E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Car Care & Detailing

Car Care & Detailing
Get detailing answers and tips here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-19-2006, 11:06 PM   #1
jzar

My Ride: 911, 325xi , SC300
Send a message via AIM to jzar
Unhappy Door Framing?

hey guys, im not really sure if this is being posted in the right forum, but around the rear doors on my sedan there is a black trim that follows around the curve. On the right side of the car it is fine. For any of you who have this, if you follow the sharp curve from the very rear of the window up you will see a line where a second piece comes in to continue the trim. On the left side of my car, there is a gap. It is probably i would say a quarter to half inch gap, approximating from memory, and i can see bare metal behind it. I have a black car, wiht black trim and a stupid piece of shiny metal behind it. Any ideas about how to fix it? ill take pics as soon as my camera is working again. thanks
jzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:45 AM   #2
mav63

My Ride: 2003 325i
I have the same problem on my 325. It occured after I had body work done to the door but the shop is so far away I don't want to take it back. I friend that works in another body shop suggests waiting until summer and taking a heat gun to the trim to try to slide it back in place. It is about a 1/2 inch gap now.
Let me know if you find any ideas.
mav63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 11:37 AM   #3
dan4081

My Ride: 2000 323i
I have the same problem on mine-I just painted the silver piece with black paint. Its a lot less noticeable. I used model paint-I bought a little bottle at walmart for about 2 dollars. I also used a tiny model brush and was careful painting it.
dan4081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 04:01 PM   #4
jzar

My Ride: 911, 325xi , SC300
Send a message via AIM to jzar
thanks for the reply guys, im not to big of a fan for painting it because well im anal about my car, and even if you cant see it and i know its there, its gonna drive me crazy. i think i will try the heat gun thing when it warms up a little over here. Do you have more details on the heat gun method? Anyone else who has info on this please respond. thanks
jzar is offline   Reply With Quote