E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum

BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by BAVSOUND

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-30-2016, 11:17 AM   #1
Bigc2016

My Ride: 328i
Want to upgrade

Hey Guys,

Just picked up a E46 328i non HK stereo system, stock speakers are the OG's and suck. What would you guys recommend for replacements and also there are No rear speaks at all and would like to installed some good 6x9's to enhance the bass.
Bigc2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:25 AM   #2
adwebinc

My Ride: '02 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigc2016 View Post
Hey Guys,

Just picked up a E46 328i non HK stereo system, stock speakers are the OG's and suck. What would you guys recommend for replacements and also there are No rear speaks at all and would like to installed some good 6x9's to enhance the bass.
I'm in the same boat, but have the HK. Almost all my speakers are blown from PO. I am just planning on the Bavsound speaker upgrade. I don't want to deal with trying to custom fit speakers. They are a bit pricey, but they are also bolt in.

PS. Congrats on the car!

Last edited by adwebinc; 09-30-2016 at 11:25 AM.
adwebinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 11:52 AM   #3
Bigc2016

My Ride: 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by adwebinc View Post
I'm in the same boat, but have the HK. Almost all my speakers are blown from PO. I am just planning on the Bavsound speaker upgrade. I don't want to deal with trying to custom fit speakers. They are a bit pricey, but they are also bolt in.

PS. Congrats on the car!
Thanks Bro and loving my E46 so far and for being a older car it still looks good and handles better then my wife's new car. And I agree on custom fitting speakers, I will look into the Bavosund spearks you mention also but would love to get some 6x9's in the rear to bring out the bass.
Bigc2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 09:05 PM   #4
Overboost
Binary is in my DNA

My Ride: 2002 325i
I updated my 2002 E46 325i all with Bavsound. I bought a HK amp and then the 4 ohm 10 speaker replacement to match the HK amp. It sounded better but just OK. So for around $1K investment so far I had limited results. So Bavsound recommended the sub woofer system that provided a 800 watt amp and a subwoofer box with 11" speakers and that box mounted at the top of the trunk so it left almost all space in the trunk usable. It mounted up high under the rear window. This really made all the difference in the world. It really kicked the entire system to the next level. It hits hard on the lows and crystal clear on the highs It has been this way and trouble free for nearly 10 years now. The guys at Bavsound really are a pleasure to deal with. If you have the budget to throw about $1600.00 into the factory BMW sound system, go with them, it is amazing.

Last edited by Overboost; 12-09-2016 at 09:07 PM.
Overboost is offline   Reply With Quote