E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-23-2006, 11:56 AM   #41
BlackBimmerUK

My Ride: Black BM (Sedan)
Ive got the Hartge addon.

Old 04-27-2006, 01:05 PM   #42
Dev
PSHOPWERKS

My Ride: Yellow Porsche GT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer07
bump on the question???
to the

Current Hate Level: 10 | Previous Hate Level: 9
The hatin' level on the E46Fanatics.com board.
Dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 02:07 PM   #43
l_th

My Ride: 323i - 2000
Has anyone seen the addon lips found on ebay for the old style bumpers?

Here's one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-04...57955105QQrdZ1
And
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-00...59762832QQrdZ1
l_th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 02:25 PM   #44
nacho

My Ride: 2003 330i ZHP
I also like the rectangular lights better. I have a "facelifted" sedan and don't like the mini lights. The original looks better... it usually does. What happens many times is that the first design always looks best since it was usually designed by one group of designers and goes through a lot of approvals. These designs look timeless like the original Acura NSX or even the first Acura TSX. Then after a few years they make a designer freshen up the car by adding crap that makes it look more modern. In the case of the NSX, they got rid of the pop-up headlights and added the always exposed baboon-butt style HIDs under plexiglass that EVERY car has now. That design does not do well with those headlights, hence, they ruined the NSX. The exact same thing with the Corvette. Cars that are designed holistically look better. Updating them rarely works because they add styling cues from a new era that clash with the previous era. I wish I could un-facelift my Sedan. I look with envy at the guys with the original style, it looks so much better IMHO.

Ignacio
nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:30 AM   #45
bimmer07
Banned

My Ride: //////////M
Send a message via AIM to bimmer07
i like rectangles
bimmer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:48 PM   #46
BimmerBoy323

My Ride: 2002 330i sport pkg.
Rectangles are the way to go!!! They look WAY better than those wussy tiny little things they put on the facelifted ones. The original design looks way more agressive. I would rather do an add on to the original front bumper than replace the whole thing with the M Aerodynamic (ZHP) kit. Thats what everybody does or wants to do to their ride. I like to be different. Does anybody know if anyone makes the factory add on spoiler besides bmw or where would be a good place to go to get it for a better price than the $280 BMW wants for it?
BimmerBoy323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 07:35 AM   #47
james2538

My Ride: Sold
3 month thread revival!

to the question above
james2538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:40 AM   #48
Kmanne

My Ride: 99 E46 328I
I definitely prefer my rectangles!
Kmanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 08:27 AM   #49
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

My Ride: See Sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBoy323 View Post
Rectangles are the way to go!!! They look WAY better than those wussy tiny little things they put on the facelifted ones. The original design looks way more agressive. I would rather do an add on to the original front bumper than replace the whole thing with the M Aerodynamic (ZHP) kit. Thats what everybody does or wants to do to their ride. I like to be different. Does anybody know if anyone makes the factory add on spoiler besides bmw or where would be a good place to go to get it for a better price than the $280 BMW wants for it?
Wow, my old thread has been resurrected from the dead.
The ironic thing though is I wound up selling my RDSport R35 bumper with the rectangular foglights and got the MTech2 front bumper with the circular foglights - did this so I would have options for carbon fiber addons.

BimmerBoy323... to answer your question, which specific factory addon spoiler are you referring to? Are you referring to the front addon that's part of the aerodynamic kit for our 99-01 prefacelift sedan (the one that has the picture in the current BMW accessories catalog)?
If that's the one you are referring to then I'm not aware of any aftermarket company that makes a replica of this particular addon. You would have to get the factory one from BMW... although you could probably find it cheaper at specific BMW dealerships or with BMW CCA discounts (some dealerships will give you a 20% CCA discount).
There are e46fanatics sponsors now that are selling replica ACS front addons that will fit your 323i front bumper, so that's another option for you.

Thanks,
Navin

BMW Individual Atlantis Metallic Twin Screw S/C'ed 2000 323i

SPONSORED BY: BBS | Modbargains | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts.com | Race Apeel
Navin323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:10 AM   #50
BimmerBoy323

My Ride: 2002 330i sport pkg.
thanks navin! i just ordered the factory front add on lip spoiler and the rear spoiler from my dealership in charlotte nc and absolutely love it! Fits like a glove! I'll post pics once i get it all installed and painted and such. thanks for the info!!
BimmerBoy323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 01:02 PM   #51
Porterhouse

My Ride: '99 323i 5spd
I just have black plastic where the foglights go.... I kinda like it (At least with my color)

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." - Sir Winston Churchill
Porterhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 01:14 PM   #52
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBoy323 View Post
thanks navin! i just ordered the factory front add on lip spoiler and the rear spoiler from my dealership in charlotte nc and absolutely love it! Fits like a glove! I'll post pics once i get it all installed and painted and such. thanks for the info!!
No problem, happy to help.

