E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Ask a Site Sponsor

Ask a Site Sponsor
Ask a site sponsor a question, request pricing on products or suggest a group buy!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2006, 08:10 PM   #1
Chris@AutoWerks
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 1995 Avus Blue M3
¦¦¦ AutoWerks EVO III Short Shifter Sale!! ¦¦¦

EVO III Short Shifter Sale!!

Product Description:

Fitments:
E46 328/330 (1999-2005) - 5 Speed
E36 328/M3 (1995-1999)
Z8

Nothing that can make every drive more satisfying like the "snick-snick" feeling of a precision shifter. Too bad BMWs are not known for that, and that is where Evo III short shifters step in.

There is a reason UUC's short shifter for BMWs has been acclaimed as "the best at any price" in a major enthusiast's magazine, and why it is the single choice for competitors in Speedvision's Touring Car, CCA, and Grand Am race series.

The reasons for all the acclaim and professional racer use?
The UUC Ultimate Short Shifter is unique, completely different than anything else available. Our design starts with the finest materials: T-304 stainless steel, T-6061 aircraft-grade aluminum, precision bearings, self-adjusting and lubricating primary pivot bearing, and the finest-grade silicone vibration absorbing material. Our products are not modified BMW components, and they are not "one size fits all" as with lesser offerings.

In the interest of continually improving our product, we are always developing and testing modifications intended to bring "ultimate" to higher levels. With that in mind, our latest generation brings the BMW shifter to a new level of smoothness and minimized shift effort.

The unique characteristics of the design include:

* height adjustment via upper-section length change (this does not change linkage geometry like moving-ball designs).
* flex and rotation-free lever construction with full-length vibration-absorbing bushing.
* linkage geometry perfectly corrected, with self-adjusting primary pivot bearing that permanently retains lubrication and precision (some models).
* zero-tolerance lower pivot bearings that never require lubrication and eliminate significant mechanism friction. These do not wear or ovalize like solid-metal or plastic designs with expanding tolerances.

UUC's in-house manufacturing tolerances are "mil spec" using the latest CAM-controlled machining and milling equipment. Our ongoing dedication to quality and ultimate precision would tolerate nothing less. UUC technical support and customer service is available by phone during business hours, and often by e-mail after hours. No matter what the question or issue, we guarantee a satisfactory outcome..

Your BMW's original shifter - major compromises.

Are you unhappy with your BMW's original shifter? If so, is it because the feel is mushy, the throws sloppy, and "precision" is entirely absent? Of course those are the reasons.

The shifter that BMW uses is simply not a precision part, no matter if it's a 316ti or Z8.

Not just a short shifter

By using in-house professional engineering staff and outside materials and manufacturing experts, our ever-growing line of BMW shifters addresses each and every "compromise" of the shifter system. The enhanced precision, direct feel, and super-smooth action cannot be duplicated by any means other than our sort of our precision assembly. How do we do this?

* 100% stainless steel and aluminum construction, machined to exacting tolerances for a flex-free lever.
* Lower pivot point enhanced with standard stainless steel bearings.
* Primary pivot equipped with self-adjusting bearing mechanism that retains lubrication.
* Delrin carrier bushings that eliminate carrier movement.
* Precise calculations of linkage geometry and ergonomic placement (correct shifter position).
* Height adjustment collar allows changes up to 3/4" in height for custom-tailored ergonomics.
* Sealed ball-bearing lower pivot. These bearings are permanently lubricated and minimize friction as much as possible. "Zero tolerance" stainless steel liner for ultimate precision-fit. Will not get sloppy like thermoplastic or brass bushings.

Anybody can make a "short shifter"... or can they?

We know there are a variety of other "short shifter" products available for your BMW. Some are decent products (although UUC is still rated the best), and some are rather disappointing. Is price a factor? Sure is, unless you have an unlimited budget. But is price the only factor? No - if it were, we doubt you would have purchased a BMW, as you are obviously sophisticated enough to appreciate quality. We feel that shifter alternatives involving modified factory parts are inherently an inferior choice... remember the reasons above why you are unhappy with your BMW's original shifter? Any factory part-derived shifter will inherently develop the same mushiness, slop, and imprecision very quickly. Various "knockoffs" of the UUC product pretend they're the same thing, but sneak in the shift lever from another model BMW... but we know there's only one Ultimate Short Shifter, only from UUC Motorwerks, where we present an "unlimited budget" quality product at a reasonable price.

Special features that make the "Ultimate Short Shifter" unique:

* 100% CNC-machined 303 stainless steel and 6061-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum construction. UUC's "massive overkill" design philosophy exemplified. The precision machining of these shifters makes them feel like a solid one-piece design that still absorbs vibration via the rubber inner section. They do not come apart or flex like "clip together" shifters.
* Height-adjustable design (EVO series)
* Shifter height can be set to the individual driver's preference for comfort, up to 3/4" range (depending on model).
* Standard Bearing Lower Pivot guarantees precise, wear-free operation superior to any soft brass or plastic.
* Shifters are designed for the specific individual application. The application guide shows exact pricing and shift reduction for your model BMW.
* Super-easy to install. If you can change your oil, you can install this shifter. Installation time varies by model (some 3-series in as little as 1-2 hours, a few applications 3-4 hours depending on installer skill). As this may be an intimidating procedure for some, it also includes the most comprehensive documentation available, complete with photographs of each step.
* All kits include shifter lever and (as needed) new, washers, new circlip, white lithium grease and new BMW nylon cup.

Regular Price: $354.95
E46 Fanatics Price: $319.95
You save $35!

Coupon Code: AW22032
Click Here To Buy!
Sale ends March 17th.
Chris@AutoWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:09 PM   #2
Zippo

My Ride: E46 325CI / E92 335I
no love for 02 325ci??? again?? sad.!!!
Zippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:11 PM   #3
Chris@AutoWerks
Past Site Sponsor

Keep an eye our for it, it may be soon!
Old 03-10-2006, 12:20 PM   #4
antigen

My Ride: 2003 325i
I'm hoping I can keep an eye out for an '03 325i sedan as well?
antigen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:44 PM   #5
Asterisk*
Banned User

My Ride: gives me blue balls
Send a message via MSN to Asterisk*
No love for 323i either.
Asterisk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 01:43 PM   #6
ikeupinya
Stay modded my friends!!!

My Ride: shalt not be riced!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by antigen
I'm hoping I can keep an eye out for an '03 325i sedan as well?
I second that...
Old 03-10-2006, 02:08 PM   #7
Chris@AutoWerks
Past Site Sponsor

For all you 323/325 people... cheggit out!

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=345776
Old 03-10-2006, 08:21 PM   #8
Chris@AutoWerks
Past Site Sponsor

Bump everyone, have a great weekend!
Old 03-17-2006, 08:09 PM   #9
Chris@AutoWerks
Past Site Sponsor

Last Day Peoples!!
Old 03-18-2006, 12:53 PM   #10
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Where are the 6-speed models for the 330???

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote