E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.67 average.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:53 PM   #2181
brediv12

My Ride: Pista/e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw View Post
damn...well how long do i have to wait until i can...well..you know...
18. If you get a ticket when you are under 18 and get another one in the next 3 years, insurence will kill you.

EUROPROJEKTZ - NorCal Chapter

brediv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 06:55 PM   #2182
brediv12

My Ride: Pista/e46
You can never push it the speed you want to go. If you want to, go ahead but be ready for the consequesnces.

EUROPROJEKTZ - NorCal Chapter

brediv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:04 PM   #2183
southpaw

My Ride: E36 M3 and E36 318ti
damn...thank you for your words of wisdom..

and this is why im not buying preformance mods..it not worth it..

239whp/227wtq @2700lbs
southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:22 PM   #2184
Arrows

My Ride: 2000 323i.
Send a message via AIM to Arrows Send a message via MSN to Arrows
Performance mods are worth it, breaking the rules aren't.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:27 PM   #2185
OHCM3

My Ride: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325-Nick View Post
ok i got a ticket for going 106 on a 70. what is going to happen and what should i do? their was one other car in the freeway that i flew by and thats when the cop saw me. this was 2 hours away from my home. there was a straight freeway with rarely someone to pass (crops and everything next to it for miles and miles so no houses) as it was very tempting and i ended up making the first regret of my life.

If he cited you for over 100, there is a CA vehicle code section (22348(b) CVC) to cover such violations...not good!

"We never retreat, just attack in a different direction"
OHCM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:02 PM   #2186
frobie15

My Ride: has a door star
Send a message via AIM to frobie15
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCarLessDriven View Post
Cops are corrupt in the AV. Very corrupt.
I highly doubt it. If you think that they're corrupt, then you need to go to a third world country.

Thank you Sam
frobie15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:05 PM   #2187
frobie15

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw View Post
okay. im 16 and i got my license on my 16th bday..aug 20. and i do illegal stuff...go 90..speed alot..drive my friends..drive dangerously..

so if i get caught..how long can my license get taken away for??

im kinda scared.. i really dont wanna get caught doing these things..ive had my license for about 2 monthes..i dont wanna risk it..

help pleasse...thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean_3 View Post
How about this, DONT SPEED AND DO ILLEGAL STUFF. Then you wont have to worry about getting caught and putting other people's lives in danger.
What he said!

Thank you Sam
Old 11-06-2007, 09:06 PM   #2188
frobie15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Jemster View Post
FROBIE...did you get dispatched to the Fresno pile-up? That was a big mess with 2 fatalities.
Nope, it's out of my area. I actually drove past in (I was southbound -- it happened northbound) my car while I was off work

Thank you Sam
Old 11-06-2007, 09:10 PM   #2189
frobie15

Quote:
ok i got a ticket for going 106 on a 70. what is going to happen and what should i do? their was one other car in the freeway that i flew by and thats when the cop saw me. this was 2 hours away from my home. there was a straight freeway with rarely someone to pass (crops and everything next to it for miles and miles so no houses) as it was very tempting and i ended up making the first regret of my life.
Quote:
^^ oh and also i was very nice with the cop (meaning i didnt do anything disrespectful) and flowed with what i got.
Two hours from San Jose (if you were going south) would put you right around my area. What county were you in? What officer? What court?

You're looking at a minimum $750 fine plus as much as a thirty day suspension on your license. Plus, you'll have to make at least one appearance in front of the judge to enter your plea.

Thank you Sam
Old 11-06-2007, 09:14 PM   #2190
TheCarLessDriven

My Ride: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by frobie15 View Post
I highly doubt it. If you think that they're corrupt, then you need to go to a third world country.
lol, I'm not comparing them to what happens in third world countries. Cops here are involved in tons of money laundering, organized crime deals, business with gangs, etc. half of them don't do shyt there supposed to. I speed by cops all the time doing sometimes 15-20 mph over the speed limit, and they couldn't care less.

"SGC > than your general chat"
TheCarLessDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:17 PM   #2191
frobie15

Quote:
lol, I'm not comparing them to what happens in third world countries. Cops here are involved in tons of money laundering, organized crime deals, business with gangs, etc. half of them don't do shyt there supposed to. I speed by cops all the time doing sometimes 15-20 mph over the speed limit, and they couldn't care less.
You make a lot of blanket statements. I think that you need to watch less movies (or learn how to separate them from real life), or not watch the major news networks so much.

Thank you Sam
Old 11-06-2007, 09:18 PM   #2192
TheCarLessDriven

lol ^^ I know what im talking about, there has been several investigations into it as well. been in the local newspapers, they just never catch the ones doing it. A very close family friend was part of the internal investigations team.

