E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!

Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!
This forum contains "official" polls and surveys

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-30-2006, 05:16 PM   #21
ImolaZHPDom

My Ride: 2003 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmanlfe
sigh* i couldnt resist! I bought these too after my bulb indicators showed up again and bulb may have blown AGAIN!

welcome me to the club of sedan leds! should be getting it on Wednesday.
Awesome Darkman! I seriously only know of like 5 or so of us that have these. I'm sure there are others around the country but I really am beginning to think we are probably less than 20-30 AT THE MOST! Talk about elite!

Post here when you get them on!
Old 04-30-2006, 09:04 PM   #22
e4t6

My Ride: 2001 330i Sport
Thumbs Up Eagle Eyes LEDs on my '01 330i Sport

Initially I did not get the rear bulb out warning. But once my car's LCM computer "learned" something was different (the obvious lower LED electrical resistance), the dash warning came on a couple of hours later. As suggested by another fanatic, I bought three resistor kits (the kit includes 2 resistors and the necessary quick connects; each kit is $9.99) from the Ebay seller velocityleds_1. These resistors are specific for curing automotive LED problems: no flash, fast flash, and bulb out warning. These resistors are very nice with their built in orange anodized finned heat sinks to cool them down. Very trick. You'll need a resistor for each LED function your LED tail light has: signal, brake, park. . .six total for the pair of Eagle Eyes e46 units. I mounted each resistor, with 3M automotive trim tape, behind the trunk lining on a convenient solid car body platform location. There is enough room in these locations for the heat sinks to do their job of cooling the resistors. Another Fanatic used a computer fan to further cool his resistors, which were all mounted and contained in an aluminum box. There's no need for this overkill, but the idea is "cool". Excuse the pun. ---BTW, I love these awsome tail lights!

Last edited by e4t6; 04-30-2006 at 09:32 PM.
e4t6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 07:59 AM   #23
darkmanlfe

My Ride: rocket propelled 323
Send a message via AIM to darkmanlfe
nice man. your car looks awesome!
Old 05-01-2006, 08:05 AM   #24
trizzuth

My Ride: gobbles oil like a B
OK, here we go:

I have a 2001 330i and have installed the LED Tails and they work perfectly now.

- They are red/clear/red with the tails and brakes LEDs only, turn signal is incandescent.

- I have the OEM trunk lights, and have not changed them yet, although they dont match up perfectly, you can't really tell from a distance, and this will be my next purchase.

- I bought them on Ebay from seller "oemgermanparts" and they came in a Hella box, but I believe were made in Hong Kong.

- I had the dash warning indicating that my tail lights were out, but since I installed the load resistors purchased from Velocityleds_1 on E-bay, I have had no problems whatsoever, damn they look fresh!

- I LOVE LED"S TOO!!!!''

Pics:

trizzuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:54 AM   #25
coco savage

My Ride: 325i
^^^Nice, those are the LED's i want!
coco savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:49 PM   #26
darkmanlfe

hmm i wish i had lots of money and get the supplier to send me tons of these.
just a thought for you young entrepreneurs. youll be taking the profits away from Autowerks...
Old 05-02-2006, 05:03 AM   #27
ImolaZHPDom

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmanlfe
hmm i wish i had lots of money and get the supplier to send me tons of these.
just a thought for you young entrepreneurs. youll be taking the profits away from Autowerks...
LOL. Woldn't be a bad idea considering they have been a bit shady with still taking orders and not being able to deliver a product.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:48 AM   #28
crash2k

My Ride: Bmw 330xd
if you do accept a friend from Europe too.. this is how they look like on my 330xd:

Old 05-02-2006, 11:35 AM   #29
darkmanlfe

welcome! so far 3 Titanium Silvers with LEDs.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:25 PM   #30
trizzuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by e4t6
Initially I did not get the rear bulb out warning. But once my car's LCM computer "learned" something was different (the obvious lower LED electrical resistance), the dash warning came on a couple of hours later. As suggested by another fanatic, I bought three resistor kits (the kit includes 2 resistors and the necessary quick connects; each kit is $9.99) from the Ebay seller velocityleds_1. These resistors are specific for curing automotive LED problems: no flash, fast flash, and bulb out warning. These resistors are very nice with their built in orange anodized finned heat sinks to cool them down. Very trick. You'll need a resistor for each LED function your LED tail light has: signal, brake, park. . .six total for the pair of Eagle Eyes e46 units. I mounted each resistor, with 3M automotive trim tape, behind the trunk lining on a convenient solid car body platform location. There is enough room in these locations for the heat sinks to do their job of cooling the resistors. Another Fanatic used a computer fan to further cool his resistors, which were all mounted and contained in an aluminum box. There's no need for this overkill, but the idea is "cool". Excuse the pun. ---BTW, I love these awsome tail lights!

