E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Other BMW Models > General BMW Model Discussion

General BMW Model Discussion
All non E46 BMW model questions in here. Look below for E36, E90 and F30 specific forum. For additional model specific forums check out bimmerfest.com!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-10-2006, 10:02 PM   #21
hawkeye00021

My Ride: 99 323i
Umm----> www.e46FANATICS.com.... I think some of you are lost. You might have better luck finding a site dedicated to disliking E46's, try google.. I hear it's the best.
hawkeye00021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:21 PM   #22
Touringbeast

My Ride: 2004 325xit
Quote:
Originally Posted by dambro24
bmw , is just not what people expect anymore. i am 25 years old have owned 3 bmws. and i have to say. they just dont excite me. I now understand that a good company can become a bad company . Unfortunalty people call the bmw dealership the stealership , not because bmw is a GOOD company,but because a GOOD company has happy customers. Honestly BMW rides are par , but not comparable to a modern automobile anymore. they lack confort and reliablity. Modern rides have confort, reliablity, and great handling and power all wrapped into one nowadays. I live in new york and if you own a bmw you just dont like the ride. if you do your just kidding yourself to get laid. i will be honest women , love these cars and they make them butter in your hands, but who really are you kidding. It is your hard earned money. if you get the power and handle your bmw has , but with a trouble free life and a more confortable ride would you? Of course you would. p.s. they are called infinity and lexus. NOT merdz. people in todays world put others in classes due to cars. I use to as well, when i was young, but now i just know better.`One of my very good friends has more money then i would dream of ever having and he drives a 2001 altima. I asked him one day, why he never got a "high class car"(like i said we are close). you know what he replied. He said I have owned $400k dollar cars from merdz to bentleys. For a while i like the feeling I got when people would see me in them, it made me feel proud he said. So, i asked hime why he got rid of these cars. He looked over what they costed him over years of keeping these cars from breaking down. He had a total in his face of over $150k in repairs. this was only over a 4 year period. This man has owned them all and you know what he refers benz as the top of the garbage heap and bmw as the cheapest cars ever made. He told me he now looks at our believed BMW's and laughs everytime he sees one. I asked him why. he replies I know the owner loved the looks he gets driving it , but he can not fool himself. he asked me if i liked me car. i said yes i love my car. He replied , yep that is what we make you think.

p.s. my friend has been head of BMW's marketing department for many many many years. He truley knows bmws and he truley knows how to make the public eye respect something that is "NOT".!!1

HE MAKES ALOT OF MONEY FROM FOOLS LIKE US.
Bmw made me lie to myself for over 7 years now that I had a reliable car but i just see right through them now. They make a peice of junk and I love it.
(I am a suckker as you can see.) I cant wait to really grown up and buy my first lexus) then i think i will truly know what reliablity, luxuary and proformance really is. )
I call X 10. Just stop it!! And once again,
Touringbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:22 PM   #23
xxe46xx

My Ride: '03 CB M3
did anyone read my long post lol
xxe46xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:30 PM   #24
kataklyzm

My Ride: 323i
i dumped my 2000 323 for an evo. i would never look back. i guess fit and finish are more important to some people. for me, the evo is the perfect car. for others, it may be the biggest POS. but seriously, the 323 was a huge letdown when a pontiac vibe can keep up from a roll
Old 02-10-2006, 10:34 PM   #25
ProV1
Banned

My Ride: i ride b1tches
Send a message via MSN to ProV1
BMW resale value SUCKS FVCKIN ASS. far worse than any japanese car. go buy a nice 01-02 E39 540 6speed for dirt cheap. nice quality German ride with a V8 & 6sp stick for the price of a toyota camry.
ProV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:35 PM   #26
SlickShift

My Ride: '09 135i 6-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinggrimwood
Is BMW the ultimate driving machine? No. Are they the most reliable cars? No. Are they the fastest? No. Why do we drive them? that's the question. I like the way they drive, it just feels different. I like the way they look, it's a different look than all the "more than luxury" cars out there.If you want a Hot rod, go buy a 5.0L mustang for the weekends. I'm sick of the hater Sh*t on this forum.
Let's change the name of the site from e46fanatics to e46haters, cuz everyday there is people *****ing about their cars.

