E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Asia

Asia

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-24-2014, 01:13 AM   #21
chirachai

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1395641612.727892.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	551158

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
chirachai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:55 AM   #22
GunM3

My Ride: E46 M3
Checking in say hi to all

Last edited by GunM3; 04-18-2014 at 03:59 AM.
GunM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:50 AM   #23
JJSIAM

My Ride: E46 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunM3 View Post
Checking in say hi to all
Hi mate. New member from Phuket with a 2001 330i. Looking to mod extensively! What's your ride?
JJSIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:42 PM   #24
Tat2

Hey, I got a 2009 E92 320i Msport style with 30k on the clock. I'm looking to make some upgrades, power, suspension, wheels etc, any info/advice would greatly appreciated.

Tat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:34 AM   #25
JJSIAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2 View Post
Hey, I got a 2009 E92 320i Msport style with 30k on the clock. I'm looking to make some upgrades, power, suspension, wheels etc, any info/advice would greatly appreciated.

Best advice Ive had has been from reading the posts - and I mean alot of reading! Taking your time and spending on what NEEDS to be done first, rather than what you may want to do first! Are you located in Thailand? This will make it more challenging....
Old 09-01-2014, 01:00 AM   #26
Tat2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJSIAM View Post
Best advice Ive had has been from reading the posts - and I mean alot of reading! Taking your time and spending on what NEEDS to be done first, rather than what you may want to do first! Are you located in Thailand? This will make it more challenging....

Yeah I live in Thailand, and I've done lots of reading already. The car looks good already and performance is ok for what it is(320i). Need to get new air filters, and would like to upgrade the exhaust. Recently watched a video on YouTube about a 320i in japan, work done on it by Studie and had BlueWave exhaust and the air intake sounded great. I'll try find the link to it

Old 09-01-2014, 01:03 AM   #27
Tat2

Old 09-01-2014, 05:12 AM   #28
JJSIAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2 View Post
Yeah I live in Thailand, and I've done lots of reading already. The car looks good already and performance is ok for what it is(320i). Need to get new air filters, and would like to upgrade the exhaust. Recently watched a video on YouTube about a 320i in japan, work done on it by Studie and had BlueWave exhaust and the air intake sounded great. I'll try find the link to it

That does sound pretty awesome! I doubt Bluewave exhausts have a Thai distributor.. I did find their website if thats helpful http://bluewave-racing.com/bmw_mini/04.html but my Japanese is about as good as....my Japanese!

Id suggest looking on the forums for a used unit most likely in the U.S as new they cost approx. 40,000 Baht. I have bought this way before and it has worked out well with goods being shipped via Fed Ex or another courier. smaller packages tend to slip under the radar but an exhaust will attract 30% duty on the stated value of the goods & shipping & insurance. As for the intake I have recently ordered an afe intake for my E46 from Turner motorsports in the U.S - good operators. Im also awaiting headers which will delete the Cats but free up some power and sound much better
Old 09-06-2014, 05:16 AM   #29
Tat2

JJSIAM thanks for your input.
It does awesome. I see there's a Studie sticker on the car, there's also a Studie in BKK or maybe it's an affiliate of them it's RSR Automotive, I'm going to contact them to see if they can give any info/advice.
I would prefer to buy new rather than used, 40k isn't that expensive, but as you say it's the import taxes that can hurt, so probably I'll bring the parts back with me from UK when I go over in the next few weeks. ( I had a used radiator imported for my CBR 600RR, and the taxes were nearly the same as what I paid for the rad).
I would like to get a full system/new headers/de-cat, etc etc, similar to what your doing.
I'd like to see/hear how yours is when completed.

Old 09-08-2014, 08:57 AM   #30
JJSIAM

No worries. Getting it yourself from the UK is definately the best idea, though could be bulky/heavy. If you have space for more parts in your suitcase let me know! I'm still awaiting headers (ordered out of UK) and DME tuning from AA in the US before I can start the next raft of upgrades. look forward to seeing the results and of course happy to share!