Hey, I was just thinking about your post and the pics of your resistors that are supposedly on the 3M double sticky tape inside your trunk panels, that you just might want to check them out periodically. As per a website I just found that sells these, here's the quote, and this is exactly why I mounted them in that box, cause trust me, thest things get HOTTTTT.

"Caution, this Load resistor (AUT-RES-6-50) gets extremely hot and needs to be installed correctly. The flat surface of the AUT-RES-6-50 needs to make a good secure contact on a clean flat metal surface on your car or motorcycle. This will act as a heat sink which should keep the Load resistor (AUT-RES-6-50) cooler. Keep this Load resistor (AUT-RES-6-50) away from oil, making contact with skin, plastic, wires and combustible gases and material. LEDtronics is Not responsible for damage caused to persons or property with installation of the Load resistor (AUT-RES-6-50)."
Old 05-02-2006, 07:08 PM   #31
thesethoughtsru

My Ride: is a fake CSL
Send a message via AIM to thesethoughtsru
i love this thread and LEDs! SPEAK UP if you have these on your car too!

Silver Grey on Recaros ///M3 - VCSL, CF Grills, SS Race, KW V2, Alcantara Int, Illum Door Sills
thesethoughtsru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 03:58 AM   #32
Chris@AutoWerks
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 1995 Avus Blue M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImolaZHPDom
LOL. Woldn't be a bad idea considering they have been a bit shady with still taking orders and not being able to deliver a product.
We're definitely NOT shady. We haven't charged anyone who has put in their pre-order with us, and when they do put an pre-order in with us, whether it be online or over the phone we make sure they know there is going to be a wait. Every order we have everyone knows about the wait, and they're comfortable with the transaction. Shady would be telling them we have them in stock, charging them, and running. We are definitely not shady, and I hate for you to think so. If you have any questions, please PM me or give me a call tomorrow at 800-221-2262. We're open from 8AM-6PM PST.
Chris@AutoWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:37 PM   #33
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth
OK, here we go:

I have a 2001 330i and have installed the LED Tails and they work perfectly now.

- They are red/clear/red with the tails and brakes LEDs only, turn signal is incandescent.

- I have the OEM trunk lights, and have not changed them yet, although they dont match up perfectly, you can't really tell from a distance, and this will be my next purchase.

- I bought them on Ebay from seller "oemgermanparts" and they came in a Hella box, but I believe were made in Hong Kong.

- I had the dash warning indicating that my tail lights were out, but since I installed the load resistors purchased from Velocityleds_1 on E-bay, I have had no problems whatsoever, damn they look fresh!

- I LOVE LED"S TOO!!!!''

Pics:
These are made by DEPO. They are from DEPO.

But the resistor solution is troubling as those resistors get very hot and will eventually burn through the tape holding them. This is a dangerous solution.

What we had engineered and are still willing and able to do easily is a complete revision of the circuitry so that you never get the error, we can even enable to outside LEDs to work.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:54 PM   #34
ImolaZHPDom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@AutoWerks
We're definitely NOT shady. We haven't charged anyone who has put in their pre-order with us, and when they do put an pre-order in with us, whether it be online or over the phone we make sure they know there is going to be a wait. Every order we have everyone knows about the wait, and they're comfortable with the transaction. Shady would be telling them we have them in stock, charging them, and running. We are definitely not shady, and I hate for you to think so. If you have any questions, please PM me or give me a call tomorrow at 800-221-2262. We're open from 8AM-6PM PST.
It's ok Chris. I wasn't necessairly pointing at you guys..hehe. Heck, I might as well create a web site and take pre-orders myself!

