E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Other BMW Models > General BMW Model Discussion

General BMW Model Discussion
All non E46 BMW model questions in here. Look below for E36, E90 and F30 specific forum. For additional model specific forums check out bimmerfest.com!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-20-2006, 08:48 PM   #21
E92M

My Ride: '08 ZCP M3 | '03 R6
750 is fuggggly. If i was given one, i'd flat-bed it to a dealership and sell it.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:50 PM   #22
2FST2C

My Ride: 02 745Li,06 F150 HD
here's my .02 when I saw the 745 for the first time i was like WTF then it kinda grew on me but I could care less about it.. but a few months later my uncle got one and he came to the office on it and parked next to my other uncles 2001 S500 that's when I was like the 745 is a winner!!!! it had so much presence over the S500 so I decided to get one!! Now that I think about it the car was ahead of its time even 4 years later it doesnt look dated at least to me!!
Old 02-20-2006, 09:00 PM   #23
nacho

My Ride: 2003 330i ZHP
Better question...why are all the new 3,5 and 7 series so ugly? I'm all for performance but c'mon, throw some decent looks in there? If we were all driving cars solely based performance, we would all me married to Judy Dench! I know some of you like the new cars, but they don't have the world class almost universal aesthetic appeal of past BMWs. I find that most people say, yeah, the new style is nice..it grew on me, etc. etc. Just like the Old Honda CRX. I have never heard anyone gasp and say...oh my god, that is the most beatiful car I have ever seen. On the other hand, I have seen people paralyzed with admiration on the showroom floor when they see an E46 M3 CSL, or even a 3 series coupe. BMW is on track to lose 40% of it's loyal base. First it was quality issues, now ugly unreliable cars that handle well. All of a sudden that Subaru Turbo Legacy GT Sedan doesn't look so bad after all.
nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 09:05 PM   #24
LilFlip#2

My Ride: not a bimmer
i take an e46 m3 over all

LilFlip#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 09:30 PM   #25
brandonx46

My Ride:
I actually like the 745 more than the 750. I just saw the 750 for the first time today as well and I'm not really feeling it
brandonx46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:01 PM   #26
theyouthahead

My Ride: FX4
Send a message via AIM to theyouthahead
Old 02-23-2006, 06:06 PM   #27
bellavus

My Ride: avus m3, RIP avus ti
it looks ten times better than the origional facelift.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:21 PM   #28
Sylver

My Ride: E46 M3, E60 530i
ya.. so fuglyyy

actually i like it... when its modded.
  • 20" iForged Sprints (gone)
  • 20" HRE 547R
  • 20" Maya RT5 Black/Chrome lip
  • H&R Sports Springs
  • 8000K PIAA Fogs, Angel eyes
  • M-Tech kit, AC Schnitzer Trunk Spoiler,
  • Hamann Carbon Fiber Lip
  • Hamann mirrors
  • Rieger CF quad diffuser
  • Remus quad exhaust

Gone:
Modded '01 LSB M3
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 06:35 PM   #29
kinggrimwood

My Ride: 1999 328i
I really like it.
Tell me what's wrong with it?

If you're not scared, you need to be driving Faster!

Last edited by kinggrimwood; 02-23-2006 at 06:39 PM.
kinggrimwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 02:48 PM   #30
kingmob

My Ride: Soon to be a Bimmer
The new 3 series and 5 series do look pretty ugly to me. I hate the headlight/rear lights, they have an appearance like freakin' butterflys. BMW cars are not supposed to look like butterfiles, they need to look mean.

But the 7 series on the other hand is just beatiful. Both the 745 and 750 look awesome.
kingmob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 02:16 PM   #31
Rome

My Ride: A car.
I love it, as as design student I think it is pretty sick that BMW has the balls to stick it to every other company out there and say; "We are going to do this We are going to make it look cool and have all you nutswingers scrambling to copy us because we are better than you. And you can't touch us, because you are not on our level." I value the work that goes into a product, and companies like BMW are telling people that it is ok not to sell 1 billion cars and take over market share for the sake of it. And all of this is because they are that badass and they can do whatever they want. Lexus used to make amazing cars, 18 years later their cars still copy the look of their competition. The number one luxury brand is not really number one. Let them pose and talk about their awards and accolades. When the E30 came out people balked at it too. And now so many years later what that car stood for has become a face that could scare the fear of god and country into the competition.

