E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Car Care & Detailing

Car Care & Detailing
Get detailing answers and tips here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2006, 12:12 AM   #1
watdafuq327

My Ride: 325ci
Best way to remove a little bit of paint rub off???

so we have a really tight squeeze in our driveway and my roommate brushed against my car, around the rear passenger wheel well, he barely touched the car (not enough to make any kind of indentation in the body) but enough to leave a little bit of his paint on my car-he has a silver car, i have sienna red....whats the best product to use to try and remove as much of the other cars paint? help!!!!
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:43 AM   #2
Greg@DetailedImage.com
Clean Shine Protect Expert

My Ride: is clean & protected
No worries this problem can be fixed with ease. Paint transfer is usually one of the easier blemishes to fix on paint. I would recommend you get the Poorboy's World Super Swirl Remover (SSR) 2.5 followed by the SSR 1.0. The SSR 2.5 is a medium abrasive polish that will easily remove the paint with light to medium pressure. I typically apply this with a Porter Cable buffer but you will be fine doing it by hand with a microfiber applicator (highly recommend one product per pad). Then use the SSR 1.0 to make sure all surface gloss has been restored and there is no marks left behind. This should leave the paint looking like nothing ever happened. Maybe if you still like your roomate you can let him use it on the part of his car that hit yours. These two products can be used on your entire vehicle if needed to help reduce swirls and fine scratches. Let me know if you have questions or if there any other detailing questions you might need help with.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Greg@DetailedImage.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:26 AM   #3
artikxscout

My Ride: 97 Techno Violet M3
Hey Greg, would you still have to use a something to shine it back up again or will the SSR 1.0 finish the job off? What happens if you use the klasse AIO after the SSR 1.0? would it be useless?
artikxscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 09:21 AM   #4
Detailed Image
Sponsor

My Ride: Audi S4
Send a message via AIM to Detailed Image
Quote:
Originally Posted by artikxscout
Hey Greg, would you still have to use a something to shine it back up again or will the SSR 1.0 finish the job off? What happens if you use the klasse AIO after the SSR 1.0? would it be useless?
arikxscout,

The SSR 1 is a perfect companion for the SSR 2.5. As the 2.5 is doing its job removing scratches, swirls, paint, it can leave a slight haze when you are done. What the SSR 1 will do is clean up that haze and bring back your paint to a brilliant shine. Since the AIO doesn't have any abrasives, it will not be as effective as the fine polish of SSR 1. After the SSR 1 if you want to put a coat of chemical polish and acrylic sealant, then you can do the AIO afterwards and you now have a great coat of protection. If you want to take it 1 step further, additional layers of High Gloss Sealant Glaze can be applied and/or you can top it off with a Carnauba Wax for additional depth and gloss in your paint.

Sincerely,

George @ DI

Wash & Dry Products, Clay Bars, Polishes, Sealants, and Waxes
10offe46 - Discount Code for 10% Off for e46fanatics members
Detail University - Detailing Enthusiast Discussion Forum
Detailed Image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 09:28 PM   #5
450RRR

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330Ci
how do you rate, umm...i think it's DuPont 7, i forget really, something like that but i had a little fender mark that had quite a bit of subaru green paint on my TiSilver car and it was amazing, its in a small but wide cylinder...

....^Pic provided by Kacperskates, edited by Stmtt03(Tex)
450RRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:33 PM   #6
OCDGarage
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: Cabrio M3, Carbon
Products like Dupont, Turtle Wax, Mothers etc. will all remove scuffs or blemishes. They will do this because they all contain abrasives and solvents. What makes products like Menzerna and Poorboy's different are the quality and uniformity of their ingredients. The finished product is more reliable and much smoother which results in greater shine. Maybe DI would like to chime in on this one also.

Brett @ OCD
OCDGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 12:00 AM   #7
Tooj

My Ride: '04 330i ZHP
I can testify that the PB combo will remove the paint rub off because a few days earlier I had the same happen to me. At first I was extremely angry but upon closer inspection I realized that I had bought the PC for a reason. I pulled it out and it took care of the problem with ease. Good luck!
Tooj is offline   Reply With Quote