E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 4.71 average.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:42 AM   #1901
sakman74
Banned

My Ride: M3 Coupe
my brother's got an R32, with the flapper valve disabled, sounds obnoxiously loud. and this is a factory exhaust system.

never got pulled over for it tho...
sakman74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 06:37 AM   #1902
bimmerboi43

My Ride: 2000 bmw 323i
what happened to this thing....?
bimmerboi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 08:34 AM   #1903
Da Jemster

My Ride: is ///Mpulsive
everyone became law-abiding drivers ???

08 E93 DCT - Stock for now...

04 M3 CB-BLK///SMG II///D/A tuned///AFE Stg 2///SS Stepped///SS Metallic Cat///Eisenmann SS X-pipe///SS Race///4.10 diff///ACS CF Front Lip///6000K Heads & Fogs///CF Grills & Gills///Angel Eyes///Matching Reflectors///Black'd corners, sides & tails///TEIN S

Da Jemster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 04:57 PM   #1904
bimmerboi43

My Ride: 2000 bmw 323i
since there aren't any more traffic questions.... a really general question. what happens if you get caught with a fake id at a club? it was an 18+ the bouncer was tripping me out at first like, you could pick this up at the police department tomorrow ... blah blah.... but in the end he was cool with it and just let me in and laughed it off. what could of happened though worst case scenario?
bimmerboi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:10 AM   #1905
3onDubs

My Ride: no
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerboi43 View Post
since there aren't any more traffic questions.... a really general question. what happens if you get caught with a fake id at a club? it was an 18+ the bouncer was tripping me out at first like, you could pick this up at the police department tomorrow ... blah blah.... but in the end he was cool with it and just let me in and laughed it off. what could of happened though worst case scenario?
Using someone else's ID is a federal offense. Worst case scenario (no lawyer, no plea bargain) = felony.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:00 AM   #1906
OHCM3

My Ride: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3onDubs View Post
Using someone else's ID is a federal offense. Worst case scenario (no lawyer, no plea bargain) = felony.

Not sure that would go to a federal level unless maybe it was a passport. Depending on if the identification was for a real or fictional person, you could be charged with possessing fradulant documents or perhaps something the CA penal code calls personation. As 3onDubs mentioned, potential felony situation. Reality is that it happens everyday, and if you were just looking to get into a club, charges likely wouldn't be too bad...

"We never retreat, just attack in a different direction"
OHCM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:31 AM   #1907
Black107

My Ride: 2002 M3
Quote:
My roommate got confronted by an officer on the street in our uni's neighborhood because he was walking around drunk with a red cup in his hand (bad idea at 1am). Anyway, the officer just asked him to pour it out but since my roommie was drunk, he kind of tossed it so the officer asked for his id. My roommates brother looks identical to him but is 2 years older (this went down when my roommate was 19 and his brother was 21), and has an extra one of his brothers ids. Well he accidentally pulled his brothers id out and gave it to the officer, and he had to go to court and go through all this bs, 40hrs of community service.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:05 PM   #1908
frobie15

My Ride: has a door star
Send a message via AIM to frobie15
Quote:
If it's a California ID (in which case I know for a fact that it's fake) I'll confiscate it and write you a ticket for it. A bouncer has no peace officer powers (unless, of course they're an off-duty cop) and would confiscate it at most.

Thank you Sam
frobie15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:06 PM   #1909
frobie15

Quote:
what happened to this thing....?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Jemster View Post
everyone became law-abiding drivers ???
Every so often if dies down in here. I guess its the ebb and flow of a long lasting thread?

Thank you Sam
Old 07-23-2007, 02:09 PM   #1910
frobie15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
My roommate got confronted by an officer on the street in our uni's neighborhood because he was walking around drunk with a red cup in his hand (bad idea at 1am). Anyway, the officer just asked him to pour it out but since my roommie was drunk, he kind of tossed it so the officer asked for his id. My roommates brother looks identical to him but is 2 years older (this went down when my roommate was 19 and his brother was 21), and has an extra one of his brothers ids. Well he accidentally pulled his brothers id out and gave it to the officer, and he had to go to court and go through all this bs, 40hrs of community service.
That would be the "personation" that OHC was talking about. If you present ID that is actually someone else (including giving and officer a name and date of birth that belongs to someone else) you can get nailed with a felony. Your roomie may have had it plead down to a misdemeanor if it was his first/only major offense.

Thank you Sam
Old 07-24-2007, 11:07 PM   #1911
jehsunk

My Ride: M3 vert
i recently just got a speeding ticket and i was wondering how i can receive or arrange a plea bargain. one more question i'm concerned of is, i got pulled over on 2 separate occasions. 1 by CHP and one by a regular police officer and received a fix-it ticket, both regarding my tinted windows. i was wondering how much the fine would be for not fixing the tinted windows and paying the fine at court and also would i be able to clear both these tickets without paying twice for it if the windows were fixed?
jehsunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:11 AM   #1912
OHCM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jehsunk View Post
i recently just got a speeding ticket and i was wondering how i can receive or arrange a plea bargain. one more question i'm concerned of is, i got pulled over on 2 separate occasions. 1 by CHP and one by a regular police officer and received a fix-it ticket, both regarding my tinted windows. i was wondering how much the fine would be for not fixing the tinted windows and paying the fine at court and also would i be able to clear both these tickets without paying twice for it if the windows were fixed?
Regarding the speeding ticket, there is no plea bargaining an infraction. Either you're guilty or your not, thats it.

As for the tint tickets, assuming both are showing correctable on the citation, get it fixed, have them both signed off, and you'll be responsible for paying the court a $10 admin fee for each.

Old 07-25-2007, 09:16 AM   #1913
3onDubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jehsunk View Post
If you don't get it fixed (take your tint off, get it signed, pay $10), you will eventually get a warrant for not taking care of the ticket by the specified time. This will require you to go to court and stand before a judge, who will then tell you to pay a specified amount and the case will be dropped. I'm not sure how much this will be for tinted windows (no cheaper than $150) and you will waste your whole day in court. It would be the same thing if you just take the tint off and put it back on later (probably end up paying less and wasting less time actually....not to mention, you wont have a warrant out for your arrest).
Old 07-25-2007, 10:36 AM   #1914
OHCM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3onDubs View Post
If you don't get it fixed (take your tint off, get it signed, pay $10), you will eventually get a warrant for not taking care of the ticket by the specified time. This will require you to go to court and stand before a judge, who will then tell you to pay a specified amount and the case will be dropped. I'm not sure how much this will be for tinted windows (no cheaper than $150) and you will waste your whole day in court. It would be the same thing if you just take the tint off and put it back on later (probably end up paying less and wasting less time actually....not to mention, you wont have a warrant out for your arrest).
I'm not sure that I've ever seen a correctable go to warrant...I guess in theory it could happen...Joel, you heard of this?

Old 07-25-2007, 11:05 AM   #1915
3onDubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCM3 View Post
I'm not sure that I've ever seen a correctable go to warrant...I guess in theory it could happen...Joel, you heard of this?
Yup...happened to me..lol

It's not that serious, but still, a warrant is a warrant. When you don't take care of a ticket by the due date printed on the ticket that comes in the mail, you'll get one of those yellow cards that has a bail amount and due date printed on it. I believe that you can just pay the bail amount at the window, unless you wish to have it reduced by speaking to the judge (not sure on that part though).
Old 07-26-2007, 01:21 PM   #1916
frobie15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCM3 View Post
I had never heard of it, until 3ondubs...

Thank you Sam
Old 07-27-2007, 10:42 AM   #1917
330 HRE
Banned

My Ride: 330
Hi Frobie15,
Yesterday going home, I saw a 350z and an old integra race on the freeway, excess of at least 90 as they flew by me. Of course them being stupid, going all over the lanes and weaving to the point of hitting people. A motorcycle cop acutally caught them 10 minutes later which was awesome as they were real retarded in doing what they were doing as it was crowded on the freeway. My question is what is the punishment on the 1st offense and then the repeating people that got caught before.
330 HRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 11:55 AM   #1918
frobie15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330 HRE View Post
Hi Frobie15,
Yesterday going home, I saw a 350z and an old integra race on the freeway, excess of at least 90 as they flew by me. Of course them being stupid, going all over the lanes and weaving to the point of hitting people. A motorcycle cop acutally caught them 10 minutes later which was awesome as they were real retarded in doing what they were doing as it was crowded on the freeway. My question is what is the punishment on the 1st offense and then the repeating people that got caught before.
First offense is a hefty fine and their cars get towed. After that I believe that their cars can get confiscated and sold by the agency who arrests them. There are laws in place now that should seriously deter street racers. But I doubt we can ever stop them.

Thank you Sam
Old 08-03-2007, 03:06 PM   #1919
the skillmaster

My Ride: 2001 325Ci
Frobie: a few months ago, my friend got a motorcycle and has been badgering me ever since to get one. I would like to get one but the problem is that my parents will do everything they can to stop me. Basically it means no more BMW for me if I get one since they payed for it and own it. I know they have good intentions and want to keep me safe but I still feel oppressed since I'm almost 19. What my other friend (who also wants a motorcycle) and I have been planning is to split the cost of a learner bike and have the insurance under his name so I can keep it a secret from my parents. So I want to know the legality of riding a bike legally owned and insured by someone else. If you could tell me how this would all work out, I would really appreciate it. I you want to criticize me for wanting to be dishonest with my parents, thats fine to.
the skillmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 03:18 PM   #1920
OHCM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by the skillmaster View Post
Frobie: a few months ago, my friend got a motorcycle and has been badgering me ever since to get one. I would like to get one but the problem is that my parents will do everything they can to stop me. Basically it means no more BMW for me if I get one since they payed for it and own it. I know they have good intentions and want to keep me safe but I still feel oppressed since I'm almost 19. What my other friend (who also wants a motorcycle) and I have been planning is to split the cost of a learner bike and have the insurance under his name so I can keep it a secret from my parents. So I want to know the legality of riding a bike legally owned and insured by someone else. If you could tell me how this would all work out, I would really appreciate it. I you want to criticize me for wanting to be dishonest with my parents, thats fine to.
As long as you have the M1 endorsement on your CDL, you can ride it. Keep proof of insurance for the bike with you. It should cover you while you ride it since you're not the owner. Those two things will keep you legal.

Tags
cop advice, f&*k tha police, i <3 frobie, lion is delicious, nwa