E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-31-2005, 03:22 AM   #41
Masko

My Ride: silver coupe
Send a message via AIM to Masko
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerchop
I beg to differ. Whey imo is placed way above soy simply because of it being absorbed much quicker and it's BV. If you're gonna drink soy, you shouldn't cut out whey since you'll need it post workout without fail, and pre workout or breakfast as well. Besides the estrogen thing, soy is said to have a shitty biological value when compared to other proteins. A low biological value means most of it protein won't even get digested or used.
"The Biological Value (BV) of a Protein is a value that measures how well the body can absorb and utilize a protein. The higher the Biological Value of the protein you use, the more nitrogen your body can absorb, use, and retain. As a result, proteins with the highest BV promote the most lean muscle gains. Whey protein has the highest BV value, rating as a 104. Egg protein is only second to whey rating as a 100 with milk proteins being a close third rating as 91. Beef rates as an 80 with soy proteins a distant 74. Bean proteins, due to the fact that are plant-based proteins, only rate a 49."

source: http://bodybuilding.about.com/od/glo...ition+100+whey
Old 01-20-2006, 01:19 PM   #42
Masko

for those who recently had questions on what to eat
Old 01-22-2006, 12:56 AM   #43
Xplosive412

My Ride: 2011 X5
so white rice and regular potatoes would be good to eat fo complex carbs right? I gotta go do some grocery shipping and i need to buy a foreman grill for chicken and steak
2008 ///M3 |Alpine White/Black Novillo | Technology | Premium | Cold | 19" | BlackLines | 35% tint | Matte Black Grills | GPT 8500k | Macht Schnell Filter | RPi Scoops | UUC SSK | H&R Spacers | AA Exhaust |
Xplosive412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 05:04 AM   #44
Masko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplosive412
so white rice and regular potatoes would be good to eat fo complex carbs right? I gotta go do some grocery shipping and i need to buy a foreman grill for chicken and steak
brown rice and sweet potato would be a better complex carb choice.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:21 PM   #45
1edyson
Yoda Rocks!

My Ride: 325CI
Send a message via AIM to 1edyson
as far as snack food, how are raisins?

1edyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:44 PM   #46
Masko

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1edyson
as far as snack food, how are raisins?
Raisins are a poor choice for fruit. Not only are they high in sugar but they are low in fiber. Although raisins do have a lot of pottassium and phytochemicals there are better fruit alternatives out there.

Blueberries, blackberries, cranberries are all superior alternatives to raisins in terms of nutritional value.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:14 PM   #47
Xplosive412

are carrots good to snack on? I usually snack on carrots and almonds
2008 ///M3 |Alpine White/Black Novillo | Technology | Premium | Cold | 19" | BlackLines | 35% tint | Matte Black Grills | GPT 8500k | Macht Schnell Filter | RPi Scoops | UUC SSK | H&R Spacers | AA Exhaust |
Old 01-24-2006, 05:45 PM   #48
Masko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplosive412
are carrots good to snack on? I usually snack on carrots and almonds
Carrots are good but I would stick with a green fibrous vegetable, like the almighty broccoli. Broccoli has alot of fiber, alot of vitamins, and even some vegetable protein.

Broccoli however tastes like a$$. I have a suggestion for good vegetable based snack: Since you're already snacking on vegetables and healthy fats (almonds) throughout the day why not combine them. Slather some natural peanut butter on some celery sticks just like you used to do when you were a kid and snack on that. Tastes awesome and you get all the benefits of the two foods.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:32 PM   #49
Xplosive412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masko
Carrots are good but I would stick with a green fibrous vegetable, like the almighty broccoli. Broccoli has alot of fiber, alot of vitamins, and even some vegetable protein.

Broccoli however tastes like a$$. I have a suggestion for good vegetable based snack: Since you're already snacking on vegetables and healthy fats (almonds) throughout the day why not combine them. Slather some natural peanut butter on some celery sticks just like you used to do when you were a kid and snack on that. Tastes awesome and you get all the benefits of the two foods.
that's a pretty good idea
Old 01-25-2006, 07:23 AM   #50
steel_03

My Ride: 2001 Lotus Esprit
Does anyone add anything to Cream of Wheat like fruits or something to add taste... I was looking at the grocery list on the previous pages... I figured I used to eat it when I was younger it cant be that bad... Bought some and made some this morning and I found myself having trouble eating it... Its not that it tasted bad, I think its the lack of taste and consistency that really made it hard to eat... So bland...
steel_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 01:29 AM   #51
stapler12345

