E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:19 PM   #41
4ngie
Registered User
 
4ngie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: 4TL4NT4
Posts: 70,001
My Ride: Chrissspyy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idrivea328I
when you..



See an e46 with clears, and automatically assume the driver is into modding or possibly on the forum.

See a ZHP with a middle aged woman driving and think to yourself... "man... she can't appreciate that car... If I stole her bumpers and sideskirts she'd never know"

Your talking with friends, and can relate almost anything to "something someone on the forum said"

consider the forum you're main source for porn (nws members forum)
__________________
4ngiefest VII - 10/5/2013

4ngie likes this.
4ngie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 03:35 PM   #42
joesjs
Registered User
 
joesjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 178
My Ride: 99' 323I
when you..
debate taking the gf out for dinner and a movie but decide its time to get clears all around
joesjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 04:02 PM   #43
mrquick68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kirkland
Posts: 35
My Ride: e46 M3, Dmax, B6 S4
These are great!

you know your a fanatic when:

-you know about and can change lower control arms and bushing yourself!
-You call BavAuto and teach them something about an E46.
-You walk out to the garage at night to get a beer and end up standing there looking at your baby.
-you shrug off the yellow oil light likes its no big deal... and, you know its no big deal.
mrquick68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 04:21 PM   #44
EIAlfonso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: McKinney,TX
Posts: 897
My Ride: 2011 535xi M Sport
- You clean the inside of your aftermarket exhaust tips, as far in as humanly possible

- Your neighbors think something is always wrong with your car because every weekend you have the hood up or it's on jacks.

-99% of the time when you explain something about your car to a non fanatic you get this response
__________________
EIAlfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 04:30 PM   #45
bimmerCi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: here
Posts: 769
My Ride: bmw
you know your a fanatic when...

After washing your car you avoid braking at all costs because of brake dust.

You get bitter or think it's funny when your friends ***** about high gas prices. You always think (or say in some cases), 'cry me a river, my baby needs premium.'

When a friend says that his car would beat your car in a race you respond with: "Maybe in a straight line, but I'll smoke you in the twisties."

Your friends can't believe you spent that much on that/those *insert mod here*.

You have an E46Fanatics.com sticker on something other than your car. (one of mine is on my nalgene)

You've come close to crashing while trying to identify the mods on an E46 that just went the other way on the highway.

You get a little upset when you see an E46 with amber corner lights.
bimmerCi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 04:35 PM   #46
arcticool
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 206
My Ride: 02 330 coupe
You've learned that numbers lie, and are constantly frustrated by friends to whom you cannot explain how it *feels* to drive this car.
arcticool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 04:52 PM   #47
SkipII
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Cincinnati area
Posts: 580
My Ride: 2001 330 Ci
More...

You used Goof-off to strip off the air bag warnings stickers on the sun visor because....well, because they spoil the view, and because we're all adults here.
SkipII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:10 PM   #48
6strings
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 260
My Ride: 2000 328ci
.. you go to e46fanatics to find what to mod next and the reason you want to mod more is because you check out all the cool rides people got @ e46fanatics. ( i go to e46fanatics to mod, and i mod because of e46fanatics)

^^ its a vicious cycle that im just drowing in circles in..
__________________
******>
6strings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:18 PM   #49
Stanc3
Registered User
 
Stanc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Yorba Linda, CA (Orange County)
Posts: 8,054
My Ride: 99' JB 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idrivea328I
when you..



See an e46 with clears, and automatically assume the driver is into modding or possibly on the forum.

See a ZHP with a middle aged woman driving and think to yourself... "man... she can't appreciate that car... If I stole her bumpers and sideskirts she'd never know"

Your talking with friends, and can relate almost anything to "something someone on the forum said"

consider the forum you're main source for porn (nws members forum)
these are all soo true..........
__________________
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought,
but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

- Albert Einstein
- Chad
Stanc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:41 PM   #50
Marlin311
Modded ///Member
 
Marlin311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: CoCo County
Posts: 10,469
My Ride: 328ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ngie
Okay, I can add these:

When you fly >1,800 miles across the country to meet other Fanatics.

You know you're obsessed when:
Huh???
__________________

Last edited by Marlin311; 05-11-2006 at 05:55 PM.
Marlin311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:42 PM   #51
Alex323Ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Huntington Beach -Surf City USA
Posts: 16,449
My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
I'm guilty of a few of these. Laughed about the one about BMW parts counter guy knowing my name. And always referring to my car as an E46. How about..

1)You know you're an E46 fanatic when you bought the parts ETK for your computer..and you can actually navigate through it.

2)You can spot Real or replica-aftermarket parts on another E46..from across the street.

3)You had to get Autofold mirrors, even though you have a two car garage and never park close to someone.

4) You know what a "Guibo" is.

