E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Home Improvement

Home Improvement
Home Improvement ideas, help, DIYs, and show room. Got a home improvement project you need help with or want to share. Post your project now!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2006, 09:20 PM   #1
pimpn04coupe

My Ride: some hooptie
Moving to new house, need suggestions on how to arrange furniture (and what to buy)

Okay, so my family is moving to a new house, and it is a very modern type very remodeled house. One of the rooms is a large movie theater/media room featuring an incredibly large screen built into the wall and a projector coming from the roof as well as all the speakers and such. The room is very large, very wide. I will get exact specs soon when we visit i will measure everything. But my family is divided on what furniture to get to really set off the room and how to decorate it. We want big and comfy furniture that would sit alot of people, and hopefully somehow be able to incorporate a few media chairs (single chairs that recline)... but most important is large couches that are super comfy and still can pull off the very modern look of the media room. If i can figure out how to take a screen shot i can post pics......

if anyone has any pics of built home theaters/media rooms i would appreciate it oh and not the ones with tvs im talking about the ones with huge projection screens and projectors.... thanks...
pimpn04coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 09:44 PM   #2
soheilm3
bored.

My Ride: definitly not an m3
Send a message via AIM to soheilm3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpn04coupe
Okay, so my family is moving to a new house, and it is a very modern type very remodeled house. One of the rooms is a large movie theater/media room featuring an incredibly large screen built into the wall and a projector coming from the roof as well as all the speakers and such. The room is very large, very wide. I will get exact specs soon when we visit i will measure everything. But my family is divided on what furniture to get to really set off the room and how to decorate it. We want big and comfy furniture that would sit alot of people, and hopefully somehow be able to incorporate a few media chairs (single chairs that recline)... but most important is large couches that are super comfy and still can pull off the very modern look of the media room. If i can figure out how to take a screen shot i can post pics......

if anyone has any pics of built home theaters/media rooms i would appreciate it oh and not the ones with tvs im talking about the ones with huge projection screens and projectors.... thanks...
there's a few pics in the "post pics of your ht setup" thread. unfortunatly, that's about all the info i can give, as i'm just as clueless as you. i would say just get a bunch of theatre seats or couchs and make sure to somehow utilize stadium seating (elevated second row).

cheers
--soheil

Taken
Smart
Beautiful

(pick 2 of the three only)
soheilm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 10:21 PM   #3
pimpn04coupe

thats the thing, its impossible to do stadium seating, you cant elevate the floor....
Old 03-13-2006, 11:26 AM   #4
James330I
Imported Redneck

My Ride: BMW baby 330i 5spd
Send a message via AIM to James330I
Quote:
thats the thing, its impossible to do stadium seating, you cant elevate the floor....
why not? buy some wood and build a riser...not that hard.

You can put a U-shaped couch towards the front, Towards the back of the room - build a riser/platform where you can put 2-3 seperate recliners.

2001 Dinan 330I 5spd (gone..what an awesome car)
2013 335i 6spd M-sport
2013 Infiniti M37S

James330I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 04:57 PM   #5
soheilm3
bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James330I
why not? buy some wood and build a riser...not that hard.

You can put a U-shaped couch towards the front, Towards the back of the room - build a riser/platform where you can put 2-3 seperate recliners.
exactly what i was thinking, but didn't know how to describe, for whatever reason the term "riser" just would not come to mind.

--soheil

Taken
Smart
Beautiful

Old 03-13-2006, 05:14 PM   #6
blownE30M3

My Ride: 2004 JB M3
Send a message via AIM to blownE30M3
If you do not have enough experience in carpentry DO NOT ATTEMPT TO BUILD A RISER!

With that said, if you do it will be cake. If not, contact a local Home Theater place and contract it out. If it is a room like you say it is, the only benefit would be multi-level seating. Just one row above would be fine, depends on what kind of money your parents want to spend.

Im sure they'll make thier own decision though. No matter what we tell you.

Home Automation and A/V Programming
http://www.xsdesignstudios.com
blownE30M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 05:36 PM   #7
pimpn04coupe

no thats the thing we are looking for suggestions... and i guess i explained the room wrong, there is absolutely no way to make a level up in the back because in the back is a door to the backyard... hard to describe without pictures, im gona get measurements soon, and otherwise i want to take a screenshot so that i can post pics...
Old 03-13-2006, 05:46 PM   #8
soheilm3
bored.

Quote:
no thats the thing we are looking for suggestions... and i guess i explained the room wrong, there is absolutely no way to make a level up in the back because in the back is a door to the backyard... hard to describe without pictures, im gona get measurements soon, and otherwise i want to take a screenshot so that i can post pics...
could you fit two rows of seating? if so then you could acquire some risers (either homemade or professional grade).

here's a quick mspaint of how it would work if with a door in the back... and yes i know it's a masterpiece

--soheil
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	room.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	170554  

Taken
Smart
Beautiful

Old 03-13-2006, 06:03 PM   #9
pimpn04coupe

hahaha.... see the thing is, the room is too casual for a riser. Thats what im trying to get across sorry im not being clear. My parents definetly dont want the all out movie theater look with indivdial theater seats, but they are debating whether to do L shaped couch or U shaped cough or either combo with a one or two individual movie seats.... it will be clear when i get pics...
Old 03-13-2006, 06:22 PM   #10
blownE30M3

My Ride: 2004 JB M3
Send a message via AIM to blownE30M3
One leather couch, 3 seater in rear, end seats kick out to recliners.

Two lay z boys catty cornered in front.

This depends on the measurements. But this is the default setup for no risers.

Home Automation and A/V Programming
http://www.xsdesignstudios.com
blownE30M3 is offline   Reply With Quote