EDIT: And I dont watch major news networks, 90% of the BS on them is fabricated crap.

Last edited by TheCarLessDriven; 11-06-2007 at 09:21 PM.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:21 PM   #2193
frobie15

Quote:
lol ^^ I know what im talking about, there has been several investigations into it as well. been in the local newspapers, they just never catch the ones doing it. A very close family friend was part of the internal investigations team.
Figure it out. You're 19. You are making blanket statements that imply that cops are corrupt and that they're all (you implied all) involved in illegal things. You get your information from someone who deals with nothing but black sheep all day long. I agree that there are some who mess up. But don't make the implications like this in this thread. It's not why it was started.

Thank you Sam
Old 11-06-2007, 09:23 PM   #2194
TheCarLessDriven

when did I imply all?? wtf??

Old 11-06-2007, 09:31 PM   #2195
frobie15

Quote:
Cops are corrupt in the AV. Very corrupt.
Quote:
when did I imply all?? wtf??

Thank you Sam
Old 11-06-2007, 09:37 PM   #2196
TheCarLessDriven

Ok, that was my initial statement a while back. In which I obviously wasn't going into detail. And I most definately was not implying that ALL are corrupt.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:39 PM   #2197
Ferm3

My Ride: 2003 Topaz Blue M3
Just let it go

Officer how do you feel about cameras on roads. I understand that tickets are a way to make money however their has been an increase in wrecks do to their being used. Especially in Great Britain. They are placed in locations to catch people like near bends..but people see them and brake and crash...or what not....

It doesn't seem fair to drivers...i mean if I go ONE MPH over the setting on the camera I get a ticket....traffic is relative and changes...if I have to pass someone due to a mistake they make or what not and go 1 MPH over the speed limit and get a ticket....they probably won't believe my story for accelerating to be safe...[mostly because it seems impossible to people that speed doesn't kill if managed properly in a given situation not to say that it never does only the situation was inappropriate for such a use of speed, thus wreck]..Just seems to make driving that much more complicated...and that in itself is bad.

That is all...

~Ron

Last edited by Ferm3; 11-06-2007 at 09:52 PM.
Ferm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:45 AM   #2198
OHCM3

My Ride: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferm3 View Post
Just let it go

Officer how do you feel about cameras on roads. I understand that tickets are a way to make money however their has been an increase in wrecks do to their being used. Especially in Great Britain. They are placed in locations to catch people like near bends..but people see them and brake and crash...or what not....

~Ron
In CA, we don't yet (at least that I know of) have cameras on roads looking for violations. We certainly have cameras monitoring traffic, but not with the intention of issuing citations. All that we currently have are red light cameras at key intersections. Those red light cameras have led to a very dramatic dip in accidents in each of those intersections, having an effect completely the opposite of what you've noted in Great Britain...

"We never retreat, just attack in a different direction"
OHCM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 06:48 PM   #2199
frobie15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferm3 View Post

It doesn't seem fair to drivers...i mean if I go ONE MPH over the setting on the camera I get a ticket....traffic is relative and changes...if I have to pass someone due to a mistake they make or what not and go 1 MPH over the speed limit and get a ticket....they probably won't believe my story for accelerating to be safe...[mostly because it seems impossible to people that speed doesn't kill if managed properly in a given situation not to say that it never does only the situation was inappropriate for such a use of speed, thus wreck]..Just seems to make driving that much more complicated...and that in itself is bad.
I agree that they take discretion out of the equation. But ultimately if the Maximum Speed is posted, then exceeded, you are breaking the law. The only reason why there aren't tickets handed out normally for people going 1 mph over the limit are because of a lack of man power.

The intention of the cameras isn't to speed up to them and then slam on the brakes...it's to reduce speeding over the entire length of the road. I know that there are speed cameras in Oregon

Thank you Sam
Old 11-07-2007, 10:56 PM   #2200
NorCal Einstein

My Ride: E92 335i
Send a message via AIM to NorCal Einstein Send a message via Yahoo to NorCal Einstein
Quote:
Originally Posted by frobie15 View Post
Two hours from San Jose (if you were going south) would put you right around my area. What county were you in? What officer? What court?

You're looking at a minimum $750 fine plus as much as a thirty day suspension on your license. Plus, you'll have to make at least one appearance in front of the judge to enter your plea.
Mmmm, first post in the Cop Talk Thread!

frobie, I have a friend that was pulled over and ticketed for 115+ in a 70 on 101N around King City.

He should fall right into this punishment category correct?

Current:
2009 E92 335i Alpine White/Coral Red

Past:
2007 E92 335i Sparkling Graphite/Black
2000 E46 323i Steel Blue/Grey

NorCal Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cop advice, f&*k tha police, i <3 frobie, lion is delicious, nwa