E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Car Care & Detailing

Car Care & Detailing
Get detailing answers and tips here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-26-2006, 02:21 PM   #1
snitzl3

My Ride: e60 LCI
Send a message via AIM to snitzl3
Best cleaners for interior trim?

I have wood grain interior and i noticed that it is very dusty and has some kind of dusty spots that need more than just a wipe with a towel to get them off..my question is what is yalls opinion on the best cleaner to use to make these peices look clean and spot/streak free?
snitzl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:25 PM   #2
thesethoughtsru

My Ride: is a fake CSL
Send a message via AIM to thesethoughtsru
yeah, i'd like to know too! stupid matt chrome, as amazing as it is, turns into black fingerprints within like 2 days.

Silver Grey on Recaros ///M3 - VCSL, CF Grills, SS Race, KW V2, Alcantara Int, Illum Door Sills
thesethoughtsru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 02:39 PM   #3
Gir

My Ride: .
Lexol's Vinylex. Plus it has UV protection.
Gir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 02:40 PM   #4
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gir
Lexol's Vinylex. Plus it has UV protection.
oh nice... is this available at advanced auto parts?

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Back Up Camera for E46 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ckrDiAClGgM
Muffler Delete on E46 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofYhRq0T3eI
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 03:34 PM   #5
Gir

My Ride: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI
oh nice... is this available at advanced auto parts?
Dunno, I've found it ace hardware though.
Gir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 03:35 PM   #6
BLK328Ci

My Ride: 2000 Black 328Ci
Send a message via AIM to BLK328Ci Send a message via Yahoo to BLK328Ci
I use the Lexol Vinylex......works good...but doesnt put that "shiny, glossy finish" it shines but not like crazy... But I highly recommended
BLK328Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 03:44 PM   #7
///MLM

My Ride: TiAg 323i
ModBargains has something for trim. Heard it works well..
///MLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 04:44 PM   #8
01BMW3Coupe

My Ride: 2001 325ci
griot's interior cleaner....its great for leather, carpeting, headliners, etc. i even use it on my shoes
01BMW3Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 05:10 PM   #9
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
I just use water, maybe some pledge furniture cleaner. I wax my interior trim to keep it glossy.
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 06:51 PM   #10
OCDGarage
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: Cabrio M3, Carbon
Wood Trim Clear Coated?

Guess what the shiny coating on your wood grain is? Yup, Clear coat. Similar to the Clear found on your exterior. Vinylex is a fantastic product for dash & door plastics and it will not harm your wood grain but if you really want your wood grain to stand out do what I do.

Wipe all interior trim down with a QD spray and then mask off all the surrounding plastic and leather with blue tape. Treat the trim just like you paint. If it is scratched and oxidized start with something like Menzerna Intensive Polish. Work the product in by hand using a microfiber applicator in a liner motion. Buff off residue with a microfiber and repeat with Final Finish. Top it all of with FMJ of Klasse and all I will say is "WOW". You won't believe the difference. The best part is that the scratches are gone or minimized and there is a great layer of protection on there now. For the next year a QD spray and microfiber is all you need to keep on top of it.

Hope this helps.

If you have more questions about this procedure or other don't hesitate to contact me.

Brett @ OCD
OCDGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:38 PM   #11
kpg111

My Ride: E46 Wagon
Interior Trim

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDGarage
Guess what the shiny coating on your wood grain is? Yup, Clear coat. Similar to the Clear found on your exterior. Vinylex is a fantastic product for dash & door plastics and it will not harm your wood grain but if you really want your wood grain to stand out do what I do.

Wipe all interior trim down with a QD spray and then mask off all the surrounding plastic and leather with blue tape. Treat the trim just like you paint. If it is scratched and oxidized start with something like Menzerna Intensive Polish. Work the product in by hand using a microfiber applicator in a liner motion. Buff off residue with a microfiber and repeat with Final Finish. Top it all of with FMJ of Klasse and all I will say is "WOW". You won't believe the difference. The best part is that the scratches are gone or minimized and there is a great layer of protection on there now. For the next year a QD spray and microfiber is all you need to keep on top of it.

Hope this helps.

If you have more questions about this procedure or other don't hesitate to contact me.

Brett @ OCD
Let me try this on my interior trim. Thanks.
kpg111 is offline   Reply With Quote