E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Other BMW Models > General BMW Model Discussion

General BMW Model Discussion
All non E46 BMW model questions in here. Look below for E36, E90 and F30 specific forum. For additional model specific forums check out bimmerfest.com!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-18-2006, 01:27 PM   #81
BMW_Mar

My Ride: 2002 BMW M3
this is stupid. you're looking for an Evo? Over a BMW? What is this, fast and the furious? ha. BMW's ARE the ultimate driving machine.. I own an M3 and it is amazing. My friends and I got together recently and they wanted me to race my other friends Mustang Cobra and it was pretty even. One dude whos a race car driver said even tho the cobra had more power, the bmw was better over all. It's a 6 cylinder pushing that much power.. the engineers at BMW are geniuses since they can get that much power out of a small engine. He loves domestic cars but stated that all they are is a POS frame with a big ass motor dropped in it. The BMW's luxury, appeal, handling, EVERYTHING over all is better. This is so true. You want to get an Evo because its faster than your 3-series? give me a break.. you wanna be a drag racer or something? get a 5.0 mustang. Get a whole bunch of bolt ons and other things for the car.. with what you're gonna pay for the EVO, you could have the fastest car in town with a mustang and all the add ons and STILL have money left over. And whats all this about speed? are you 16?

Asian cars dont compare to Euro.. you done pissed me off.
BMW_Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 10:40 PM   #82
Subimatt

My Ride: 01' 325i Sport
Being a suby owner as well, they are totally different cars... for the money, the amount of power in an evo or sti is unbeatable, price range they are matched with a 3 series, but performance they are closer to an M3. Ride quality in the bmw is much much better than the subarus. But the impreza after a few modifications is incredibly fun to drive.It all really depends on what you want out of a car. I like my bmw for all around practical use, luxury, sportiness and feel. My subarus are different, the Impreza I use for autox and track days and the legacy is mostly driven by my fiance. They are just so different I think that it really depends on what you want out of a car. Reliablity wise, i would go with the subaru over the evo, the clutches are terrible, the interior is kind of tacky and reliability isnt close to subaru.
Subimatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 05:47 AM   #83
AfghanScarface

My Ride: Debadged M3
Send a message via AIM to AfghanScarface
You are fantastically stupid.

Keep it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
Either pursue her and risk getting Mono, or don't pursue her,...stay home and use your Mano.

It's either Mono or Mano .... You decide
AfghanScarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 04:19 PM   #84
bmwphd

My Ride: 2006 M3 manual
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLAUDM3
kinggrimwood ...AMEN!!!
As for all you under 22yr olds who don't appreciate what you have, you got a lot to learn.

///E46 Fanatic.......
Great point, FtLaudM3! If you can afford a BMW while a teenager I guess you can't really appreciate what you have... It's a shame that someone who does not have a basic command of punctuation/spelling brags about owning BMWs.
bmwphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 01:55 AM   #85
MrL0Lz

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
To side track

To side track a bit, I'm 22, bought my first BMW 5-6 months ago. Its been my dream car since I was old enough to care. I know I'm not faster than a good portion of cars out there, I mean Hyundai is advertising a car with 260HP, a Hyundai can school me!!

The difference between BMW and everyone else the look, and feel, and to me, when I'm doing 90+ on the 101, the car in front of me KNOWS to get the hell of my way, no other can do that.

Yes I'm one of the owners where people say ".... ohhh you drive a BMW", and frankly I don't care, I work my ass to afford my car, and I enjoy it everytime I drive it.

BTW. To the original poster, Evo's are nothing more than an economy car with a turbo in it. It's just as good as putting a turbo in a Chevy Aveo, its still a POS! Buy a porsche if you hate BMW

Last edited by MrL0Lz; 03-06-2006 at 01:58 AM.
MrL0Lz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:05 AM   #86
spoonfedhatch

My Ride: 2002 325ci (Sport)
go ahead, trade your solid built "slow" bmw for a faster "econobox" chassis evo---you're gonna be the one driving a "teenager car", not us
spoonfedhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 01:25 PM   #87
chamber36

My Ride: is a 3.2
Send a message via AIM to chamber36
Quote:
Originally Posted by strabo
Where is BMW's head at? I have owned three BMW's over the last 8 years and think they are good cars all around. I then go and test drive a few other offerings on the market for under $40k WRS STI and the EVO MR and man the BMW then became the ultimate dull experience.

I think they are kidding them selves when they say that phrase as their competition has gotten pretty stiff over the last few years. I personally think they fell asleep behind the wheel when they last drove theirs. Yes I know the two cars mentioned are not as luxurious but performance wise they stomp the BMW's in the ground and for a few more $$$ in modifications (much, much cheaper than BMW owners put out) they can make them true monsters.

Well I guess now I am going to have to dump the 2001 330i and go EVO. I know some would say why not get an M3 at what $60k rear wheel drive? They reality is even the M3 $ for $ can't even come close to the performance of the EVO. BMW better wake up if they want to keep saying that phrase as it's now become a car of status on what's in your bank instead of the driving experience.

I can't wait to see what some of the members think here. Oh yeah I am 34 and have two children so keep in mind I will be on 4 door driver for years to come.

Oh and that crap about resale is a joke. I have shopped around and I am going to take a $7k+ hit on my 330i so they do depreciate just like any other car does. BMW flooded the market with the 3 series so yor value went way down from it.
K well have fun driving around in a rice rocket "under 40k" STi, im sure all they ladies will think your a true PIMP becuase you bought a Japanese WRX over a European BMW.
chamber36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:11 PM   #88
JDMOTO

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Send a message via AIM to JDMOTO
Let me start off saying I came from the import scene with an 95 Eclipse and right before I sold the car it had enough WHP to walk a viper on the highway. Few thing come in my mind why i sold my car. Lets see...

1. You really think your modded 2.0L upto 500+ hp will last long? Think again.
2. I broke enough axles during racing that I had enough back home to replace 2 cars.
3. You might be fast racing in the street, but it gets old.
4. you get respect from 12-20 yr olds.

Just a few things that come in mine. I was in the import scene since I was 15 and Ive dragged national with my Eclipse. and I drive it dd too. The reason I bought the car was one reason pure power, nothing else. Your comparing apple with oranges. Those turbo rally cars are for people who wants to enjoy the pure raw power and to relive there teenage years again. now that im 23 Ive learnd that theres other thing to life then just seeing whos got the fastest ride from parking lot to parking lot. I for one am very happy with my 330ci, yes its got about 1/3 of the hp i use to drive, but I dont look down on it. I know the difference between the two cars. Thats what everyone need to understand.

one last thing.. Someone will always be faster then you!
JDMOTO is offline   Reply With Quote