E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-19-2002, 11:15 PM   #1
GeoMystic

My Ride: '03 330i ZHP
I just installed NAV-TV..

I finally did it and installed NAV-TV in my ride!! I know this belongs in the I.C.E. forum, but since this activates the OEM option for television, I figure you guys would appreciate it also. I actually posted all of my pics and my review on the I.C.E. forum page. Here is a link..

NAV-TV in my '03 330i

Let me know what you guys think!! I love this feature

2003 330i Mystic Blue - Black Alcantara/Cloth
6 Sp Manual | Performance Package | Cold Weather Package | Silver Cube Trim | Navigation | Bi-Xenons | Moonroof | PDC

OEM Clears - OEM Alarm - OEM TV Function retro - Blaupunkt DVD-ME3 - HD-DICE - DIY Clutch Stop - Silver headlight inserts - M3 Rearview Mirror - OEM ///M Dead Pedal - Euro First Aid Kit - Euro Warning Triangle - 35/20 Window Tint - ECIS CAI - ACS Style Roof Spoiler
GeoMystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-19-2002, 11:17 PM   #2
p0tpie

My Ride: '06 M3
dammit thats so cool, i wish i had nav. are you able to watch full shows
Old 10-19-2002, 11:24 PM   #3
GeoMystic

Full shows? I can watch what ever is on TV and the picture is still excellent while driving, just a slight static every once in a while, but nothing that gets in the way of enjoying quality TV.

6 Sp Manual | Performance Package | Cold Weather Package | Silver Cube Trim | Navigation | Bi-Xenons | Moonroof | PDC

OEM Clears - OEM Alarm - OEM TV Function retro - Blaupunkt DVD-ME3 - HD-DICE - DIY Clutch Stop - Silver headlight inserts - M3 Rearview Mirror - OEM ///M Dead Pedal - Euro First Aid Kit - Euro Warning Triangle - 35/20 Window Tint - ECIS CAI - ACS Style Roof Spoiler
Old 10-19-2002, 11:26 PM   #4
p0tpie

My Ride: '06 M3
damn i wish i had NAV. Tv is better then having dvd, i envy you
Old 10-19-2002, 11:27 PM   #5
e46boy
call me kev :D

My Ride: '08 Lexus GS460
Send a message via AIM to e46boy
I was told by MANY MANY installers saying that the best place for the antenna should be on top of the windsheild... and that's where i put mine...

since you put them on the PDC strip... how is the reception there?

My reception has static most of the time, somtimes it gets really good and 40% of the time... it has static or just can't see anything at all...

let me know

Bye bye E46, hello new car :D
e46boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 11:31 PM   #6
GeoMystic

I have excellent reception, very little static. I was also told the front or rear glass is the best place for the antenna. I was going to change my install eventually, but it looks so good now I think I'm gonna keep it there. THe pics I took were in the backyard that's why the pic has some static, but as soon as I pulled out of the driveway it got clear. Maybe you need a better antenna. Does your look my mine?

Old 10-19-2002, 11:33 PM   #7
Mr Paddle.Shift
PhD Mech. Eng.

My Ride: B3 epsilon
Looking good, George! Perhaps you can hook up PS2 Gran Turismo with the paddles....

Technik Engineering ASA Stage 1.
Supercharged E46 M54B25.
2011 NASA TTC So Cal Champion!
Track blog.
Technik Engineering oil cap o-ring maintenance kit available.
Mr Paddle.Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 11:36 PM   #8
e46boy

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoTopaz330i
I have excellent reception, very little static. I was also told the front or rear glass is the best place for the antenna. I was going to change my install eventually, but it looks so good now I think I'm gonna keep it there. THe pics I took were in the backyard that's why the pic has some static, but as soon as I pulled out of the driveway it got clear. Maybe you need a better antenna. Does your look my mine?
kenwood comes with two diversity antennas... one is VHF(ch 1-13?) and the other one is UHF (ch 40+ )

and yes it looks almost exactly like yours...

my installer installed both in the front windshield because he learned from experience and customers saying that the rear defroster interferes with the reception when it's on.

Old 10-20-2002, 01:14 AM   #9
GeoMystic

Hmmmm. My diversity antenna is two antennas in one. I have two leads that plug into my video module, but one physical amplifier with two antenna's comming out of it. Also is your ant powered?? Mine is, it is a VDO.

That makes sense about the rear defr interfearing w/ the signal. I guess the windshield should be the best spot. Show some pics of that setup, if you don't mind...

Old 10-20-2002, 01:49 AM   #10
Toli

My Ride: 330ci
i installed my nav tv a couple months ago and i thought that the windshield would have been the more logical place to mount the antenna, but they said to mount it behind the bumper, my reception isnt too bad but once i start moving it gets a little shaky.....i wonder, if i move it in the front if it would be better?, oh yeah i also connected a dvd player to it also....its really cool watching the news or a movie while i wait for my girlfriend to get out of work.
Toli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 03:31 AM   #11
e46boy

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoTopaz330i
Hmmmm. My diversity antenna is two antennas in one. I have two leads that plug into my video module, but one physical amplifier with two antenna's comming out of it. Also is your ant powered?? Mine is, it is a VDO.

That makes sense about the rear defr interfearing w/ the signal. I guess the windshield should be the best spot. Show some pics of that setup, if you don't mind...
I am not sure if my antenna is powered.. how do i check that?

and also... i don't have my digital camera with me but when i do on monday.. i'll snap some pictures...