Congrats on the new front and rear lip spoilers. Definitely post pics.

SPONSORED BY: BBS | Modbargains | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts.com | Race Apeel
Old 11-07-2006, 01:20 PM   #53
Staszek
Are we there yet??

My Ride: Now a daily drive
Send a message via AIM to Staszek
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWPower06 View Post
no it didnt

He probably meant 330i because none of the ci's came with retangular fogs, but the 01 325/330i and xi were still prefacelift and had rectangular fogs.

Euro Delivery Date 8/14: 2013 E93
///M3 -6MT
Staszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 01:30 PM   #54
Staszek
Are we there yet??

My Ride: Now a daily drive
Send a message via AIM to Staszek
I like the retangular fogs better then the small round ones on the non sport models but I like the Mtech fogs better then the retangular ones.

Rectangles are coming back look at the new Z4

Here is mine rect vs round
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	prebump.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	202960   Click image for larger version

Name:	presnow2.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	202961  

Euro Delivery Date 8/14: 2013 E93
///M3 -6MT
Staszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 02:53 PM   #55
RCS328

My Ride: 1999 328i; 2006 330i
What is a good website to find the add on lips for that bumper. I do a search and really get nowhere. I do not want to pay more than $300 either. I hit something, well, it hit me and a front lip would cover it up. $350 is the quote I have for painting the bumper, I would rather cover it up with something that looks as cool as the ones pictured in this post.
RCS328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 04:40 PM   #56
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staszek View Post
I like the retangular fogs better then the small round ones on the non sport models but I like the Mtech fogs better then the retangular ones.

Rectangles are coming back look at the new Z4

Here is mine rect vs round

What's up Staszek... haven't talked to you in a while. Your car is looking nice, bro.

I agree with you... initially I loved the look of the rectangular fogs (in fact I still do), but now that I have the MTech bumper and MTech fogs, I'm noticing that the light projects better with the MTech circular foglight housings versus my previous OEM rectangular foglight housings. I'm currently using the 9006 Yellow Ion foglight bulbs made by our sponsor here - Supreme Power Parts. These bulbs when they were in my rectangular foglight housings shined a dull yellow, but with the MTech foglight housings, they shine a really nice yellow/purple color... the light output seems a lot better with the MTech foglight housings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCS328 View Post
What is a good website to find the add on lips for that bumper. I do a search and really get nowhere. I do not want to pay more than $300 either. I hit something, well, it hit me and a front lip would cover it up. $350 is the quote I have for painting the bumper, I would rather cover it up with something that looks as cool as the ones pictured in this post.
Which front lip are you specifically looking at? When I created this thread I obtained pics here by doing a search on this forum so the search function should definitely work for you but of course a successful search depends on what keyword you use in the search engine.

Old 11-07-2006, 05:59 PM   #57
Dev
PSHOPWERKS

My Ride: Yellow Porsche GT2
After 5 years, I'm still looking for a nice front to get. ROFL!

Current Hate Level: 10 | Previous Hate Level: 9
The hatin' level on the E46Fanatics.com board.
Dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:53 AM   #58
RCS328

My Ride: 1999 328i; 2006 330i
I am really looking for an online store. That is where I am doing the searches. The ones I find are $700+. Or on ebay and I really do not trust those to fit right. I really like the Hamman add on. Very subtle and looks great.
RCS328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:36 AM   #59
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCS328 View Post
I am really looking for an online store. That is where I am doing the searches. The ones I find are $700+. Or on ebay and I really do not trust those to fit right. I really like the Hamman add on. Very subtle and looks great.
I'd suggest for you to search this site here as well... you may come across an old archived posting with a link to an online store.
It's spelled "Hamann" by the way, so that might help you with your online searches as well. Good luck.

Old 11-09-2006, 04:41 PM   #60
NJmike

My Ride: 2001 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin323i View Post
Also found this on the old E46Fanatics website...
What bumper is this??

Edit: here- http://forum.e46fanatics.com/attachm...7&d=1145470361