BTW, notice to all the ****** EVO and SRT4 and STI drivers.
I own a 1988 Mustang GT with that cost me $4000 after i was finished with all the bolt-on performance parts, and my car will literally OWN each and every one of your stupid little cars with FI. 11.95 on the 1/4 mile and 0-60 in under 4 seconds. And you would waste $15k-$25k and a LANCER!!! Holy balls there are some stupid mother F*ckers out there today, isn't there?

The fastest cars in the world didn't come that way stock!!!! I've seen modified e46's on this board beat EVOs and other wanna be cars. That's right, they're all wanna be cars.

I can barely take this crap anymore. People who trash bmw should be banned from the site.
I swear, every week there is a, "I'm trading in my POS E46 for an EVO or STI!" Why doesn't anyone understand that a Bimmer and a souped up economy car are polar opposites. I don't know why anyone on here would even consider one in the first place. I thought we weren't those kind of people?

-2009 135i TiAg/Coral Red -2006 325Ci Jet Black/Nautral Brown- 2000 323i Bright Red/Sand Beige-
SlickShift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:42 PM   #27
Silverzhp

My Ride: 330i-ZHP
I think that ANY ONE with ANY BRAND that thinks or percieves that they have to pay too much for service ends up dissing the car they drive- no matter the brand. My ZHP has simply been flawless for 32,000 miles- is not the fastest (another 50 hp would have made the ZHP the BEST E46 ever IMO) but you know what-
i think it looks great
Drives better- suspension is simply sublime.
The interior is PERFECT for me and my taste
I love the seats
The shifter is sublime - not Japanese snick snick, slightly German rubberry
but rowing the ZHP shifter is nothing but FUN
And I believe the styleing is simply timeless-
Does anyone else but me think the G35 is flat out BORING and the Acura TL does not look as good as it once did.
And BMW's start looking REALLY nice when tarted up.

But hey thats why there is chocolate and Vanilla- I like EVO;s and could own one (the next gen EVO's will be killer I think). it is cool in an '80s retro way.

I love my BMW BUT I am not so sure I like the E90's yet and the E60's are VERY pricey. I really hope that the new E92 will look better than the E90 (Im not betting on it) but I am happy with my purchase. Maybe my next car will be a 1997 M3- damn they are STILL nice!
Silverzhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:48 PM   #28
JCsE46
(oOO \ (||||)(||||) / OOo)

My Ride: 03 E46 JB, 08 MBE350
Send a message via AIM to JCsE46 Send a message via MSN to JCsE46
Quote:
Originally Posted by strabo
Where is BMW's head at? I have owned three BMW's over the last 8 years and think they are good cars all around. I then go and test drive a few other offerings on the market for under $40k WRS STI and the EVO MR and man the BMW then became the ultimate dull experience.

I think they are kidding them selves when they say that phrase as their competition has gotten pretty stiff over the last few years. I personally think they fell asleep behind the wheel when they last drove theirs. Yes I know the two cars mentioned are not as luxurious but performance wise they stomp the BMW's in the ground and for a few more $$$ in modifications (much, much cheaper than BMW owners put out) they can make them true monsters.

Well I guess now I am going to have to dump the 2001 330i and go EVO. I know some would say why not get an M3 at what $60k rear wheel drive? They reality is even the M3 $ for $ can't even come close to the performance of the EVO. BMW better wake up if they want to keep saying that phrase as it's now become a car of status on what's in your bank instead of the driving experience.

I can't wait to see what some of the members think here. Oh yeah I am 34 and have two children so keep in mind I will be on 4 door driver for years to come.

