E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Motorsports & Track Forum

Motorsports & Track Forum
From Auto-X to Trackday to Racing and Professional Motorsports this is the place to discuss making BMWs fast

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2006, 03:13 AM   #1
t0fudelivery
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Winnetka, CA
Posts: 28
My Ride: 1976 BMW 2002i
Send a message via AIM to t0fudelivery
Favorite F1 Driver!!

Who is your favorite F1 driver(s)?

Giancarlo Fisichella
Juan Pablo Montoya
Mark Webber

I must say that Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen were amazing to watch in qualifying 2005!!
t0fudelivery is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:16 PM   #2
Tuscan
I am F1.
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: The Projects of Awesome
Posts: 765
My Ride: Needs a S/C V8.
Send a message via AIM to Tuscan
I don't have a particular. I just want Williams to win.
__________________
Tuscan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 03:57 PM   #3
Jeff43
next mod: recaro child seat
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: East Coast
Posts: 1,972
My Ride: smells like surf wax
JPM...he's not always the easiest to root for, but he certainly provides a lot of excitement.

CANNOT WAIT for the season to start this weekend...
__________________
Jeff43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 05:02 PM   #4
TitanSilber ZHP
Registered User
 
TitanSilber ZHP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 2,926
My Ride: 08 E90 335i
Send a message via AIM to TitanSilber ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to TitanSilber ZHP
Scott Speed, or Heikki Kovalenin.
__________________
| Andrew | M Technik | BMW Performance | 3M | V1 | LUX 5.0 | Bilstein PSS9 | Precision-Sport |



FS: Camera Mount:http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=694858
TitanSilber ZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 05:08 PM   #5
DMXtremeZHP
Registered User
 
DMXtremeZHP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ridgewood NJ, Long Branch NJ, NYC, Boston, MA, Edgewater NJ
Posts: 2,670
My Ride: 04 330i ZHP & 13 S4
Send a message via AIM to DMXtremeZHP
Kimi - I'm a McLaren fan (as seen on my avatar)
__________________
William

Modified* 2004 Silver Gray BMW 330i ZHP
Rogue Engineering|aFe|H&R|Hotchkis|Dinan|Shark|JL|DICE|etc.

FOR SALE!!! PM OR EMAIL ME: wjn126@gmail.com


Garage:
2013 Audi S4|2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit|2008 Mercedes-Benz ML550|2008 BMW X5 3.0si|2011 Mercedes-Benz SL550
DMXtremeZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 05:24 PM   #6
russ330
Mod Squad
 
russ330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Mississippi's Gulf Coast
Posts: 15,800
My Ride: Motorsport III
Send a message via AIM to russ330
Schumi - Ever since the Ford powered Benetton days
Jacques Villeneuve - I loved the way he burst on the scene when he made his debut at Williams

My other favorite drivers have either retired or moved on, Gerhard Berger, Neigel Mansell, Jean Alesi, Heinz-Harald Frentzen
__________________
russ330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 07:51 PM   #7
inzunzar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Valencia, CA
Posts: 95
My Ride: 325 Ci
I like Schumi and Alonso, a third one would be Button
inzunzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:34 PM   #8
t0fudelivery
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Winnetka, CA
Posts: 28
My Ride: 1976 BMW 2002i
Send a message via AIM to t0fudelivery
Did you happen to read F1 Racing last or two months ago? I quote "Nobody on the F1 grid is as good as I am, Alonso and Raikkonen just happened to be in the right place at the right time" -Jenson Button

errr...people are entitled to their opinions
t0fudelivery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 02:18 AM   #9
shiro_46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: YVR
Posts: 231
My Ride: M54 B30
Kimi, Alonso, M Schumacher .. i like to watch the duels rather than specific drivers tho
shiro_46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 09:13 PM   #10
oofie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SD
Posts: 137
My Ride: 07 Fit
Send a message via AIM to oofie
I loved Mika Hakkinen and M Schumacer days...
__________________
oofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 11:27 PM   #11
unionjack
Conceited Prick
 
unionjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,082
My Ride: 997.2 C2S
Quick Nick.
__________________
unionjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 02:30 AM   #12
vincentvega9701
has a power steerin leak :/
 
vincentvega9701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 281
My Ride: '01 325i, EMD F59PHI
(1) always liked schumi, dating back to benetton. say what you will about him, seven world championships is impossible to argue with. plus, he donated $10 mil cash to tsunami relief. far and away the largest individual donation ... it's hard not to like the guy.
(2) will root for reubens, he's no longer anyone's b*tch
(3) david coulthard, too. he was on a leash w/ mclaren, glad to see him do well with red bull. watching kimi and juan pablo self destruct has got to make him feel good.
(4) jarno trulli. he'll get toyota's first win. i dunno wtf is up w/ ralf.

drivers i hate?
(1) takuma sato. that f*cker gives all asian drivers a bad rap. time and time again, he destroys perfectly good racecars with boneheaded passes. bob varsha (u.s. announcer) says he's "courageous." more like stupid.
(2) kimi - a miserable prick
(3) juan pablo - a self absorbed prick
(4) tiego montiero - still cannot get over how thrilled he was at last year's joke of a USGP. acted like a damn child. he should have been thoroughly embarrased with the whole thing. he doesn't deserve his race seat - he didn't impress anyone when he was in champ car.
__________________


vincentvega9701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 11:35 AM   #13
palindrome
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: </\>
Posts: 50
My Ride: ...
Kimi and i guess scott speed. He seems pretty down to earth and somewhat humble.
palindrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 05:32 PM   #14
t0fudelivery
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Winnetka, CA
Posts: 28
My Ride: 1976 BMW 2002i
Send a message via AIM to t0fudelivery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentvega9701
(1) always liked schumi, dating back to benetton. say what you will about him, seven world championships is impossible to argue with. plus, he donated $10 mil cash to tsunami relief. far and away the largest individual donation ... it's hard not to like the guy.
(2) will root for reubens, he's no longer anyone's b*tch
(3) david coulthard, too. he was on a leash w/ mclaren, glad to see him do well with red bull. watching kimi and juan pablo self destruct has got to make him feel good.
(4) jarno trulli. he'll get toyota's first win. i dunno wtf is up w/ ralf.

drivers i hate?
(1) takuma sato. that f*cker gives all asian drivers a bad rap. time and time again, he destroys perfectly good racecars with boneheaded passes. bob varsha (u.s. announcer) says he's "courageous." more like stupid.
(2) kimi - a miserable prick
(3) juan pablo - a self absorbed prick
(4) tiego montiero - still cannot get over how thrilled he was at last year's joke of a USGP. acted like a damn child. he should have been thoroughly embarrased with the whole thing. he doesn't deserve his race seat - he didn't impress anyone when he was in champ car.

Lol do you know anything about F1?

1) First of all, kimi did not have a reliable car from Mercedes/Mclaren, and that is the most probably reason he will leave to drive for Ferrari in 2007.
2) JPM (juan pablo) was not a good #2 driver, he was equally fighting for the title just as Kimi was, even fighting for position against Kimi in some races.
3) Reubens wasnt anyone's *****, he was a #2 for Michael Schumacher, its about team strategy. It's sad to say that there is no such thing as a #2 driver on teams, but its all true, its bad strategy to have two equally fast paced drivers on the same team.
4) Takuma Sato has been his own worst enemy at times, and its not courage that makes you a good driver, Bob Varsha said courageous because Takuma Sato has enough balls to make the moves he has made (however being costly)
5) Why are you ragging on Tiago Monteiro? The guy is a rookie, and he got a podium in the USA GP, it doesnt matter that it wasnt a good race because of Michelin's problem, if you look at the F1 standings for USA 2005, it will say #1 Schumacher, #2 Barrichello, #3 Monteiro...still a win.

These arguments can go on all day..
t0fudelivery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 07:22 PM   #15
vincentvega9701
has a power steerin leak :/
 
vincentvega9701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 281
My Ride: '01 325i, EMD F59PHI
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0fudelivery
Lol do you know anything about F1?

