E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Other BMW Models > General BMW Model Discussion

General BMW Model Discussion
All non E46 BMW model questions in here. Look below for E36, E90 and F30 specific forum. For additional model specific forums check out bimmerfest.com!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-23-2006, 07:00 PM   #21
AMG-ETR

My Ride: S54B32 On Boost
Send a message via MSN to AMG-ETR

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber36
...then you sir, didnt drive it right

AMG-ETR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 07:32 PM   #22
tipsyhemi

My Ride: a4, S550, titanic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unveiled
That dealer has three ///M5's. Big deal. You make it seem like they have 15 sitting stagnant on their lot.
what the hell are u talkin about? i said in the post they have 3 new ones and a 4th is the demo driver!!!! i said it clearly and specifically especially considering the fact that they had no other 750i, or a single 6series when i picked up my car, having 3 M5s (a BRAND NEW and much HYPED car) yea it is a big mother-****ing deal!!!!!

tipsyhemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 07:39 PM   #23
Unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyhemi
what the hell are u talkin about? i said in the post they have 3 new ones and a 4th is the demo driver!!!! i said it clearly and specifically especially considering the fact that they had no other 750i, or a single 6series when i picked up my car, having 3 M5s (a BRAND NEW and much HYPED car) yea it is a big mother-****ing deal!!!!!
Exactly what I said. An ///M car appeals to select individuals, whereas a 7-series/6-series has a broader customer base. Get with the program.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:23 PM   #24
tipsyhemi

aight cut the ignorant part. EVERYONE RESPECTS AN E46 M3. look at me ive got a b7 a4 and im on this forum showing mad love to E46s. u got to stop the denial, these cars arent moving like they should be. My theory is that the M6 is the reason, i hope it is anyway. i love this new M5 i just cant believe how few people are buying it, and im startin to believe its the engine. u have to rev it too high for the power to come on, and a E39 M5 is just so torquey and effortless that its a different experience from a E60.

Old 03-24-2006, 09:16 PM   #25
Unveiled

Quote:
aight cut the ignorant part. EVERYONE RESPECTS AN E46 M3. look at me ive got a b7 a4 and im on this forum showing mad love to E46s. u got to stop the denial, these cars arent moving like they should be. My theory is that the M6 is the reason, i hope it is anyway. i love this new M5 i just cant believe how few people are buying it, and im startin to believe its the engine. u have to rev it too high for the power to come on, and a E39 M5 is just so torquey and effortless that its a different experience from a E60.

Dude, you need a sedative. It can be said that everybody who is into performance respects the ///M3. Never did I state otherwise. What I stated was that an ///M car appeals to a certain type of person/driver, and the sales of any ///M car pale in comparison to most other BMW models. Comprehend what I am telling you dude. You can spout forth theories until you're blue in the face, but it's just that............your theory. You're basing your theory on what you're seeing in Staten Island (...which is by no means an automotive metropolis). STATEN FUCKING ISLAND!!! I don't know how many ///M5's you're expecting BMW to sell at 90K+ per vehicle, but they aren't going to move like a normal 3/5/7. You can't account for BMW's total ///M5 sales success based on the fact that your local dealer has three vehicles on the lot. Get a grip! Furthermore, your engine theory is a crock of shit as well. Your logic is seriously flawed.

Last edited by Unveiled; 03-24-2006 at 09:29 PM.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:28 PM   #26
tipsyhemi

i need a sedative? lol

Old 03-24-2006, 10:35 PM   #27
tipsyhemi

Ive driven both cars, and i got to agree with most people i prefer the older m5. certain type of driver? im sorry the old m5 was a great looking car, and i think the new one is too. problem is, not everyone agrees. as for the engine? i think its a great one, top 10 ever made, only thing i dont like is that idle noise, sounds worse than my b7. And hey, i wanna point out that i mentioned theres a waiting list on the new m roadster, just stating that. i mentioned the E46 M3 for a few reasons. that is a car that most people like and has an engine that is in the same character as the e60 m5, specifically not an all out torque fest.

dude chill out, its staten island yay but whats wrong with that???? and its not just one dealer thats not moving them, alot in my AREA have stocks. and i heard from 3 dealers that they aint moving fast!!! this is a new model car, i mean **** mustangs are sold to a certain type of driver, and GTs are still sellin hot. do me a favor stop the profanity too, makes u look like a smuck.

Old 03-24-2006, 10:49 PM   #28
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unveiled
That dealer has three ///M5's. Big deal. You make it seem like they have 15 sitting stagnant on their lot.
the m5 isnt pretty OR identifable by the normal passerby- many buyers in that area go for looks and exclusivity - i wouldnt be surprised if sales of the m5 were below expectations.

