E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Car Care & Detailing

Car Care & Detailing
Get detailing answers and tips here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-26-2006, 08:05 PM   #1
flagman5

My Ride: 2002 325ci
Leather Trim Cleaner

hi

i tried searching this forum (altho not too hard ) but i didnt really see a thread covering specifically the leather trim that exist on the back side of the 2 front seats ( i have coupe) i am talking about the leather trim that is very hard, not soft, kind of like the dash board trims. currently i always wipe down my interior with meguiars leather cleaner wipes every few weeks, but when i put the cleaner wipes on the back side of the seats, it doesnt really seem to clean it cuz it leaves no shine and the cleaning agent doesnt seem to even get on the trim, should i switch to some other product or just use water on this?

i had 4 guys in the back seat and uh....lots of scuff marks on the bottom parts of the front seats...

thanks

"Girl you get me aroused how you look in my eye
But you talk too much, man you're ruinin my high"
flagman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:42 PM   #2
Detailed Image
Sponsor

My Ride: Audi S4
Send a message via AIM to Detailed Image
One of the best leather products on the market right now is Leatherique Prestine Clean. It will clean and condition in one step. It does have a slightly unique application process so I will list it below:

- Wipe down the surface to remove any loose contamination.
- Apply Leatherique Prestine Clean to the surface
- Allow the LPC to penetrate the surface, let sit for 10-30 minutes
- Taking a warm damp cloth, remove the LPC
- Taking a dry towel, buff off any water and remaining product on the surface.
- Enjoy your revived seats!

If the Prestine Clean does not do the trick for you they do have a product for faded, hardened, discolored leather, the Rejuvenator Oil which is more of a deep cleansing and restoration.

I think you'll be fine with just the one step though.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Also, if its just stains, 303 Cleaner and Spot Remover should also do the trick but it will not condition the leather like the Leatherique.

Sincerely,

George @ DI

Wash & Dry Products, Clay Bars, Polishes, Sealants, and Waxes
10offe46 - Discount Code for 10% Off for e46fanatics members
Detail University - Detailing Enthusiast Discussion Forum
Detailed Image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 09:29 PM   #3
OCDGarage
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: Cabrio M3, Carbon
I know this problem very well. I have the same problem on the back of my M3 seats. The material is actually vinyl that is impregnated to look like leather. An APC cleaner and a medium bristle brush is all you need. My personal choice is P21S Total Auto wash diluted 1:3. Let the seats sit in the warm sun for a bit to get them warm (not hot). This allows the pores to open and the increased temperature improves the chemicals cleaning effectiveness. Spray on a liberal coating, work it in with a medium bristle brush wipe off with a cotton towel and your are done. Apply a water based dressing like OneGrand, vinylex or 303 to brig back the luster and help reduce the amount of dirt the vinyl will collect.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Brett @ OCD
OCDGarage is offline   Reply With Quote