E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2006, 07:42 PM   #1
ArjunGFX

My Ride: BMW M3 (one day)
Addicted to walking.

One of the best things I've started doing since I got into getting shape is just randomly walking and I feel like it so good for me. Of course the same can be done with jogging but sometimes I don't do that because I associate it with a workout.

But does anyone just take really long walks, on terrain with some hills etc, for like an hour or more? It is awesome... I do this a lot at night, especially if I've eaten a lot, and it clears my head, gives me a workout, and makes me feel so much better overall..... even in daily life when I can easily drive somewhere or take a long walk, I choose the walk these days.... but night is definitely my favorite.

for ex right now I know I will be watching TV later, and I gotta meet my girl etc for coffee and I know we will eat some junk somewhere.... so time for a nice fast random long walk.....
ArjunGFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:48 PM   #2
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
That's great, walks are never bad for you! I usually find a 4-5 mile run accomplishes the same thing
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:50 PM   #3
Elefant
Banned

My Ride: and hes hairy too
i wish i was addicted to walking
Elefant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:53 PM   #4
ArjunGFX

My Ride: BMW M3 (one day)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWERKEN
That's great, walks are never bad for you! I usually find a 4-5 mile run accomplishes the same thing
i can imagine, i want to get more into running. i am in good enough shape to run but i prefer walking maybe 3-4 miles when I am outside.... if im on a treadmill I'll run for a couple miles within the workout.

I think a lot of it is because I played soooooo much competitive golf growing up that I LOVE walking.
ArjunGFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 02:10 AM   #5
inspiredbyant

My Ride: a donkey
i like nature walks. you shoudl get a dog to walk with, or an ipod.
inspiredbyant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 03:31 AM   #6
Keno

My Ride: smelly & leaky 330ci
Send a message via AIM to Keno
thats awesome dude.

My G-pa's brother passed away a few months ago, at 92 yrs old.

My grandparents say that his mind was sharp, and he was always full of energy.

they also said that he lived really long because he walked EVERWHERE, probably clocking 5-6 miles a day (never took the bus i guess).

so, i dont think you can lose. Just make sure u got water or somethin (camelbak perhaps?).

thats good man, i think i gotta start walking more too.
Old 03-11-2006, 03:35 AM   #7
jonaphn

My Ride: 2006 Black/Red GTO
walking is great and for awhile i was really getting into jogging.

just seeing if i can go farther than last time and going in places i've never been, but lately we've been having really whacky weather (campbell/san jose CA) and i haven't been able to go as much as i'd like.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:43 AM   #8
BimmerPhan

My Ride: -
Where do you walk? I'm in Boston and walking around here stresses me out because I feel like I'll be hit by a cah.
BimmerPhan is offline   Reply With Quote