Oh and that crap about resale is a joke. I have shopped around and I am going to take a $7k+ hit on my 330i so they do depreciate just like any other car does. BMW flooded the market with the 3 series so yor value went way down from it.
Everyone have his own opinion and if you leave the bmw community, no one will miss you anyway. By the way, you can even carry your opinion with you. No one cares! Oh, I'm 48, I love my bimmer than any Japanese car.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:48 PM   #29
xxe46xx

My Ride: '03 CB M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kataklyzm
i dumped my 2000 323 for an evo. i would never look back. i guess fit and finish are more important to some people. for me, the evo is the perfect car. for others, it may be the biggest POS. but seriously, the 323 was a huge letdown when a pontiac vibe can keep up from a roll

why the **** r u still here then? i dont understand
xxe46xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:52 PM   #30
JCsE46
(oOO \ (||||)(||||) / OOo)

My Ride: 03 E46 JB, 08 MBE350
Send a message via AIM to JCsE46 Send a message via MSN to JCsE46
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxe46xx
did anyone read my long post lol
I did.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:30 PM   #31
IxNay

My Ride: 2000 328Ci 5sp SP
Firshizl... This type of thread has been done to death!!! How about something more original???
IxNay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:44 PM   #32
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

My Ride: 1098S; RR Sport; CRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet

Santa Hats thanks to Scott!
Click for pics of my bikes
Click for pics of my old 335
Click for pics of my old S4 avant
Click for pics of my old M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.
MpoweredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:59 PM   #33
dadysev

My Ride: 1999 323i
Send a message via MSN to dadysev
Quote:
Originally Posted by dambro24
bmw , is just not what people expect anymore. i am 25 years old have owned 3 bmws. and i have to say. they just dont excite me. I now understand that a good company can become a bad company . Unfortunalty people call the bmw dealership the stealership , not because bmw is a GOOD company,but because a GOOD company has happy customers. Honestly BMW rides are par , but not comparable to a modern automobile anymore. they lack confort and reliablity. Modern rides have confort, reliablity, and great handling and power all wrapped into one nowadays. I live in new york and if you own a bmw you just dont like the ride. if you do your just kidding yourself to get laid. i will be honest women , love these cars and they make them butter in your hands, but who really are you kidding. It is your hard earned money. if you get the power and handle your bmw has , but with a trouble free life and a more confortable ride would you? Of course you would. p.s. they are called infinity and lexus. NOT merdz. people in todays world put others in classes due to cars. I use to as well, when i was young, but now i just know better.`One of my very good friends has more money then i would dream of ever having and he drives a 2001 altima. I asked him one day, why he never got a "high class car"(like i said we are close). you know what he replied. He said I have owned $400k dollar cars from merdz to bentleys. For a while i like the feeling I got when people would see me in them, it made me feel proud he said. So, i asked hime why he got rid of these cars. He looked over what they costed him over years of keeping these cars from breaking down. He had a total in his face of over $150k in repairs. this was only over a 4 year period. This man has owned them all and you know what he refers benz as the top of the garbage heap and bmw as the cheapest cars ever made. He told me he now looks at our believed BMW's and laughs everytime he sees one. I asked him why. he replies I know the owner loved the looks he gets driving it , but he can not fool himself. he asked me if i liked me car. i said yes i love my car. He replied , yep that is what we make you think.

p.s. my friend has been head of BMW's marketing department for many many many years. He truley knows bmws and he truley knows how to make the public eye respect something that is "NOT".!!1

HE MAKES ALOT OF MONEY FROM FOOLS LIKE US.
Bmw made me lie to myself for over 7 years now that I had a reliable car but i just see right through them now. They make a peice of junk and I love it.
(I am a suckker as you can see.) I cant wait to really grown up and buy my first lexus) then i think i will truly know what reliablity, luxuary and proformance really is. )

Why did you buy 3 bimmers then? Sounds like you and your buddy are looking for a chic magnet instead of driving an automobile that drives how one is supposed to! My friend sold his Porcshe and bought a 330 ZHP after driving in my 5 year old 180,000 kmh 323I. You know what he told me? How do you know you bought a good pizza? When you warm it up the next day and it still taste Good! He couldn't believe the ride my old car gave, and he's owned and driven many cars. He told me every dealer he went to (lexux, acura, infiniti, etc.) all compared there cars to a 3 series E46. He got so tired of it he told me that if these idiots are all comparing their cars to an E46 why not just buy one! and he did!!! He's called me almost every day for the past year about how much he loves his car!!!
SO DON'T HATE - APPRECIATE MOFO!!!!!!!!
dadysev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 12:02 AM   #34
dadysev

Quote:
Originally Posted by kataklyzm
Its obvious you can't drive if you have problems with a pontiac vibe!

