E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum

The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum
Use this forum to discuss anything in relation to wheels to tires to offsets.
Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2006, 09:49 PM   #1
E46Razor

My Ride: 323i
Question Should I throw a fit or should I let it go ? ?

3 weeks ago I bought a new set of Hankook V4ES K105 tires to go on my Hamann HM3. The size I ordered was 245x40x17. I didnt even think to double check the size, I have always trusted the place where I buy my tires.

Now today I was out working on my car and noticed the size is 235x45x17. I was pissed. The main reason for going to the 40 series tire was for rim clearence (outside to outside is 9.25 in.) and of course traction. These tires are 3/4 of an inch taller then what I needed and my speedo shows it, and they are about 5/8 to narrow.

I called the shop today and talked to the sales guy, he remembered what size I ordered and said he would check it out and call me back today. (He did not)

Should I be relentlessly pissed off or because they are 3 weeks old and have 2000 miles on them should I forget it until next time I need tires.

Razor

"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."
E46Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:57 PM   #2
vincentvega9701
has a power steerin leak :/

My Ride: '01 325i, EMD F59PHI
you should be really pissed, that's just crap. where did you get them from? a chain? or an indy place.

vincentvega9701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 10:18 PM   #3
jeremysmith1967
a.k.a. Norton

My Ride: 00 328ci & 67 stang
Send a message via AIM to jeremysmith1967
i would be pissed, its their responsibility to get you the parts your ordered. i would say give em hell. good luck
Old 04-08-2006, 11:09 PM   #4
E46Razor

My Ride: 323i
Got them at a local shop. I live in the middle of no where USA, no chain stores around. I have been buying tires from these guys for years and this is the first time they have messed up this bad.

The fact that the sales guy didnt call me back is what really has me Pissed.

"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."
E46Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 11:14 PM   #5
deafboy

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
I would be mad....I would just give him another call tomorrow.

I'm sure he had a reason why he didnt call ya.
deafboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 11:15 PM   #6
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Ba patient. Maybe something came up. Give him another call on Monday.

Now, if he continues to avoid you, then you should let them know that you want them to provide the product you ordered and paid for, and that you want it within five business days. Tell them you will sue them in small claims court if they can't do what they said they would do.

Usually that's plenty to get them to perform. Good luck! Just don't be too upset at this point. It's worth getting fixed, but certainly not worth getting upset over.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 11:15 PM   #7
ksuen21
CEO OF THE ROC

My Ride: 01 330ci,05 Yama R1
Just give him a call back, theres no way you should let this kind of thing slide. You ordered a specific tire, and you should receive those specific tires.
Rogue Engineering Pulleys
ECIS Intake
Stoptech Stage II Brake Kit
Short Shift Kit
6000k Fog Lights
18" Hyperblack CSLs
Clears All Around
35% Tint
ksuen21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 12:51 AM   #8
bassik40

My Ride: 01 325i
Send a message via AIM to bassik40
to do

In all honesty, they screwed up, coulda been wrong item number shipped from factory, or miscommunication (like you told him size, and he just ended up using the default by accident?), or a mix up or who knows. But the responsibility is the tire shops. 3 weeks is a long time, but not the world.

See, in our case, and most, if they put them on yer car, and you drove a block, they cant resell them either way. They have to warranty them out. 2000 miles or 10 miles, dosent matter. They messed up, they should fix it.

I work at a shop and if that kinda thing happens, we'd fix it for you. Be calm though, call him back tomarrow, explain, you never called me back yata yata. Tell him your good about checking, but you just noticed, and tell him basically there is a reason you wanted that size.

They should hook you up if theyre a good shop, or at least have good cust serv.

If after about a week they arent there and ready to go on, givem hell (In a friendly pain in the ass way, *******s get last priority.)
bassik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 01:10 AM   #9
sebpop

My Ride: M Tre
get what you paid for period
sebpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 02:01 AM   #10
frobie15

My Ride: has a door star
Send a message via AIM to frobie15
If this shop has been good to you in the past, then play it cool. I'd go in with the mindset that you're not going to get a free set of tires out of it. If you can get a different set, then cool, but if not, it's not really that big of a deal. Yeah, they messed up, but if they're the only shop around, then you might want to remain on good terms with them. Even if it means not getting exatcly what you want.

Thank you Sam
frobie15 is offline   Reply With Quote