E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.67 average.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:32 PM   #1001
frobie15

My Ride: has a door star
Send a message via AIM to frobie15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigali88 View Post
Sorry about this but one last question. On my ticket it says that I have untill january to fix the citations. Does that mean that no other officer can give me a ticket for my exhaust untill january. So if I get pulled over again can I just show them my ticket, proving that I have already been cited for these infractions and have untill january to fix them?
Technically, you could still get a ticket. You're supposed to drive your car only as much as necessary to fix the violation. However, you're most likely not going to get a second ticket.

I've written a ticket to someone for no front plate and tinted windows even though they already had a ticket for it. It was three days before the court date and still not fixed. I figured he had the tint and no front plate just to look cool, and he had a horrid attitude when I stopped him, acting like I was an inconvieniece to him. So I wrote him a ticket.....

Thank you Sam
frobie15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 02:33 PM   #1002
Arnee

My Ride: 750i, C4S, ML430
Quote:
Originally Posted by frobie15 View Post
Well, you can't always drive how you like, right? Sometimes you're forced into driving where you don't want to.
Hence the reason why I ask about the stricter enforcements on big rigs...

Quote:
July of 2008 you have to use a hands free set. I'm not really sure what this is going to solve, but it's a start.
I'm somewhat skeptical myself but I agree..it's a start. What will help is the overall discipline of drivers on the road and common courtesy that has been lost throughout the years.

Oh well...
Old 11-24-2006, 02:34 PM   #1003
bigali88

My Ride: peforMance car
Quote:
Technically, you could still get a ticket. You're supposed to drive your car only as much as necessary to fix the violation. However, you're most likely not going to get a second ticket.

I've written a ticket to someone for no front plate and tinted windows even though they already had a ticket for it. It was three days before the court date and still not fixed. I figured he had the tint and no front plate just to look cool, and he had a horrid attitude when I stopped him, acting like I was an inconvieniece to him. So I wrote him a ticket.....
Thanks for the help.

Im the king Biatchess!!!
bigali88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 02:42 PM   #1004
frobie15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnee View Post
Hence the reason why I ask about the stricter enforcements on big rigs...
We do what we can, but they have CB radios so that they al traighten up and drive right whenever we get around them...

Quote:
I'm somewhat skeptical myself but I agree..it's a start. What will help is the overall discipline of drivers on the road and common courtesy that has been lost throughout the years.
I agree. As soon as people will slow down to enjoy the trip rather than hurrying to get to the destination, the roads will be far, far better. Safer, too!!

Thank you Sam
Old 11-24-2006, 03:41 PM   #1005
iiilgsrlll

My Ride: C55 ////AMG
Send a message via AIM to iiilgsrlll
Quote:
There ARE some of us who carry a tape measure in our patrol cars for certain reasons
I thought it was for you guys to measure who has the bigger.... oooooooh nevermind!

'05 Mercedes C55 AMG
Car: Alabaster White | Black Leather w/Birdseye Maple Trim | Lighting Package | NAV | Steel Carter Plate (Option 481)
Mods: KW V2 Coilovers | 19x8.5F/19x9.5R BBS LM | Toyo T1R Tires (235/35/19F 265/30/19R) | Euroteck CF Front Lip | Evosport Sidemarkers | Flat Hood Emblem

www.mymbonline.com
www.ling-ly.com
iiilgsrlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 03:47 PM   #1006
Arnee

My Ride: 750i, C4S, ML430
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiilgsrlll View Post
I thought it was for you guys to measure who has the bigger.... oooooooh nevermind!
Old 11-25-2006, 02:31 AM   #1007
frobie15

Quote:
What???

I know that my ticket book is big... Oh wait.... I get it......

Thank you Sam
Old 11-27-2006, 10:38 PM   #1008
cvaline01

My Ride: 2001 330ci
so what is the penalty if a fix it ticket (ex. tint) is not fixed by the date on the ticket?? What would happen if they got pulled over and what happens if you get it fixed but signed off after the date on the ticket? sorry if asked already...thanks
cvaline01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 11:54 PM   #1009
greendemon

My Ride: 01 325ci
okay, so i had a run in with a long beach police officer who accused me of not stoping at a red light while driving my rice rocket. he tried to make me say yes i did it and to say sorry. well i didnt run the red light and didnt want to loose my dignity so i argued with him. he finally gave up with the redlight bs and walked around my car. he saw no front license plate and one brake light out. he gave me a ticket for those and i thought it was a fix-it-ticket but i got the bill for close to 300 buck! i know u mentioned that u dont know what happens after you submit the ticket but my question is why are those two citation so much? could he have later altered my ticket for something else?
greendemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 09:14 AM   #1010
OHCM3

My Ride: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by greendemon View Post
okay, so i had a run in with a long beach police officer who accused me of not stoping at a red light while driving my rice rocket. he tried to make me say yes i did it and to say sorry. well i didnt run the red light and didnt want to loose my dignity so i argued with him. he finally gave up with the redlight bs and walked around my car. he saw no front license plate and one brake light out. he gave me a ticket for those and i thought it was a fix-it-ticket but i got the bill for close to 300 buck! i know u mentioned that u dont know what happens after you submit the ticket but my question is why are those two citation so much? could he have later altered my ticket for something else?
That seems odd. Did he mark the "Correctable" box next to the two violations? Which two vehicle code sections did he note on the citation?

If he did amend the cite, you would have been notified via mail. You can always call the court to confirm, and the notice you received in the mail often will note the vehicle section(s) you were cited for, so it may give you some insight as well.

"We never retreat, just attack in a different direction"
OHCM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 09:18 AM   #1011
OHCM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvaline01 View Post
so what is the penalty if a fix it ticket (ex. tint) is not fixed by the date on the ticket?? What would happen if they got pulled over and what happens if you get it fixed but signed off after the date on the ticket? sorry if asked already...thanks
The date on your fix-it ticket is sort of like the promise to appear date on a moving cite. Essentially, you have to that date to take care of the citation, or it will be considered delinquent and the regular processes will take place. For instance, there is a chance that an uncleared fix-it ticket would prevent you from renewing your registration. In extreme cases, although I've never seen it for a fix-it ticket, I assume it could go to warrant.

Old 11-28-2006, 05:50 PM   #1012
iiilgsrlll

Quote:
he gave me a ticket for those and i thought it was a fix-it-ticket but i got the bill for close to 300 buck! i know u mentioned that u dont know what happens after you submit the ticket but my question is why are those two citation so much? could he have later altered my ticket for something else?
Like OHCM3 said, is the CORRECTABLE box checked?

From previous experience, the letter usually includes the BAIL AMOUNT which is the high dollar amount you're referring to. There should also be a section where it says you could correct the violation and pay $10. That's assuming it is a correctable violation.

'05 Mercedes C55 AMG
Car: Alabaster White | Black Leather w/Birdseye Maple Trim | Lighting Package | NAV | Steel Carter Plate (Option 481)
Mods: KW V2 Coilovers | 19x8.5F/19x9.5R BBS LM | Toyo T1R Tires (235/35/19F 265/30/19R) | Euroteck CF Front Lip | Evosport Sidemarkers | Flat Hood Emblem

www.mymbonline.com
www.ling-ly.com
Old 11-29-2006, 11:32 AM   #1013
frobie15

Quote:
I'm not a big fan of LBPD. When I lived down there, I had a small run in with them when I was on my way to work. Long story short, the Officer never showed in court (I would've made him look really, really bad if he would've).

I'm going to guess that he made both of them NON-correctable. Get them fixed and signed off anyway. Then just take in a copy of your driving record to the court and explain to them how you've never received a citation for those violations in the past. And, you feel that the punishment does not fit the crime.

Where'd the stop happen, and what officer was it?
Old 11-29-2006, 11:35 AM   #1014
frobie15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvaline01 View Post
A friend of mine had a tint ticket that she ended up getting a Failure to Appear on. It was signed off before the date, and she tried to show it to the court, but the court (Inglewood) never had the citation in the system until she got a notice that she failed to appear. This is probably worst case scenario, though.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:36 AM   #1015
frobie15

Quote:
Like OHCM3 said, is the CORRECTABLE box checked?

From previous experience, the letter usually includes the BAIL AMOUNT which is the high dollar amount you're referring to. There should also be a section where it says you could correct the violation and pay $10. That's assuming it is a correctable violation.
You're the fix-it ticket guru, just lke Speeder is the moving violation guru

Thanks for the help!!!
Old 11-29-2006, 12:59 PM   #1016
iiilgsrlll

Quote:
You're the fix-it ticket guru, just lke Speeder is the moving violation guru

Thanks for the help!!!
LOL! I have SDPD to thank for that one.

'05 Mercedes C55 AMG

www.mymbonline.com
www.ling-ly.com
Old 11-29-2006, 01:51 PM   #1017
frobie15

Quote:
LOL! I have SDPD to thank for that one.
Like Speeder, you've learned from personal experience
Old 11-29-2006, 07:59 PM   #1018
ThatOneGuy

My Ride: 2006 M3 ZCP MT6
Frobie, what's up with the new "undetectable" laser/radar system you guys are using now?
Old 11-30-2006, 09:30 AM   #1019
OHCM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
Frobie, what's up with the new "undetectable" laser/radar system you guys are using now?

Are you referring to LIDAR? LIDAR is not undetectable, but like most systems out there, the officers are proficient enough that you only have to pulse the device for a second or so to catch the car you are targeting...

Frobie...do you guys have anything else up your sleeve that I don't know about?

Old 11-30-2006, 03:48 PM   #1020
ThatOneGuy

My Ride: 2006 M3 ZCP MT6
I read about it here: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=643075

Tags
cop advice, f&*k tha police, i <3 frobie, lion is delicious, nwa