E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Other BMW Models > General BMW Model Discussion

General BMW Model Discussion
All non E46 BMW model questions in here. Look below for E36, E90 and F30 specific forum. For additional model specific forums check out bimmerfest.com!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2006, 04:51 PM   #1
mrenn

My Ride: 06' A/W ///m3
Mercedes perfected the "active cruise control"

Heres is a video of the new S class with active cruise control.Pretty funny.

http://www.shopautobahn.com/v-hitech.html
NAWTYM3 AA #115 www.m3club.org
mrenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-22-2006, 04:59 PM   #2
bimmer07
Banned

My Ride: //////////M
Send a message via AIM to bimmer07
I remember when that first happened they had a glitch of the metal in the bumper interfeering with the sensors and ****ed it up.
bimmer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:58 PM   #3
mrenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer07
I remember when that first happened they had a glitch of the metal in the bumper interfeering with the sensors and ****ed it up.
LoL.
Old 03-22-2006, 06:30 PM   #4
Danbar99
has a nice car

My Ride: 330xi
ahaha
Old 03-22-2006, 07:22 PM   #5
cowmoo32
drunken science

My Ride: Trek 1.2
I want to say its b/c it was in a tunnel or something like that. I think I remember reading that somewhere

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?
cowmoo32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 10:28 PM   #6
avalys

My Ride: 03 325Ci 5spd SP
The real story is even better. I posted about it once before, let me see if I can find it.

Here we go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalys
I bet none of you know the real story behind this test. Initially, we were told that the system simply failed to work, because of the steel structure of the building it was in, resulting in a crash. And that was it. But the truth is more interesting.

A TV station asked Mercedes to demonstrate their collision avoidance system. They picked this large building to film the demonstration. Mercedes engineers told the TV station that the system would not work in the building, for the reason mentioned above, but the TV producer said he didn't care, he still wanted film of the car "automatically" stopping, even if it had to be rigged. So, instead of the car's active cruise control doing the work, the Mercedes engineer driving the car would simply apply the brakes himself. Pieces of wood were placed on the ground to tell him when he needed to do so, since (as you can see in the video) it was quite foggy.

The problem was, the new S-class's suspension was so well-designed that the engineer didn't notice that he had run over the wood, and thus didn't apply the brakes. Bam.
avalys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 03:22 PM   #7
mrenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalys
The real story is even better. I posted about it once before, let me see if I can find it.

Here we go:
Interesting,thanks for sharing that,I assumed it was from the fog,not the building.Either way,I wouldn't get that option,for one its to expensive even on the 7 series(2200).