My Ride: Sakhir Orange M6
this is my "secret"

hot sauce on ultra lean chicken breasts. lots of water. makes u feel fuller.
the hot sauce is simply irresistible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
I've never heard of a woman wanting more than she actually deserved. Never.
stapler12345 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 01:14 PM   #52
Dani B

My Ride: 2006 M3
Put some fruit in there - Strawberries are awesome for you, high in niacin and vitamin C (even more vitamin C than an orange believe it or not), and bananas make a great snack. Blueberries are high in antioxidents (get rid of free radicals - cancer causing agents).
Dani B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 01:26 PM   #53
rocks
Likes Supermodels

My Ride: Psychedelic Machine
Hey Masko, Bimmerchop, Werken, what do you guys eat with cottage cheese, I have some here but can't figure out what makes a good compliment.
Mods: BBS LM's | Matte black kidney | UUC TSE3 Light | UUC V2 Springs | UUC 5sp pedal set | OEM Mtech II kit | Oem Bi - xenon retrofit | OEM M3 mirrors retrofit | OEM Euro tray| OEM 5sp weighted shift knob | Homelink |OEM Alarm | Sharpie mod | UED 5K hid fogs| GC RSM | Hardwired V1 Euro |
rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 09:26 PM   #54
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
I usually mix it with some fruit. Berries, cut up strawberries are great
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 02:45 PM   #55
rocks
Likes Supermodels

Ok, good, I ate some with some brownies I had lol. Oh, btw I have another question, I was reading the slogan on a Gatorade bottle and it states that it replenishes and rehydrates the body in ways water can't. I thought water was the superior fluid in that regard, no?.
Mods: BBS LM's | Matte black kidney | UUC TSE3 Light | UUC V2 Springs | UUC 5sp pedal set | OEM Mtech II kit | Oem Bi - xenon retrofit | OEM M3 mirrors retrofit | OEM Euro tray| OEM 5sp weighted shift knob | Homelink |OEM Alarm | Sharpie mod | UED 5K hid fogs| GC RSM | Hardwired V1 Euro |

Last edited by rocks; 04-03-2006 at 02:49 PM.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:03 PM   #56
Masko

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerrocks
Ok, good, I ate some with some brownies I had lol. Oh, btw I have another question, I was reading the slogan on a Gatorade bottle and it states that it replenishes and rehydrates the body in ways water can't. I thought water was the superior fluid in that regard, no?.
When u sweat you lose minerals and electrolytes such as sodium and potassium. Water does not contain those minerals.

In any case water is still the superior fluid, just not after intense physical activity.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:10 PM   #57
rocks
Likes Supermodels

I see, thanks man.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:59 PM   #58
alexbenz

My Ride: E30, Es300
Send a message via AIM to alexbenz
ok quick question to add.......i don't have breakfast because i either don't have time to make something or just don't have any taste buds for it but i hear having a shake is good for you.......what kinda shake should i have?

also to add, sleeping at least 7-8 hours is good for your body as well even though i go to bed around 2-3 and get up at 7-8 i don't get the 8 hours i need......

Current line up........lexus es300, 2010 Acura Tsx
Your not a baller until you got a engine in the Rear...
How did i fail Women Studies?
"I Love Biatches"
alexbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 01:46 AM   #59
Masko

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbenz
ok quick question to add.......i don't have breakfast because i either don't have time to make something or just don't have any taste buds for it but i hear having a shake is good for you.......what kinda shake should i have?

also to add, sleeping at least 7-8 hours is good for your body as well even though i go to bed around 2-3 and get up at 7-8 i don't get the 8 hours i need......
Breakfast is probably the most important meal of the day (aside from your post workout meal). Try to never ever skip this meal because it can seriously be detrimental to your metabolism and muscle. Some oats and a whey shake would be a good quick breakfast.

Unfortunately, equally bad as skipping breakfast, is not getting enough sleep. Not only is it catabolic, but it keeps your body from absorbing nutrients optimally and you can easily overtrain.

To put it simply: Always eat breakfast and get your proper rest. Your body will thank you for it.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:10 AM   #60
alexbenz

My Ride: E30, Es300
Send a message via AIM to alexbenz
do i make the protein shakes or buy it??? it;s been so long that i've been out of the workout phase that i forgot all the good things to do

Current line up........lexus es300, 2010 Acura Tsx
Your not a baller until you got a engine in the Rear...
How did i fail Women Studies?
"I Love Biatches"
alexbenz is offline   Reply With Quote