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 03:57 AM   #29
Unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by reactionsok
the m5 isnt pretty OR identifable by the normal passerby- many buyers in that area go for looks and exclusivity - i wouldnt be surprised if sales of the m5 were below expectations.
No ///M car is bro. I just think the original threadstarter is blowing things out of proportion.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:00 AM   #30
Unveiled

Quote:
certain type of driver?
You still don't get it!

Quote:
alot in my AREA have stocks.
That is exactly my point.

Quote:
i mean **** mustangs are sold to a certain type of driver, and GTs are still sellin hot. do me a favor stop the profanity too, makes u look like a smuck.
So now you're attempting to compare a limited production ///M car to a Mustang? Like I stated earlier, your logic is flawed.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:09 AM   #31
krispykreme

My Ride: 06 M5, 04 E55
Who said M5 isn't selling?

The problem is that BMW sent over tons of M5 to US. Unlike the E39 where supplies were tight until 2002, BMW basically flooded the US market with cars to squash people who want to make a quick buck.

E60 M5 has actually sold quiet well and is well ahead of E39 M5 sales.
krispykreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 11:51 AM   #32
qooldude

My Ride: 328i, M3 & Cayenne S
Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber36
...then you sir, didnt drive it right
Maybe they forgot to push the SPORT button.
qooldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 01:01 PM   #33
Pinoy_Nico

My Ride: cars
Send a message via AIM to Pinoy_Nico
i have no idea whats going on sorry i just had to point out that its "i got beef with the new M5s" alright im done move along now
Pinoy_Nico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 01:04 PM   #34
JRobUSC

My Ride: 2005 X5 4.4i
Send a message via AIM to JRobUSC
last time I checked Staten Island was part of New York, and New York not only gets a lot of snow but has been under blizzard conditions quite often recently. Even if it's not blizzard right now it's still winter.

So, surprise surprise, M5's don't sell like hotcakes in winter climates, and there's a couple on dealer lots. That will change when the weather turns nice and stays that way. How are sales in warmer areas? Oh yeah, they're awesome. As for the speed of the M5, every magazine and test report has shown the car doing 0-60 in 4.1-4.3 seconds. That's pretty freakin' fast. Maybe not quite "Lambo territory", but pretty damn close, and show me a four door, five passenger, $90K Lambo first -- then maybe that comparison will make some sense.
Cold Weather Package
Rear Climate Package
Navigation
Premium Sound
Heated Wheel
Park Distance
Xenons
JRobUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 03:28 PM   #35
mrenn

My Ride: 06' A/W ///m3
Well I know here in Ca they are moving quite well.As a matter of fact,I only have one here on my lot.We have sold everyone that comes in within one weeks time with the exception of the indianapolis red.The car is phenomenal.Maybe that dealer was holding out for "All the money" for a long time,hence now they have more on their lot then expected,and now they are willing to part with a few because the market isnt as strong in that area anymore.
NAWTYM3 AA #115 www.m3club.org
mrenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 04:21 PM   #36
OCswedishM3

My Ride: E63 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinBimmerz
Jeuprx-8 just responded with a very opinionated statement. I for one don't think it's necessarily as fast as people think. It is a very fast car for its size and characteristics, but it's no lambo. (which is obvious to most, I hope)
lambo's are slow...please dont ever call a lambo fast/very fast.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:21 PM   #37
Mteknic330ci

My Ride: Turbo E36 M3, 335i
Send a message via AIM to Mteknic330ci
The only solo BMW dealership in MN has sold almost 20 e60 M5's already... and a few MZ4's...Can't keep either in stock....

SOLD-95' 325i Lightly Modded
Mteknic330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 08:23 PM   #38
OCswedishM3

My Ride: E63 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mteknic330ci
The only solo BMW dealership in MN has sold almost 20 e60 M5's already... and a few MZ4's...Can't keep either in stock....
Thats because you guys in MN are so damn rich you have nothing better to do with your money. Those MZ4's are ugly and kinda slow, i was unimpressed when i was at the dealership yesterday.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:40 PM   #39
tipsyhemi

I tend to believe the idea that the markets been flooded with e60 m5s.

to prove my point

find me a 3 CLS55s at MSRP at a dealership

i cant wait for the flames

Old 03-25-2006, 10:01 PM   #40
BayerischeMW
Man with No Name

My Ride: '07 E92 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeuprx-8
...When you can get a 750i (BMW flagship let me remind you)...
you don't have the 760 in the states?

"if you wanna be king of the ring, this is the kind of car you should get" -M3 CSL
"there's no replacement for displacement" - only BMW ///M
BayerischeMW is offline   Reply With Quote