And it's not fair people single out Bangle as some robot hell bent on destroying the company. No one man can wield so much power, Bangle has worked at BMW longer than many realize. Nothing he does gets done without approval, so go make fun of the Quandts while you are at it.

PM me for offers on M-Coupe.

Last edited by Rome; 03-14-2006 at 02:22 PM.
Rome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 02:40 PM   #32
Echo3

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rome
I love it, as as design student I think it is pretty sick that BMW has the balls to stick it to every other company out there and say; "We are going to do this We are going to make it look cool and have all you nutswingers scrambling to copy us because we are better than you. And you can't touch us, because you are not on our level." I value the work that goes into a product, and companies like BMW are telling people that it is ok not to sell 1 billion cars and take over market share for the sake of it. And all of this is because they are that badass and they can do whatever they want. Lexus used to make amazing cars, 18 years later their cars still copy the look of their competition. The number one luxury brand is not really number one. Let them pose and talk about their awards and accolades. When the E30 came out people balked at it too. And now so many years later what that car stood for has become a face that could scare the fear of god and country into the competition.

And it's not fair people single out Bangle as some robot hell bent on destroying the company. No one man can wield so much power, Bangle has worked at BMW longer than many realize. Nothing he does gets done without approval, so go make fun of the Quandts while you are at it.
Amen.
Echo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 03:08 PM   #33
Staszek
Are we there yet??

My Ride: Now a daily drive
Send a message via AIM to Staszek
I think the 7 is hot, the end.

Euro Delivery Date 8/14: 2013 E93
///M3 -6MT
Staszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 03:19 PM   #34
Reno

My Ride: E46 doh!
that car has presence like no other car

its dominating

i love it

and is benz copy it than it must be that good

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie View Post
Why arent U answering the questions Mr.Quattro??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
Reno looks like Special Forces Jesus!
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 03:22 PM   #35
najeroni

My Ride: vroom
the e90 looks so much better than the e46..
Old 03-14-2006, 03:41 PM   #36
Staszek
Are we there yet??

My Ride: Now a daily drive
Send a message via AIM to Staszek
Quote:
Originally Posted by najeroni
the e90 looks so much better than the e46..

Thats an interesting statement, I have seen lately that owners of Japanese cars seem to like the E90 better then the E46. I like them both personally.

I think BMW tried to appeal to a broader market with the E90 which seems to be working because people who didnt like the styling before seem to like it now.

Whatelse I find interesting is that the main complaints from BMW fans is that it looks to Japanese lol.

Wierd paradox.

Euro Delivery Date 8/14: 2013 E93
///M3 -6MT
Staszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 04:20 PM   #37
Chris Corney

My Ride: 2000 323i
Send a message via AIM to Chris Corney
i personally like most bmw sedans and coupes
Chris Corney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 05:05 PM   #38
bimmer jon

My Ride: M3(Sold),2005 645ci
the new era of BMW's has grown on me. i'm not exactly crazy about them but I don't out right hate them anymore. I'm starting to appreciate them more. I was disgusted my the 5 and 7 when they first came out but over time, after riding in them and being around them more, i started to appreciate their lines a little bit better. I think the 750 looks alot better now.

One thing that would bug me if i ever do trade in my E46 for a newer BMW is the lack of door moudlings. i'm suprised they didn't integrate them in. seems like benz is doing the same. I see a lot of door dinged BMW's in our future.

B l a c k . S a p p h i r e . M e t a l l i c . 6 4 5 c i
bimmer jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 05:53 PM   #39
Hrvat

My Ride: 02 Imola Red M3
seen the new 7 series on the road (not sure which one) but it looked hot!
Hrvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:01 PM   #40
dambro24

My Ride: 330ci
what is the white one , i like the way those headlights look. car, is beautiful
. which is that one the 750 or the 745. i love that white one. that is exactly what the 7 needed if the white one is the updated one. the car is perfection imop.