E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 4.71 average.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:31 AM   #2161
SL Blak Soldier
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Woodland Hills < SFV < LA < SoCal
Posts: 27,359
My Ride: 3 Pedal SG S54B32
Send a message via AIM to SL Blak Soldier
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3onDubs View Post
I don't think there is a single state in the US where the officer has to show the radar. It's a popular myth, kind of like "you can get the flu from the flu shot"
wait i thought you could get teh flu from the flu shot. isn't the flu shot the flu but a smaller amount so your body could like build up against it? lol.


anyways back ON topic....


so i highly doubt you guys remembering, but i got a ticket for code 22107 (No person shall turn a vehicle from a direct course or move right or left upon a roadway until such movement can be made with reasonable safety and then only after the giving of an appropriate signal in the manner provided in this chapter in the event any other vehicle may be affected by the movement.) a couple of months ago.

so i got the letter in the mail and i found out that they name on my ticket is wrong, my age stated on the ticket is wrong, and the diagram is wrong. i'm pretty sure that isn't grounds enough to get the ticket dismissed( or is it?). i'm planning to also make a defense that i did use my turn signal with appropriate space and stuff like that.

thing is that it will be my first ticket ever, and i was wondering if it is worth trying to fight since it won't go on my record if i just go to traffic school.

any thoughts if it is worth it?
__________________
SL Blak Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:39 PM   #2162
southpaw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Sun Diego
Posts: 15,282
My Ride: E36 M3 and E36 318ti
i have a passport 8500 x50 and it doesnt pick up shiit...its horrible. it only beeps infront of vons and stuff..i havent seen a single cop...wat a waste of 300 bucks....
__________________
-Brandon

239whp/227wtq @2700lbs
southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:03 PM   #2163
who got my keys
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Diego/ Azusa CA
Posts: 62
My Ride: supered 2002 330i
you can get the flu from a flu shot

you can get the disease from any vaccine that is used to vaccinate you from it
who got my keys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:09 PM   #2164
TheCarLessDriven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 13,884
My Ride: 330
Cops are corrupt in the AV. Very corrupt.
__________________
himynameisfrank
flickr

"SGC > than your general chat"
TheCarLessDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:34 PM   #2165
bim323imer
Registered User
 
bim323imer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: OC
Posts: 362
My Ride: slow e46
Hey guys, i just wanted to start off saying thank you to the contributers of this thread...ive been reading this on and off from the beginning and its been extremely informational.

I do have a situation that you may be able to shed some light on. My little brother (16) has had his license for about 5 months now and he recently was cited for a "dangerous maneuver" while have his girlfriend it the car. (Not to smart) So the officier wrote him for both the dangeous manuever as well as breaking the 1 year rule of not driving anyone. My question is what are his odds of getting his license taken away, and if so, for how long. I know its at the digression of the judge, but from your knowledge, what do u think?
__________________
bim323imer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:28 PM   #2166
Da Jemster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: So Cal - Simi Valley
Posts: 663
My Ride: is ///Mpulsive
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Man3421 View Post
Cops are corrupt in the AV. Very corrupt.
Why? What happened?
__________________
...

08 E93 DCT - Stock for now...

04 M3 CB-BLK///SMG II///D/A tuned///AFE Stg 2///SS Stepped///SS Metallic Cat///Eisenmann SS X-pipe///SS Race///4.10 diff///ACS CF Front Lip///6000K Heads & Fogs///CF Grills & Gills///Angel Eyes///Matching Reflectors///Black'd corners, sides & tails///TEIN S

Da Jemster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:47 AM   #2167
OHCM3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 796
My Ride: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bim323imer View Post
Hey guys, i just wanted to start off saying thank you to the contributers of this thread...ive been reading this on and off from the beginning and its been extremely informational.

I do have a situation that you may be able to shed some light on. My little brother (16) has had his license for about 5 months now and he recently was cited for a "dangerous maneuver" while have his girlfriend it the car. (Not to smart) So the officier wrote him for both the dangeous manuever as well as breaking the 1 year rule of not driving anyone. My question is what are his odds of getting his license taken away, and if so, for how long. I know its at the digression of the judge, but from your knowledge, what do u think?
Not sure I've ever heard of "Dangerous Manuever" before...what vehicle code section is noted?? There is a chance he'll lose his provisional license and re-gain it at 18.
__________________
Press hard, three copies

"We never retreat, just attack in a different direction"
OHCM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:50 AM   #2168
OHCM3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 796
My Ride: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL Blak Soldier View Post
so i highly doubt you guys remembering, but i got a ticket for code 22107 (No person shall turn a vehicle from a direct course or move right or left upon a roadway until such movement can be made with reasonable safety and then only after the giving of an appropriate signal in the manner provided in this chapter in the event any other vehicle may be affected by the movement.) a couple of months ago.

so i got the letter in the mail and i found out that they name on my ticket is wrong, my age stated on the ticket is wrong, and the diagram is wrong. i'm pretty sure that isn't grounds enough to get the ticket dismissed( or is it?). i'm planning to also make a defense that i did use my turn signal with appropriate space and stuff like that.

thing is that it will be my first ticket ever, and i was wondering if it is worth trying to fight since it won't go on my record if i just go to traffic school.

any thoughts if it is worth it?
Mistakes like that aren't an automatic dismissal, but you can certainly use that against the officer by pointing out that his skills of observation are poor and that if he had difficulty getting the correct information down on paper, its possible that he did not correctly see any violation. Also, the incorrect diagram helps support that he wasn't observing things accurately since he wasn't even able to translate that correctly into a simple picture. Many judges out there just need a little nugget of doubt or question and they'll dismiss the cite just to keep things balanced (since the vast majority of citations are upheld)
__________________
Press hard, three copies

"We never retreat, just attack in a different direction"
OHCM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:55 AM   #2169
OHCM3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 796
My Ride: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Man3421 View Post
Cops are corrupt in the AV. Very corrupt.
Big wild accusation to throw out there.

I do, of course, need to step to the defense of any AV officers that may appear to do things a little different than other places. The crime, especially violent crime, in AV is above and beyond what goes on anywhere else in the county. Also, the rural nature of that area means that deputies/officers often have to handle violent or potentially violent situations by themselves or with only one back-up unit since they are spread so thin and it can take 15 or 20 minutes for another unit to respond. So, things are done a little differently out there.

Back to the accusation made, so just say an inflamatory statement like that without any first hand information is weak and makes your statement dismissable.
__________________
Press hard, three copies

"We never retreat, just attack in a different direction"
OHCM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:55 AM   #2170
southpaw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Sun Diego
Posts: 15,282
My Ride: E36 M3 and E36 318ti
okay. im 16 and i got my license on my 16th bday..aug 20. and i do illegal stuff...go 90..speed alot..drive my friends..drive dangerously..

so if i get caught..how long can my license get taken away for??

im kinda scared.. i really dont wanna get caught doing these things..ive had my license for about 2 monthes..i dont wanna risk it..

help pleasse...thanks
__________________
-Brandon

239whp/227wtq @2700lbs
southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:46 PM   #2171
Clean_3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 2,414
My Ride: E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw View Post
okay. im 16 and i got my license on my 16th bday..aug 20. and i do illegal stuff...go 90..speed alot..drive my friends..drive dangerously..

so if i get caught..how long can my license get taken away for??

im kinda scared.. i really dont wanna get caught doing these things..ive had my license for about 2 monthes..i dont wanna risk it..

help pleasse...thanks
How about this, DONT SPEED AND DO ILLEGAL STUFF. Then you wont have to worry about getting caught and putting other people's lives in danger.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRzErKaS View Post
You don't know how to spend a half day without your wife?

Try snooping through her things and finding out where she stashed your ballz...
Clean_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 04:29 PM   #2172
mkodama
Registered User
 
mkodama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 33,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw View Post
okay. im 16 and i got my license on my 16th bday..aug 20. and i do illegal stuff...go 90..speed alot..drive my friends..drive dangerously..

so if i get caught..how long can my license get taken away for??

im kinda scared.. i really dont wanna get caught doing these things..ive had my license for about 2 monthes..i dont wanna risk it..

help pleasse...thanks
Here's what you should do:

1. Join BMWCCA and go do some driving safety courses along with some autocross and track events. It's not too expensive. If not, I'm sure there are some local autocross clubs in your area.