I still say it isn't 100% good that you guys have continued to take these orders though. I also wouldn't say that 100% of people are comfortable with having the pre-order even though it isn't charged yet.

Hopefully the wait won't be that much longer...and in the mean time I hope your great reputation doesn't get a black eye for the way that this has been addressed.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:40 AM   #35
trizzuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza
These are made by DEPO. They are from DEPO.

But the resistor solution is troubling as those resistors get very hot and will eventually burn through the tape holding them. This is a dangerous solution.

What we had engineered and are still willing and able to do easily is a complete revision of the circuitry so that you never get the error, we can even enable to outside LEDs to work.

can you define what "DEPO" means? is it a manufacturer? what do you mean by "even enable to outside LEDs to work"???
Old 05-04-2006, 10:46 AM   #36
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
DEPO is the MFG.
On your lights, there are no outside LED, so you can't have it enabled. Only the Eagle Eyes version.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:28 AM   #37
trizzuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza
DEPO is the MFG.
On your lights, there are no outside LED, so you can't have it enabled. Only the Eagle Eyes version.

oh, i gotcha, you're talking about the coupe style semi-circular ones. yeah, i have no "outer set" of LED's.. just bottoms and tops. I figured out DEPO was the mfgr before you wrote this and checked it on ebay and out of 13 pages, nothing! I saw one set on the web from england, and most of the pic links are broken. I think i am gonna have to patent these babies now!
Old 05-04-2006, 04:42 PM   #38
e4t6

My Ride: 2001 330i Sport
Wink Cool e'nuff

Quote:
Hey, I was just thinking about your post and the pics of your resistors that are supposedly on the 3M double sticky tape inside your trunk panels, that you just might want to check them out periodically. As per a website I just found that sells these, here's the quote, and this is exactly why I mounted them in that box, cause trust me, thest things get HOTTTTT.

"Caution, this Load resistor (AUT-RES-6-50) gets extremely hot and needs to be installed correctly. The flat surface of the AUT-RES-6-50 needs to make a good secure contact on a clean flat metal surface on your car or motorcycle. This will act as a heat sink which should keep the Load resistor (AUT-RES-6-50) cooler. Keep this Load resistor (AUT-RES-6-50) away from oil, making contact with skin, plastic, wires and combustible gases and material. LEDtronics is Not responsible for damage caused to persons or property with installation of the Load resistor (AUT-RES-6-50)."
Keep in mind, these resistors are working in conjuction with the Eagle Eyes built in resistors. I don't know if your facelift LED tails have built in resistors. No problems with over heating resistors in my e46. Warm to the touch at the most after a 4 hour night drive. The heat sink is very effective, very nicely designed. The open area behind the trunk liner allows plenty of air around the resistors to keep 'em cool enough. I also have similar resistors for my 2005 Honda CBR600RR LED tail light (which is on every second the ignition switch is on) with integrated LED signals. However, those resistors are without the heat sinks and run warmer than the ones in my e46, but not to the point of melting anything. ---Also unlike your facelift LEDs, the Eagle Eyes pre-facelift LEDs come with a finished trunk light panel similar to the OEM trunk light panel. The only difference is that they are held in with a knob vs OEM being held in with a clip.

Thanks for your concerns. It's very appreciated. And because, it seems like the Euro LEDs are acting in various ways in our US e46s, these resistors' temperatures may vary as well. And because of these varying degrees of temperatures, the resistor's manufacturer and/or seller has to make the claim as stated above in red to release themselves from any liabilities.

Last edited by e4t6; 05-04-2006 at 04:59 PM.
e4t6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 06:00 PM   #39
Rai$i

My Ride: BMW 330i, 2004 model
Quote:
OK, here we go:

- I LOVE LED"S TOO!!!!''

Pics:

I LOVE UR LEDs.. where i can get them.. i've been waitin for them more that 1.5 year.. this is the type of LED i wanted r/w/r
Rai$i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 07:03 AM   #40
Rai$i

My Ride: BMW 330i, 2004 model
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash2k
if you do accept a friend from Europe too.. this is how they look like on my 330xd:

i love ur LEDs.. they look hot but i still love to keep the facelift identity by havin a r/w/r.. but yet urz is cool
Rai$i is offline   Reply With Quote