1) First of all, kimi did not have a reliable car from Mercedes/Mclaren, and that is the most probably reason he will leave to drive for Ferrari in 2007.
2) JPM (juan pablo) was not a good #2 driver, he was equally fighting for the title just as Kimi was, even fighting for position against Kimi in some races.
3) Reubens wasnt anyone's *****, he was a #2 for Michael Schumacher, its about team strategy. It's sad to say that there is no such thing as a #2 driver on teams, but its all true, its bad strategy to have two equally fast paced drivers on the same team.
4) Takuma Sato has been his own worst enemy at times, and its not courage that makes you a good driver, Bob Varsha said courageous because Takuma Sato has enough balls to make the moves he has made (however being costly)
5) Why are you ragging on Tiago Monteiro? The guy is a rookie, and he got a podium in the USA GP, it doesnt matter that it wasnt a good race because of Michelin's problem, if you look at the F1 standings for USA 2005, it will say #1 Schumacher, #2 Barrichello, #3 Monteiro...still a win.

These arguments can go on all day..
dude, why are you being such a know-it-all prick in this thread? and the other one, too? you disagree with me, great. that's what forums are for, a place of discussion. you don't have to lower yourself to insults.

(1) kimi having an unrealiable car and me thinking that he is a "miserable prick" are two completely different issues. so your reply has nothing to do with my dislike for him. what proof do i have that he's a miserable prick? where do i start ... shoving race marshalls damn near everytime he has a DNF? being a lousy teammate to JPM? constantly whining and complaining? come on.

(2) again, your response does not refute my assertion that JPM is self absorbed prick. so why even open your mouth? what proof do i have that he's a self absorbed prick? listen to interviews he's done for the past three seasons. all the garbage he talks about michael, alonso, etc. he hasn't been a serious contender for the title in awhile, yet he runs his mouth like he's the seven time world champ.

(3) are you f*cking blind? did you not watch the team ordered joke of a finish to the begian GP a few years ago? when todt ordered reubens to slow down and give michael the win? what about last year at indy, when michael clearly cut reubens off in turn one in the closing laps and the team didn't do or say anything. that qualifies as being a ***** to me

(4) george custer was called courageous, too. he's still an idiot for fighting at the little big horn and history remembers him as such. takuma sato made bad decisions time and time again, far more than good decisions that qualify as courageous. why else would Honda drop him for Reubens? i think Varsha was being overly kind.

(5) again, you need to actually read my point before responding with "why are you ragging on montiero." the guy acted like a jackass at the USGP. michael and reubens were clearly embarrased about the whole thing and acted reserved. meanwhile, tiego acted like he had just won monaco. it was in bad taste and was very selfish. period. furthermore, he does not deserve his race seat. you cannot convince me that he was more qualified that anthony davidson, nico rosberg or dan wheldon, to name a few. he got that seat because of money. period.

EDIT - no, the argument with you can't "go on all day." because you clearly have no clue what the hell you are talking about. i'm not trying to be disrespectful, just saying. you need to get your facts straight before you start lecturing other people.
__________________



Last edited by vincentvega9701; 03-12-2006 at 07:26 PM.
vincentvega9701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 10:39 PM   #16
DMXtremeZHP
Registered User
 
DMXtremeZHP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ridgewood NJ, Long Branch NJ, NYC, Boston, MA, Edgewater NJ
Posts: 2,670
My Ride: 04 330i ZHP & 13 S4
Send a message via AIM to DMXtremeZHP
what basis do you have calling Kimi a "miserable prick" ? I'm just curious, not trying to start anything
__________________
William

Modified* 2004 Silver Gray BMW 330i ZHP
Rogue Engineering|aFe|H&R|Hotchkis|Dinan|Shark|JL|DICE|etc.