2. Think about what you just said.
__________________

mkodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:57 PM   #2173
tdevil
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,334
My Ride: 03 325i
Send a message via AIM to tdevil
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw View Post
i have a passport 8500 x50 and it doesnt pick up shiit...its horrible. it only beeps infront of vons and stuff..i havent seen a single cop...wat a waste of 300 bucks....
yea i'd like to buy myself a cop detector too.

if the cops are not scanning, you wont see it. In la jolla, where theres plenty of rich old people, they are not going to be too concerned about speeding.

On UCSD campus i've seen a few people pulled over at night, last finals days, etc.

I got a ticket once for euro plate and the officer said he thought i was going too fast in a parking lot but atleast it was just a fix it 10$ ticket.
tdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:45 AM   #2174
Da Jemster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: So Cal - Simi Valley
Posts: 663
My Ride: is ///Mpulsive
FROBIE...did you get dispatched to the Fresno pile-up? That was a big mess with 2 fatalities.
__________________
...

08 E93 DCT - Stock for now...

04 M3 CB-BLK///SMG II///D/A tuned///AFE Stg 2///SS Stepped///SS Metallic Cat///Eisenmann SS X-pipe///SS Race///4.10 diff///ACS CF Front Lip///6000K Heads & Fogs///CF Grills & Gills///Angel Eyes///Matching Reflectors///Black'd corners, sides & tails///TEIN S

Da Jemster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:27 PM   #2175
brediv12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: UCSB/Bay Area
Posts: 19,551
My Ride: Pista/e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw View Post
okay. im 16 and i got my license on my 16th bday..aug 20. and i do illegal stuff...go 90..speed alot..drive my friends..drive dangerously..

so if i get caught..how long can my license get taken away for??

im kinda scared.. i really dont wanna get caught doing these things..ive had my license for about 2 monthes..i dont wanna risk it..

help pleasse...thanks
Not worth it man. 2 months after I got my license what I was 16 I got pulled over for going 61 on a 45(16mph over speed limit). Boy was that a big mistake. Here is a list of penalties:

1. License suspended for 2 weeks
2. $350 fine
3. 20 hours of community service
4. Insurence is now 2.5k a year.
__________________
- Lane

EUROPROJEKTZ - NorCal Chapter


brediv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 03:34 PM   #2176
NorCal Einstein
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Posts: 23,369
My Ride: E92 335i
Send a message via AIM to NorCal Einstein Send a message via Yahoo to NorCal Einstein
No wonder your scared to push it!
__________________

Current:
2009 E92 335i Alpine White/Coral Red

Past:
2007 E92 335i Sparkling Graphite/Black
2000 E46 323i Steel Blue/Grey

NorCal Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 04:18 PM   #2177
brediv12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: UCSB/Bay Area
Posts: 19,551
My Ride: Pista/e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Einstein View Post
No wonder your scared to push it!
Yep insurence goes up to 5k next ticket.

When I went 95 yesterday my heart was pumping like crazy.
__________________
- Lane

EUROPROJEKTZ - NorCal Chapter


brediv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:17 PM   #2178
325-Nick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: san jose
Posts: 226
My Ride: 325 ci
ok i got a ticket for going 106 on a 70. what is going to happen and what should i do? their was one other car in the freeway that i flew by and thats when the cop saw me. this was 2 hours away from my home. there was a straight freeway with rarely someone to pass (crops and everything next to it for miles and miles so no houses) as it was very tempting and i ended up making the first regret of my life.
__________________
325-Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:20 PM   #2179
325-Nick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: san jose
Posts: 226
My Ride: 325 ci
^^ oh and also i was very nice with the cop (meaning i didnt do anything disrespectful) and flowed with what i got.
__________________
325-Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 06:34 PM   #2180
southpaw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Sun Diego
Posts: 15,282
My Ride: E36 M3 and E36 318ti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane M-K View Post
Not worth it man. 2 months after I got my license what I was 16 I got pulled over for going 61 on a 45(16mph over speed limit). Boy was that a big mistake. Here is a list of penalties:

1. License suspended for 2 weeks
2. $350 fine
3. 20 hours of community service
4. Insurence is now 2.5k a year.
damn...well how long do i have to wait until i can...well..you know...
__________________
-Brandon

239whp/227wtq @2700lbs
southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cop advice, f&*k tha police, i <3 frobie, lion is delicious, nwa

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use