5) You make a big deal that you've just reached 1,000 post. ME RIGHT NOW!
__________________
OE CSL WHEELS - OE CSL BRAKES - OE AUTOFOLD MIRRORS - CSL TRUNK - CSL DIFFUSER - AA SPORT TUNE - AA PULLEYS - BILSTEIN PSS9s - AS 40% SSK
CF CSL RACE LIP - NAVI - BMW PERF CF STRUT BAR - BMW GROUP N MNTS - GRUPPE M CF INTAKE - SUPERSPRINT - UUC SS BRKLINES, TRANS MNTS, RTABs - 4.10 M-SPORT DIFF

Last edited by Alex323Ci; 05-11-2006 at 06:10 PM.
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:56 PM   #52
ImolaZHPDom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 429
My Ride: 2003 330i ZHP
A few more...

You randomly click through the pages of realoem.com just to see all the parts your car is made of.

You laugh at people that try to tell you a G35 or IS300 is better than your E46.

You know what a CSL M3 is.
__________________
ImolaZHPDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 06:14 PM   #53
4ngie
Registered User
 
4ngie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: 4TL4NT4
Posts: 70,001
My Ride: Chrissspyy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerCi
You have an E46Fanatics.com sticker on something other than your car.
I have one on my monitor in my office.
__________________
4ngiefest VII - 10/5/2013

4ngie likes this.
4ngie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 06:32 PM   #54
Scoggs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 51
My Ride: '02 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idrivea328I

See a ZHP with a middle aged woman driving and think to yourself... "man... she can't appreciate that car... If I stole her bumpers and sideskirts she'd never know"
LOL!
Scoggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 07:16 PM   #55
happybmw
Are you happy
 
happybmw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 626
My Ride: 03' 325 XI
good one guys, I'm doing almost half of what you guys are saying.
happybmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 07:38 PM   #56
dlm6568
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toms River, NJ
Posts: 133
My Ride: 2001 330 ci
Awesome thread.

Here's mine:

You & your buddies look through the car show pics of e46's, someone says "Check out that chick on that car", You reply" She should get her ass off it she's ruining the pic" or "What chick?"

You stay up late to finish your latest mod and get up early the next morning just to admire your work. (2 hours sleep)

You post a thread 'bout a certain problem..... You get pi**ed because no one has replied after 5 minutes. refresh ... refresh ... bump.
dlm6568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 08:35 PM   #57
budman
-not a mod-
 
budman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: South Flo Rida
Posts: 31,537
My Ride: is your mom
Send a message via AIM to budman Send a message via Yahoo to budman
when you know the difference between pre-facelift, and facelift
__________________
-Gunnar
budman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:02 PM   #58
MARiSA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Wantagh, New York
Posts: 3,602
My Ride: e90 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLAUDM3
LOL....this thread has made me laugh a couple times. I am a true E46 nut........I always look back twice. Thanks for the laugh guys

a few more:

1. When you change your own oil/filter
2. Know all the torque settings for each DIY
3. Freak out when someone jacks up the car using the wrong spot(Got new tires and they jacked up my car using the LSD- I almost passed out)
4. You change your brake rotors/pads
5. You know ever detail of each model and can tell what year the car is just from the type of corner, headlights, tailights, and side markers.
6. You know all the tire sizes/offsets for each model
7. You go to the dealership with a list of solutions of any problems
8. You know the proper voltage for when the engine is on/off
9. You know the ODB codes by heart
definately me.
MARiSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:20 PM   #59
driftinsequence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: LC
Posts: 3,686
My Ride: waiting to be modded
Send a message via AIM to driftinsequence
omg this is the best.

near all of this stuff is true. i love that brake dust one which i believe is a couple posts up. man, that is so true. also, to add, not sure if i saw it already, you see any bmw on the road while your driving and you detour your attention to that car, no matter what bmw (e46 especially though) and you automatically quote all the specs, year... of that car. you also look at the driver.

damn, that brake dust thing, its not going to leave me now, ha
driftinsequence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:28 PM   #60
neo_328ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 550
My Ride: E30/E46/E90
Send a message via AIM to neo_328ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipII
(There has probably been a thread about this in the past but thought I would take a shot at refreshing it. Here's my start

You know you're an E46 fanatic when:

You go the the BMW dealership and ask if they still have any leftover E46 shirts in the back stockroom rather than the E90 shirts on the rack.

You carry around a tube of CrazyGlue just in case your window trim decides to cut loose just before you pick up your date or a client (which is usually when it happens)


People ask you what kind of car you have and you say "An E46" rather than saying BMW 325, 330, etc., and then just stand there with a smug look on your face as they stare back with a puzzled look on theirs.

You actually know all the offset, wheel width and tire combinations for your car.

If you have to take your car to a garage and they take off the wheels, as they are getting ready to re-install them, you whip out a torque wrench preset to 87 lb/ft from your back pocket and say "I'll take it from here."

You don't like to drive a Lexus because there is not enough wind noise from the driver's side window.

You actually know where the battery is.

When you park your car in a parking lot, you park it away from everyone else and, as you walk away, you look back at it. Twice.
HAHAHAHA...funny stuff.
__________________
Andy - Neo_328ci (RIP - 6/5/2009)
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=681191




The causal effect of something like that for that one particular customer is negligible and it depends on the character of the individual whether or not he would return based on his own idiocy so to generalize that one particular customer will not return is inconclusive. --MESH_KING
neo_328ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use