FOR SALE!!! PM OR EMAIL ME: wjn126@gmail.com


Garage:
2013 Audi S4|2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit|2008 Mercedes-Benz ML550|2008 BMW X5 3.0si|2011 Mercedes-Benz SL550
DMXtremeZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 10:46 PM   #17
vincentvega9701
has a power steerin leak :/
 
vincentvega9701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 281
My Ride: '01 325i, EMD F59PHI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMXtremeZHP
what basis do you have calling Kimi a "miserable prick" ? I'm just curious, not trying to start anything
well, it's his attitude that makes me label him that. for example, remember this episode from last year?

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=98573

being reprimanded by your team principal for a bad attitude is pretty bad, don't you think? plus, i don't there any reason to go around shoving track marshals. he's done it multiple times. shows a total lack of professionalism, if you ask me.

and just to be fair, i do think he's a great driver. and he's been doomed with terrible, terrible luck. which i find hilarious
__________________


vincentvega9701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 10:50 PM   #18
t0fudelivery
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Winnetka, CA
Posts: 28
My Ride: 1976 BMW 2002i
Send a message via AIM to t0fudelivery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentvega9701
dude, why are you being such a know-it-all prick in this thread? and the other one, too? you disagree with me, great. that's what forums are for, a place of discussion. you don't have to lower yourself to insults.

(1) kimi having an unrealiable car and me thinking that he is a "miserable prick" are two completely different issues. so your reply has nothing to do with my dislike for him. what proof do i have that he's a miserable prick? where do i start ... shoving race marshalls damn near everytime he has a DNF? being a lousy teammate to JPM? constantly whining and complaining? come on.

(2) again, your response does not refute my assertion that JPM is self absorbed prick. so why even open your mouth? what proof do i have that he's a self absorbed prick? listen to interviews he's done for the past three seasons. all the garbage he talks about michael, alonso, etc. he hasn't been a serious contender for the title in awhile, yet he runs his mouth like he's the seven time world champ.

(3) are you f*cking blind? did you not watch the team ordered joke of a finish to the begian GP a few years ago? when todt ordered reubens to slow down and give michael the win? what about last year at indy, when michael clearly cut reubens off in turn one in the closing laps and the team didn't do or say anything. that qualifies as being a ***** to me

(4) george custer was called courageous, too. he's still an idiot for fighting at the little big horn and history remembers him as such. takuma sato made bad decisions time and time again, far more than good decisions that qualify as courageous. why else would Honda drop him for Reubens? i think Varsha was being overly kind.

(5) again, you need to actually read my point before responding with "why are you ragging on montiero." the guy acted like a jackass at the USGP. michael and reubens were clearly embarrased about the whole thing and acted reserved. meanwhile, tiego acted like he had just won monaco. it was in bad taste and was very selfish. period. furthermore, he does not deserve his race seat. you cannot convince me that he was more qualified that anthony davidson, nico rosberg or dan wheldon, to name a few. he got that seat because of money. period.

EDIT - no, the argument with you can't "go on all day." because you clearly have no clue what the hell you are talking about. i'm not trying to be disrespectful, just saying. you need to get your facts straight before you start lecturing other people.


I STAND CORRECTED!!
t0fudelivery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 07:31 PM   #19
chakhaeboy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: OC
Posts: 286
My Ride: 08 335I & 09 Z4
Mark Webber and Jensen Button.
I just wanna see BMW and Honda do well this year.
GP#3 Melbourne is just few hours away~~~~~~~
Alonso..please go crash....no more Renault Dynasty....
__________________
2007 530i - Daily
2003 325i - Sold
2001 325ci - Sold
chakhaeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 08:51 PM   #20
BimmerIsMyName
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: University of Minnesota-Duluth (UMD)
Posts: 1,338
My Ride: 2007 VW Jetta 2.5
Fernando Alanso
I would also like to see BMW and Honda do well.
__________________


2007 VW Jetta Wolfsburg 2.5L
Mods: Smoked headlights and tail lights, Clear Side Markers, Front grill chrome delete, BSH Cold Air Intake, MSW 17" Black Wheels, Eibach Pro-Cup Kit, Eibach Anti-Roll Kit (Front and Rear), Magnaflow Catback, 18" BBS CK
BimmerIsMyName is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use