And whats the address of the EVO forum. Mitsu$hitty.com??
Don't they make TV's?
Old 02-11-2006, 12:06 AM   #35
dadysev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverzhp
I think that ANY ONE with ANY BRAND that thinks or percieves that they have to pay too much for service ends up dissing the car they drive- no matter the brand. My ZHP has simply been flawless for 32,000 miles- is not the fastest (another 50 hp would have made the ZHP the BEST E46 ever IMO) but you know what-
i think it looks great
Drives better- suspension is simply sublime.
The interior is PERFECT for me and my taste
I love the seats
The shifter is sublime - not Japanese snick snick, slightly German rubberry
but rowing the ZHP shifter is nothing but FUN
And I believe the styleing is simply timeless-
Does anyone else but me think the G35 is flat out BORING and the Acura TL does not look as good as it once did.
And BMW's start looking REALLY nice when tarted up.

But hey thats why there is chocolate and Vanilla- I like EVO;s and could own one (the next gen EVO's will be killer I think). it is cool in an '80s retro way.

I love my BMW BUT I am not so sure I like the E90's yet and the E60's are VERY pricey. I really hope that the new E92 will look better than the E90 (Im not betting on it) but I am happy with my purchase. Maybe my next car will be a 1997 M3- damn they are STILL nice!

Everyone has to build a car with a bigger engine than a BMW to get more horse.
Please name a car with a 3.0L engine that out performs a 33O!!!
M3 is 111 horse per litre!!! bring it on!!
Old 02-11-2006, 12:20 AM   #36
Griff330

My Ride: 01 330Ci
Some cars are faster but mine was made to handle autobahn speeds and look good pulling up to the valet parking attendant at a nice restaurant.
Griff330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 12:50 AM   #37
Aries932

My Ride: 2011 135i AW DCT
Send a message via AIM to Aries932
BMW has nothing to do with performance, handling, its styling, or interior. See you people are cutting down the car. You can't cut down a BMW cuz it is the whole picture that matters. Honestly if a EVO or a STI came and started pushing the throttle down a couple times i would just laugh cuz i would know my M3 is better. For example if you took subs and put it in a STI the entire thing rattles. You stick one in an M3 and it doesnt.

Just go and knock on the panels of a M3 and then on a STI. You can't see half of the stuff because all that the STI does is one thing. Performance. If thats all you really want. Go buy a tin can and stick a supercharged V8 in it. BMW has better safety and will stay together longer than an STI. I have a 97 328i, and a 02 330ci. The 328i is running on 200,000 miles and is still going with no problems. I bought it when it was at 50,000 and it still feels the same. The maintainance is very minimal. It is only when you go to a 5 or 7 series that mantainance is really bad.

All in all my point is that your trying to compare the STI to a car which in my opinion is much better with styling (interior and exterior), sound of the car, and handling. Don't get me wrong that 4 wheel drive handling is amazing and you can always change the differencial, but i still dont think it will ever touch a M3 in handling. The M3 is just so much smoother.

There is a reason why it is 30,000 less. Oh and a stock STI still doesnt beat an M3.

To Never Ending Fun.
Aries932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 12:53 AM   #38
Aries932

My Ride: 2011 135i AW DCT
Send a message via AIM to Aries932
Oh and dont forget about the 50 to 50 weight ratio. Isnt it funny that the S4 who has 2 more cylinders (4.2 liter V8) than a M3 only makes 1 more whp than an M3 which is a 3.2 liter inline 6. I dont know about you but i find that funny.

To Never Ending Fun.
Aries932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 02:16 AM   #39
bimmerbum46

My Ride: sweet pair of Vans
Send a message via AIM to bimmerbum46
tell me about it, i went to an EVO meet tonight wiht some buddies of mine (mach1 and ford cobra) and it was a great feeling to know that i would get **** on by any other car there.
bimmerbum46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 02:22 AM   #40
windnsea00

My Ride: E46
I don't post here often but these people ragging on BMW are nuts Why do they waste their time on a board devoted to people who actually like these cars, it's sickening! Having driven the Evo for example, they remind me of an american muscle car in some sense, relatively inexpensive performance but it stops there. The ultimate driving machine is meant to blend all aspects of driving and I have yet to find a company that can do it any better.
windnsea00 is offline   Reply With Quote