E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.73 average.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:40 AM   #3321
OHCM3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 796
My Ride: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
entrance into the academy.

well see how it goes!
Good luck bro, hopefully in a few years you'll be out on patrol working with me!

And yeah, a shaved head is appropriate...and no matter how short it is, the D.I.'s won't think it's short enough. Welcome to 5 months of never doing anything right (no matter how good you are)!
__________________
Press hard, three copies

"We never retreat, just attack in a different direction"
OHCM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:56 AM   #3322
FlasHGordoN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: I made it into the U.S.
Posts: 458
My Ride: a car
Quote:
Originally Posted by frobie15 View Post
The AR-15 is basically a single shot version of the military M-16. .223 Caliber.

The Remington 870 is a 12 ga. shotgun.

The reason for two different guns is this. The shotgun is good for close range. The Rifle is good for longer range. They serve a different purpose, which is why we carry both.
thanks man! appreciate you explaining things here.
__________________
FlasHGordoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:29 PM   #3323
BreakMyWallet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: So Cal
Posts: 9,219
My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCM3 View Post
Good luck bro, hopefully in a few years you'll be out on patrol working with me!

And yeah, a shaved head is appropriate...and no matter how short it is, the D.I.'s won't think it's short enough. Welcome to 5 months of never doing anything right (no matter how good you are)!
thanks man!


and


gotta start somewhere i guess!
__________________
BreakMyWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #3324
Dam Its Johnny
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 29
My Ride: Black E46-SOLD
Quick question for frobie or any of the other officers.

Would I ever have any problems when I got pulled over by having the registration in my name has the owner and the car insurance in my mothers name?
Dam Its Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:37 PM   #3325
OHCM3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 796
My Ride: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam Its Johnny View Post
Quick question for frobie or any of the other officers.

Would I ever have any problems when I got pulled over by having the registration in my name has the owner and the car insurance in my mothers name?

As long as the proof of insurance card either lists you as the policy holder -or- the vehicle in question as the insured vehicle, you're fine. Frankly, as long as I have a valid insurance card in hand, I'm satisfied...
__________________
Press hard, three copies

"We never retreat, just attack in a different direction"
OHCM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:31 PM   #3326
Dam Its Johnny
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 29
My Ride: Black E46-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCM3 View Post
As long as the proof of insurance card either lists you as the policy holder -or- the vehicle in question as the insured vehicle, you're fine. Frankly, as long as I have a valid insurance card in hand, I'm satisfied...
Ok cool thanks for the help. I'm buying a new car this weekend, and when I checked the insurance rates as me being the owner under my mother's insurance it came out as the same price.

Being only 20
Dam Its Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:43 AM   #3327
bimmerboi43
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: nor cal
Posts: 225
My Ride: 2000 bmw 323i
If i do a trial by written declaration (tbd) and if i were to lose, i request a trial de novo. When i face the judge, would the fact that i did a tbd be acknowledged to him and would i lose the right to traffic school? Thanks.
bimmerboi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:20 AM   #3328
andryxa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: nor-cal
Posts: 149
My Ride: 2002 m3 vert- Sold
i got pulled and got a ticket for unsafe turn and a ticket for driving after 11 on provision license. what are the consequences for driving after 11? and how much will the ticket be fore unsafe turn?
andryxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:12 PM   #3329
frobie15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fres-YES, CA
Posts: 3,745
My Ride: has a door star
Send a message via AIM to frobie15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerboi43 View Post
If i do a trial by written declaration (tbd) and if i were to lose, i request a trial de novo. When i face the judge, would the fact that i did a tbd be acknowledged to him and would i lose the right to traffic school? Thanks.
Most likely not. The reason why you can request the trial even after losing the TBD is because you never had a chance to cross examine to states/counties/cities witness.
__________________
Go ahead, ask me a question... Check out the CopTalk thread in the California forum

Thank you Sam
frobie15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:13 PM   #3330
frobie15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fres-YES, CA
Posts: 3,745
My Ride: has a door star
Send a message via AIM to frobie15
Quote:
Originally Posted by andryxa View Post
i got pulled and got a ticket for unsafe turn and a ticket for driving after 11 on provision license. what are the consequences for driving after 11? and how much will the ticket be fore unsafe turn?
Contact the court. There should be a bail schedule (with all of the fines) available on line. Do a quick google search for the county that the violation occurred in. Unless someone local to you already has that info.
__________________
Go ahead, ask me a question... Check out the CopTalk thread in the California forum

Thank you Sam
frobie15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:00 PM   #3331
bimmerboi43
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: nor cal
Posts: 225
My Ride: 2000 bmw 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by frobie15 View Post
Most likely not. The reason why you can request the trial even after losing the TBD is because you never had a chance to cross examine to states/counties/cities witness.

If i lose a tbd and just accept it, i would still be able to request traffic school? Would i have to write a separate letter or speak to the clerk? Thanks.
bimmerboi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:10 PM   #3332
goofy10
Registered User
 
goofy10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: So Cal
Posts: 22,815
My Ride: 1
ok So my first ticket got dismissed because the cop didn't show up. yay!

I got another ticket in October that I extended. My due date for the bail amount was January 20th, I went and paid it.. and I asked to be scheduled for court. I wrote the check for $272 and my court date is May 13 at 8:30 at the Glendale Courthouse. I received the ticket in Glendale.. I currently live in Glendale. However, I will be moving to Newport Beach on January 21st, which is in a little over a week. If I go to court and tell them I don't live in Glendale anymore, I don't have a car, and the only way I can go to court is if they change it to Newport Beach Courthouse, can they relocate? I've heard from many people that is possible, but I just wanna get a clear answer from you guys. There is NO way he is gonna drive an hour and a half for 1 court date. I've heard people have done this and the case got dismissed.. but I wanna make sure I can do that before I waste my time. Thanks.
goofy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:16 PM   #3333
BreakMyWallet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: So Cal
Posts: 9,219
My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
passed the exam and oral interview! start background on the 22
__________________
BreakMyWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:27 AM   #3334
frobie15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fres-YES, CA
Posts: 3,745
My Ride: has a door star
Send a message via AIM to frobie15
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy10 View Post
ok So my first ticket got dismissed because the cop didn't show up. yay!

I got another ticket in October that I extended. My due date for the bail amount was January 20th, I went and paid it.. and I asked to be scheduled for court. I wrote the check for $272 and my court date is May 13 at 8:30 at the Glendale Courthouse. I received the ticket in Glendale.. I currently live in Glendale. However, I will be moving to Newport Beach on January 21st, which is in a little over a week. If I go to court and tell them I don't live in Glendale anymore, I don't have a car, and the only way I can go to court is if they change it to Newport Beach Courthouse, can they relocate? I've heard from many people that is possible, but I just wanna get a clear answer from you guys. There is NO way he is gonna drive an hour and a half for 1 court date. I've heard people have done this and the case got dismissed.. but I wanna make sure I can do that before I waste my time. Thanks.
You're asking to have the court location transferred to a different county. That's not allowed. You could, however, try to have it transferred to the Long Beach court. Since that's the closest LA County court to your new home. But, whether or not that's allowed is entirely up to the court.
__________________
Go ahead, ask me a question... Check out the CopTalk thread in the California forum

Thank you Sam
frobie15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:27 AM   #3335
frobie15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fres-YES, CA
Posts: 3,745
My Ride: has a door star
Send a message via AIM to frobie15
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
passed the exam and oral interview! start background on the 22
Congrats! Just remember to be honest and open about EVERYTHING!
__________________
Go ahead, ask me a question... Check out the CopTalk thread in the California forum

Thank you Sam
frobie15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:29 AM   #3336
frobie15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fres-YES, CA
Posts: 3,745
My Ride: has a door star
Send a message via AIM to frobie15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerboi43 View Post
If i lose a tbd and just accept it, i would still be able to request traffic school? Would i have to write a separate letter or speak to the clerk? Thanks.
You should be able to. But ask the court clerk how to do it. I believe in the letter you receive telling you that you were found guilty, there are instructions on filing for a court date, requesting traffic school, etc.
__________________
Go ahead, ask me a question... Check out the CopTalk thread in the California forum

Thank you Sam
frobie15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:33 AM   #3337
bimmerboi43
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: nor cal
Posts: 225
My Ride: 2000 bmw 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by frobie15 View Post
You should be able to. But ask the court clerk how to do it. I believe in the letter you receive telling you that you were found guilty, there are instructions on filing for a court date, requesting traffic school, etc.
Thanks alot frobie.
bimmerboi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:23 PM   #3338
330iRIDER
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Santa Monica
Posts: 4
My Ride: 2001 300i
Hey Frobie15 here is my question...

lets say i am driving on the freeway and i see 1 or 2 CHP pulled over giving a ticket or on an accident or whatever... how many miles of freeway ahead of me can i drive over 65 mph before i will run into another CHP?

Couple of years ago my friend crashed his car on our way back from Vegas and 2 CHP officers stayed with us till the tow truck came. One CHP said "man see all these cars passing us, they can do whatever speed for the next 50 or so miles cuz we are the only CHP on this road.


thanks
330iRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:11 AM   #3339
Nico3k
The R1 makes it fun
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,453
My Ride: Yamaha R1 + 325i
I have:
-#1 Unsafe lane change
-#2 Speeding over 65mph
-#3 Speeding over 100mph
all 3 are DIFFERENT tickets from the same week (got my 135i w/ tune). Traffic school was done over 18months ago.

Question: I can pay traffic school for #1 & #2, but DMV will only count one I think. Can I post bail on #2 and pay traffic school on #1 since it's cheaper?
__________________
Nico3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:22 PM   #3340
BMW_Matt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,066
My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico3k View Post
I have:
-#1 Unsafe lane change
-#2 Speeding over 65mph
-#3 Speeding over 100mph
all 3 are DIFFERENT tickets from the same week (got my 135i w/ tune). Traffic school was done over 18months ago.

Question: I can pay traffic school for #1 & #2, but DMV will only count one I think. Can I post bail on #2 and pay traffic school on #1 since it's cheaper?
How fast WERE you going???!!!
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cop advice, f&*k tha police, i <3 frobie, lion is delicious, nwa

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use