E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Home Improvement

Home Improvement
Home Improvement ideas, help, DIYs, and show room. Got a home improvement project you need help with or want to share. Post your project now!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2006, 01:32 PM   #1
JimboM3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: DC
Posts: 33
My Ride: 99 e36 328i Cabrio
Send a message via AIM to JimboM3
Completed Media Room

This is one of my customers Media room I just completed (95%)

Specs:

(Sharp)- 45" LCD
(Onkyo)- TX-NR1000 (7.1-Ultra 2 THX)
(Pioneer)- 301 Disc DVD Changer
(Mordaunt Short)- In-wall Front speakers
(Russound)- 6.5" In-Ceiling LCR Surround/Effects Speakers
(Middle Atlantic)- 12 Shelves recess In-wall AV Cabinet Rackmounts
(Universal Remote)- MX-3000 / MRF-300
(Xbox Live)
(PS2)
(DVDO HD Scaler+)
(Panamax HT Surge/Conditioner)
(EarthQuake 10)- 10" down firing w/ crossover

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 014.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	169142   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 015.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	169143   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 020.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	169144   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 042.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	169145  

JimboM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 05:24 PM   #2
James330I
Imported Redneck
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 881
My Ride: BMW baby 330i 5spd
Send a message via AIM to James330I
hey how do you like the mordaunt short speakers? Can you compare to other high end brands?

I looked at their floorstanders and the price is good but no one really carries them. Though I have complete faith in british-designed speakers, i'd still like to listen for myself
__________________
------------------------





2001 Dinan 330I 5spd (gone..what an awesome car)
2013 335i 6spd M-sport
2013 Infiniti M37S

James330I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 05:33 PM   #3
baller99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: LA
Posts: 92
My Ride: My whip
Quote:
Originally Posted by James330I
hey how do you like the mordaunt short speakers? Can you compare to other high end brands?

I looked at their floorstanders and the price is good but no one really carries them. Though I have complete faith in british-designed speakers, i'd still like to listen for myself
Kef and B&W> * to my ears.
baller99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 06:01 PM   #4
JimboM3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: DC
Posts: 33
My Ride: 99 e36 328i Cabrio
Send a message via AIM to JimboM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by James330I
hey how do you like the mordaunt short speakers? Can you compare to other high end brands?

I looked at their floorstanders and the price is good but no one really carries them. Though I have complete faith in british-designed speakers, i'd still like to listen for myself


For the price is pretty good comparing to Polk/Infinity/JBL for in wall sound w/adjustable tweeters. Again when dealing with Acoustical, placements/angle/room size/furnitures will all has a big role in how any speakers will sound. Of course proper calibrations of your AV Receivers too is a prority.

Last edited by JimboM3; 03-05-2006 at 06:04 PM.
JimboM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 10:56 PM   #5
blownE30M3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: San Diego, SoCal
Posts: 192
My Ride: 2004 JB M3
Send a message via AIM to blownE30M3
lol, bet it was fun hangin that tv. I hated in wall installs.
__________________


Home Automation and A/V Programming
http://www.xsdesignstudios.com
blownE30M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:00 AM   #6
sycE46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,889
My Ride: 323ci
wow.. looks good. what kind of tv is that?
sycE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:41 AM   #7
JimboM3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: DC
Posts: 33
My Ride: 99 e36 328i Cabrio
Send a message via AIM to JimboM3
Its The Sharp 45" LCD. Excellent for HD viewing, Gaming and Computers worky stuff
JimboM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:45 AM   #8
JimboM3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: DC
Posts: 33
My Ride: 99 e36 328i Cabrio
Send a message via AIM to JimboM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycE46
wow.. looks good. what kind of tv is that?
Thnx man......
JimboM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:38 AM   #9
soheilm3
bored.
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: san diego, ca
Posts: 950
My Ride: definitly not an m3
Send a message via AIM to soheilm3
in wall stuff just looks so trippy for me to see, its damn cool. congrats
--soheil
__________________
Women are:

Taken
Smart
Beautiful

(pick 2 of the three only)
soheilm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:35 PM   #10
baller99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: LA
Posts: 92
My Ride: My whip
I can't stand in or on wall stuff. Unless you are projecting an image using front projection, the screen is always in stark contrast to the size of the wall itself, and makes the experience unpleasant.
baller99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:59 PM   #11
JimboM3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: DC
Posts: 33
My Ride: 99 e36 328i Cabrio
Send a message via AIM to JimboM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by baller99
I can't stand in or on wall stuff. Unless you are projecting an image using front projection, the screen is always in stark contrast to the size of the wall itself, and makes the experience unpleasant.
that can be done also...............
JimboM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 03:01 PM   #12
blownE30M3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: San Diego, SoCal
Posts: 192
My Ride: 2004 JB M3
Send a message via AIM to blownE30M3
Who designed that room? You've got a couple things wrong.
__________________


Home Automation and A/V Programming
http://www.xsdesignstudios.com
blownE30M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 03:17 PM   #13
JimboM3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: DC
Posts: 33
My Ride: 99 e36 328i Cabrio
Send a message via AIM to JimboM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownE30M3
Who designed that room? You've got a couple things wrong.
Oh yes sir.......plz let me hear your complaint.........any constructive critizms would be nice. thnx
JimboM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 03:40 PM   #14
blownE30M3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: San Diego, SoCal
Posts: 192
My Ride: 2004 JB M3
Send a message via AIM to blownE30M3
For one, never put a rack in direct view of the monitor. The lights of the rack no matter how masked (I see you have a mesh door on the rack) will still be apparent and distract the eye. Two, did you centerline the room? It doesnt look like the tv is center with that wall vent. Maybe its just me being picky, but whenever I lined a room, I would either a) move that vent over center to the tv if it were off center, b) center the tv on the vent.

Also, is that left channel speaker straight? Looks crooked in the picture.

Three, do not place speakers on the bottom edge of the display, always center to the vertical axis of the tv.
__________________


Home Automation and A/V Programming
http://www.xsdesignstudios.com
blownE30M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 03:59 PM   #15
JimboM3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: DC
Posts: 33
My Ride: 99 e36 328i Cabrio
Send a message via AIM to JimboM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownE30M3
For one, never put a rack in direct view of the monitor. The lights of the rack no matter how masked (I see you have a mesh door on the rack) will still be apparent and distract the eye. Two, did you centerline the room? It doesnt look like the tv is center with that wall vent. Maybe its just me being picky, but whenever I lined a room, I would either a) move that vent over center to the tv if it were off center, b) center the tv on the vent.

Also, is that left channel speaker straight? Looks crooked in the picture.

Three, do not place speakers on the bottom edge of the display, always center to the vertical axis of the tv.
thnx for the critizms:

1) The Rack is 5 ft from the LCD and recessed into the other bedroom closet.
a. The cabinet is from Middle Atlantic and it was special designs for AV and the door is not meshed, its charcoal smoke plexi w/anti-glare coat

2) Believe me, the Speakers/LCD are right on dot level- had laser line leveler/traditional leveler and on top of that this customer is a "walking human leveler"

3) I agree with you with the placement of speakers being center of TV axis, but this is how this customer perfer with this setup and I won't agrue with a paying customers and acoustically a few inches up would not make a difference.

Again, once the room is setup, i will follow up with some more pixs......
JimboM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 04:06 PM   #16
blownE30M3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: San Diego, SoCal
Posts: 192
My Ride: 2004 JB M3
Send a message via AIM to blownE30M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboM3
thnx for the critizms:

1) The Rack is 5 ft from the LCD and recessed into the other bedroom closet.
a. The cabinet is from Middle Atlantic and it was special designs for AV and the door is not meshed, its charcoal smoke plexi w/anti-glare coat

2) Believe me, the Speakers/LCD are right on dot level- had laser line leveler/traditional leveler and on top of that this customer is a "walking human leveler"

3) I agree with you with the placement of speakers being center of TV axis, but this is how this customer perfer with this setup and I won't agrue with a paying customers and acoustically a few inches up would not make a difference.

Again, once the room is setup, i will follow up with some more pixs......
Which company you work for. 9 times out of 10 we're thier programmers.
__________________


Home Automation and A/V Programming
http://www.xsdesignstudios.com
blownE30M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 04:25 PM   #17
JimboM3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: DC
Posts: 33
My Ride: 99 e36 328i Cabrio
Send a message via AIM to JimboM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownE30M3
Which company you work for. 9 times out of 10 we're thier programmers.
Im self employed.........
JimboM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:19 PM   #18
Sponger
Banned
 
Sponger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 267
My Ride: 2000 328ci
That system looks sick. How much did that cost to do bro.
Sponger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use