a abs module.
archhist88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 09:50 PM   #5
325ers

Well my Amber DSC +BRAKE LIGHT keep coming on and off. Went to Indy shop and ran codes all its saying it could be DSC module, yaw sensor and steering sensors. Is it possible I have a bad battery or alternator causing these problem?
Old 06-19-2015, 10:31 PM   #6
BMW-North

My Ride: __
Failing abs module, intermittent speed sensor, mis-calibrated or failing steering angle sensor, failed abs pressure sensor the error light is triggered by many related sensors. Now You can start replacing them one at a time, Which is a very expensive proposition, Or you can scan the codes and just home in on the failed component. What ever it is you will need inpa to fix. BMW scanner won't do it here but it will diagnose dsc and asc abs modules so you know which part to replace. Check your brake fluid level first.

I posted a thread a few weeks diagnosing then replacing and recoding a donor abs module. Ps. The wheel speed sensors rarely fail. A scan of the abs/ dsc module will give you the exact error otherwise you are playing in the dark.

Last edited by BMW-North; 06-19-2015 at 10:36 PM.
BMW-North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:57 PM   #7
325ers

Just order a yaw sensors for 400 form dealer. See if that is the issue.
Old 06-20-2015, 12:41 AM   #8
BMW-North

My Ride: __
That might do nothing. You need to read the codes.

In my previous post I was being sarcastic about replacing the parts one at a time. You need to know which component is actually bad and deciphering the BMW specific error codes will point to it. If you start changing random parts this can get very expensive and frustrating. If you were waiting for a reason to buy BMW scanner or setup inpa - this is it.

Last edited by BMW-North; 06-20-2015 at 05:49 AM.
BMW-North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 07:17 AM   #9
archhist88

2004 330ci. just replaced rotors and lower support arm bushings, taking in for alignment. steering wheel slightly off kilter.
I noticed diminished braking. Brake, dsc, and Airbag lights are on.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:52 AM   #10
325ers

Where to start
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1435161142.135171.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	604559
Old 06-24-2015, 10:55 AM   #11
325ers

Yellow DSC and break light on

DCS+brake lights been off for a few days now. No issues car runs and brakes great. But I just posted a pic of the scan codes when the issues occurred

Last edited by 325ers; 06-24-2015 at 11:14 AM.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:49 PM   #12
Curtoise

My Ride: 325ci M Sport Auto
I had the same lights come on, i swapped my icv and cleaned out the throttle body and the lights went out. you could try that and see what happens.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:59 PM   #13
325ers

Can anybody help to narrow down the issue by looking at the codes I posted. Hoping it's one sensor causing all the issues for all the other codes popping up
Old 06-25-2015, 09:12 AM   #14
archhist88

I had recently replaced the Throttle body. Made no difference. i do have a problem at times with idle and stall maybe the ICV is shot, i had cleaned it when exchanging throttle body.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:31 PM   #15
Mr Podman

My Ride: E46 Coupe
When my brake related lights lit up my dashboard I took the car to the stealership, paid $60 for them to tell me which sensor it was.
In my case it was the right rear sensor.
They cleaned it while doing that diagnosis and it never was a problem again.
Mr Podman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:22 AM   #16
archhist88

Thank You!