E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 4.71 average.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:37 PM   #1141
D0n Raja

My Ride: 330ci 04
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
"near-sighted" or "far-sighted".
thanks, think you can proofread my essay for me too? im sure ill have one this semester
D0n Raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 07:12 PM   #1142
Dcha

My Ride: Mkodama's sister
Send a message via AIM to Dcha
Quote:
Originally Posted by frobie15 View Post
I usually will go for the front car, the Pace Car, so to speak. That is, of course, if I don't try and stop them all. There have been quite a few times where I've let groups (five or more) go by the other direction at 85-90 just because I don't want to deal with it. But there are other times that I turn on the whole group. Like OHC said, it depends on the totallity of the circumstance (that a big phrase!!).

how exactly do u stop an entire group of cars?
Old 01-13-2007, 07:50 PM   #1143
Drunk_Bird

My Ride: 06 M3 ZCP
Ok would you be more biased to a kid like myself who has a brand new expensive car and a radar detector i think you mentioned something about the radardetector

Also whats the penalty for driving past a 11pm-5am or having a passenger in your car before the age of 17(im 16)

Oh lastly if i get pulled over for speeding with a passenger would it be likely that i get in trouble for the passenger too.

thanx
Drunk_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:29 PM   #1144
Rocksteady85

My Ride: Is Weak Sauce
Send a message via AIM to Rocksteady85 Send a message via Yahoo to Rocksteady85
I was wondering... Would I get a ticket if I had my Angel Eyes(White), fog lights, and parking lights on (at night), and no headlights? My Angel Eyes are pretty bright. Thanks
Rocksteady85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 09:00 PM   #1145
BearMW

My Ride: makes my ears bleed
Not to sound like a criminal or planning to do something illegal, but are pepper spray and baton/extendable batons legal to be carried and placed in the car?

Can I have a baseball bat in the trunk of my car without a baseball glove and balls?

(My government class had a long discussion about this and I want to help my government teacher figure it out)

-Thanks

-Thanks SL Blak Soldier for the sig.
BearMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 09:08 PM   #1146
---zxcvbnm---

My Ride: 1999 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBear View Post
Not to sound like a criminal or planning to do something illegal, but are pepper spray and baton/extendable batons legal to be carried and placed in the car?

Can I have a baseball bat in the trunk of my car without a baseball glove and balls?

(My government class had a long discussion about this and I want to help my government teacher figure it out)

-Thanks
Too add to this, what about having a "brass" paper weight in my car to hold papers down when the wind is blowing through my hair? Jk are brass knuckles
illegel in california?
---zxcvbnm--- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:18 PM   #1147
ThatOneGuy

My Ride: 2006 M3 ZCP MT6
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0n Raja View Post
thanks, think you can proofread my essay for me too? im sure ill have one this semester
I'd be happy to, 'cause brother you need it.

Now, back to Cop Talk.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:52 PM   #1148
r3v1ls

My Ride: '01 325i
Hey Frobie, I just stumbled upon this thread and got through the first 10 pages. Definitelly one of the greatest threads on here!

I drive on the 405 a lot between Los Angeles and Orange County. I usually stick in the fast lane and cruise with the rest of traffic. Speeds vary from 70-80mph. But there is always someone in the fast lane going 65-70mph, much slower than the rest of the traffic. I usually pass them using the lane to the right and my passing speed goes up to 80-90mph depending on how much room there is.
I have never received a speeding ticket, or any traffic violation now that I think about it. But I always wonder if I could get a ticket for a quick burst of speed. I always use my turn signals and do it in a safe situation.

Oh and one more thing, what would you do if you pulled an e46 over and noticed an e46fanatics sticker somewhere? Of course it depends on the situation but I've been wondering. Also sorry if these questions have been asked before but with 50+ pages of questions it's a little bit difficult to find everything (thought I'm still working on it). Thanks again.
r3v1ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 11:57 PM   #1149
Speeder

My Ride: '04 325i - '08 C300
Quote:
Originally Posted by frobie15 View Post
I love it! you're post is set up like a letter to Ann Landers or something!! I'll try my best to keep this theme going.

Dear Terrified,

I know that you realize that your mistake was just that, a mistake. And, with that said, I know that you know the error of your ways. You'll know the error even more so after you get the fine. I would suggest that you throw yourself at the mercy of the court when you go (You will be required to go to court at least once). If you come away with the ability to drive at all, then you should consider yourself lucky. Please, let us know how it turns out.

Joel

Give the guy a break, Frobie... He's gonna get his day in court. Must he suffer your wrath in here too? That was funny though...

(man, I haven't been here in ages... How are you guys doing on estimating fine amounts? Let me know if you guys get stuck... )
Speeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 09:01 AM   #1150
OHCM3

My Ride: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0n Raja View Post
so i was using my ID at a club in SJ and the guy asked me if i was near sided or far sided...i jsut made one up (*cuz i have glasses in the ID). Is there any way to know if ur far sided or near sided on the ID? I had contacts when i was at the club.
ID does not note that...when we run you it just shows restriction, must wear glasses (either while driving, or at night, etc)

"We never retreat, just attack in a different direction"
OHCM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 09:01 AM   #1151
OHCM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpegripper View Post
hey frobie,

i was told that the C.V.C. was changed to say that tint on front windows is now a moving violation, is this true?

Nope, still an equipment violation

Old 01-15-2007, 09:04 AM   #1152
OHCM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00'323i View Post
how exactly do u stop an entire group of cars?
Depends on the situation...on a small road, you can charge ahead of them and block off the road. If you have multiple units, you will usually block their path while maintaining one car on the side and one in the rear... Otherwise, its a matter of making contact w/ each car by driving alongside of them and pointing, shining a spotlight, or telling them on the P.A. to pull over. If you try to get a couple of cars at once, often the car in the rear will bust a u-turn on you, but surprisingly most of the time, you can get two cars over at once...

Old 01-15-2007, 09:06 AM   #1153
OHCM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Bird View Post
Ok would you be more biased to a kid like myself who has a brand new expensive car and a radar detector i think you mentioned something about the radardetector

Also whats the penalty for driving past a 11pm-5am or having a passenger in your car before the age of 17(im 16)

Oh lastly if i get pulled over for speeding with a passenger would it be likely that i get in trouble for the passenger too.

thanx
I am only biased against you if you are driving like an idiot. The fact your car is expensive or you have a radar detector is of little consequence. I have an expensive car too

Not sure about the 2nd question...I think it may end up in a suspended license until age 18

If you are being an a-hole, or if the cop is pissed at you or is being an a-hole, probably

Old 01-15-2007, 09:07 AM   #1154
OHCM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocksteady85 View Post
I was wondering... Would I get a ticket if I had my Angel Eyes(White), fog lights, and parking lights on (at night), and no headlights? My Angel Eyes are pretty bright. Thanks
Yes, you would...factory headlights must be on during darkness. It is a moving violation to have them off...

Old 01-15-2007, 09:09 AM   #1155
OHCM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBear View Post

-Thanks
Pepper spray is ok as long as it is not law enforcement only type.

Batons are illegal and are a felony.

If you have a baseball bat "for protection" it is illegal and is a felony

both of those weapons fall under 12020 of the penal code section for prohibited weapons.

Old 01-15-2007, 09:10 AM   #1156
OHCM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ---zxcvbnm--- View Post
Too add to this, what about having a "brass" paper weight in my car to hold papers down when the wind is blowing through my hair? Jk are brass knuckles
illegel in california?
Yes, felony, 12020 P.C.

Old 01-15-2007, 09:12 AM   #1157
OHCM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3v1ls View Post
Hey Frobie, I just stumbled upon this thread and got through the first 10 pages. Definitelly one of the greatest threads on here!

I drive on the 405 a lot between Los Angeles and Orange County. I usually stick in the fast lane and cruise with the rest of traffic. Speeds vary from 70-80mph. But there is always someone in the fast lane going 65-70mph, much slower than the rest of the traffic. I usually pass them using the lane to the right and my passing speed goes up to 80-90mph depending on how much room there is.
I have never received a speeding ticket, or any traffic violation now that I think about it. But I always wonder if I could get a ticket for a quick burst of speed. I always use my turn signals and do it in a safe situation.

Oh and one more thing, what would you do if you pulled an e46 over and noticed an e46fanatics sticker somewhere? Of course it depends on the situation but I've been wondering. Also sorry if these questions have been asked before but with 50+ pages of questions it's a little bit difficult to find everything (thought I'm still working on it). Thanks again.
Yes, you can get a ticket anytime you exceed the posted speed limit on the freeway. If someone is going the speed limit (65-70 as you indicated), it is illegal to speed up to pass them as they are going the correct speed.

E46s may get love from me...all depends on attitude

Old 01-15-2007, 10:05 PM   #1158
Speeder

My Ride: '04 325i - '08 C300
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpegripper View Post
hey frobie,

i was told that the C.V.C. was changed to say that tint on front windows is now a moving violation, is this true?
Some CHP officers will write it up and leave the "Correctable" box unchecked. So when you get the correction and go to pay your $10 to file it, the clerk is unable to accept the correction and must charge the full fine.

If you ask to see the judge they'll give you an extension, (you may have to post bail but chances are you'll get it back) ... the judge will ammend it and send you back to the clerk or if youve posted bail he'll order that it be refunded minus the $10 fee.

When it happened to me the Judge (Santa Clarita Court) actually dismissed it.
Speeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 12:26 AM   #1159
Rocksteady85

My Ride: Is Weak Sauce
Send a message via AIM to Rocksteady85 Send a message via Yahoo to Rocksteady85
Quote:
Well... Anyone....
Rocksteady85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 01:27 AM   #1160
goofy10

My Ride: 1
Quote:
Well... Anyone....

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCM3 View Post
Yes, you would...factory headlights must be on during darkness. It is a moving violation to have them off...
goofy10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cop advice, f&*k tha police, i <3 frobie, lion is delicious, nwa