E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:04 PM   #181
tom @ eas
european auto source

My Ride: e92 S/C M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staszek View Post
I dont have the ice right now are there other connectors I need to buy besides the $159 unit?

We have a specific kit for Sirius users that include the correct harness:

DICE iPod Integration Kit for BMW with Sirius
http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...roducts_id=285
Old 09-08-2006, 07:07 PM   #182
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsingh08 View Post
02 M3 Ipod Photo Dice install issue

Hi, I just installed my Dice kit using the instructions for the e46 coupe. I am unable to get the business cd to recognize my Ipod. The fw on the it is 1.2.1. I pulled the fuses before install. I think i've done everything by the book. I am able to get the head unit to go the CD changer mode which of course was not the case prior to the install, so this tell me that the head unit now recognizes a cd change. The dice unit feels warm so seem like something has happened. The first time when I went to CD change mode, disc 01 track 01 flashed on the unit and then it read detached. I then proceeded to reboot the ipod and plugged it back and turned on the head unit. This time it just blinks disc and track number and goes back to the time. Some assistance would be appreciated.
It would sound like there is a bad conenction between the iPod and the docking cable or the docking cable and the DICE module. Recheck your connections to be sure.

Also, remove any protective sleeves from the iPod in case it is blocking the dock conenctor port.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:19 PM   #183
piercej

My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
One the DICE, the AUX or iPod is active - but not both. The only way to get the audio into the system is by tapping your factory wiring.
Thanks for the info. I may just have to look into that.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:41 PM   #184
trixter11

My Ride: 2004 Carbon Black M3
Quote:
Have you verified the songs you are playing have text embedded? Check the iPod to see if there the song is displayed.
Yes the songs I'm playing have text embedded. That's not the problem. Sometimes the name will show up just fine, and then sometimes there will be no name at all. Also, many times when I choose a song from either the ipod or the nav the song will not play until I either go back and forward again to the track or restart the ipod. I'm also still having the song hiccup issues.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:47 PM   #185
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixter11 View Post
Yes the songs I'm playing have text embedded. That's not the problem. Sometimes the name will show up just fine, and then sometimes there will be no name at all. Also, many times when I choose a song from either the ipod or the nav the song will not play until I either go back and forward again to the track or restart the ipod. I'm also still having the song hiccup issues.
Still sounds like an initialization issue. Does your BMW have Bluetooth?
Old 09-14-2006, 04:46 AM   #186
goowatchi

My Ride: tiag step 330ci
Send a message via AIM to goowatchi
For those who have a significant lag time (mine was ~5 seconds if I wanted to change tracks right away), I found a solution to reduce it to a 1-2 second lag.

I uploaded both firmware versions of the icelink update, namely v2.07 and v2.b2, into my video iPod. This reduced the lag time between track changes to near minimum.

I hope this helps some of you!

Ice>link v2.07:http://www.densionusa.com/support_fi...us_fw_v207.zip

Ice>link v2.b2:http://www.densionusa.com/support_fi...e_link_2b2.zip
Old 09-14-2006, 11:43 AM   #187
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by goowatchi View Post
For those who have a significant lag time (mine was ~5 seconds if I wanted to change tracks right away), I found a solution to reduce it to a 1-2 second lag.

I uploaded both firmware versions of the icelink update, namely v2.07 and v2.b2, into my video iPod. This reduced the lag time between track changes to near minimum.

I hope this helps some of you!

Ice>link v2.07:http://www.densionusa.com/support_fi...us_fw_v207.zip

Ice>link v2.b2:http://www.densionusa.com/support_fi...e_link_2b2.zip
This should have nothing to do with the DICE kit. Lag time is usually related to other issues (ie: battery not disconnected before installation) and not firmware.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:10 PM   #188
TypeRvirus

My Ride: 04|325CI|ALPINEWHITE
Send a message via AIM to TypeRvirus Send a message via Yahoo to TypeRvirus
sometime my dice unit will not response to the radio command, next track, next play list, it says INT *** and i do have the lastest fireware... already tried resetting the ipod..
Old 09-15-2006, 06:29 PM   #189
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeRvirus View Post
sometime my dice unit will not response to the radio command, next track, next play list, it says INT *** and i do have the lastest fireware... already tried resetting the ipod..
A constant INIT message would tell me your firmware is old or that the DICE is not communicating with the iPod.

Here's what I recommend:

1. Disconnect iPod from cable
2. Remove battery cables, negative first
3. Touch battery cable terminals together (away from battery) for +5 seconds, a small spark is normal as this is stored power draining from the system.
4. Allow cables to remain disconnected for about 5-7 minutes
5. Reconnect battery cables onto battery, negative last.
6. Reboot iPod by pressing on MENU and CENTER buttons for +5 seconds and then reconnecting to the DICE cable after the reboot process is completed.

Let me know if these steps correct the problem. If not, we'll need to know the firmware and generation of your iPod.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:58 PM   #190
trixter11

My Ride: 2004 Carbon Black M3
Quote:
Still sounds like an initialization issue. Does your BMW have Bluetooth?
Yes I do have bluetooth.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:07 PM   #191
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixter11 View Post
Yes I do have bluetooth.
You have an old firmware that needs updating. Please email me with your full name and a short description of your problem and I'll make the necessary arrangements to have it updated.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:25 PM   #192
l2dopel

My Ride: 01' 325i
hey tom i've been having MAJOR problems with the icelink i purchased from another member. it shorts out my radio during play. i cant figure out what the problem is. maybe you can help. thanks. also i dont know if i can upgrade to icelink plus.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:31 PM   #193
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2dopel View Post
hey tom i've been having MAJOR problems with the icelink i purchased from another member. it shorts out my radio during play. i cant figure out what the problem is. maybe you can help. thanks. also i dont know if i can upgrade to icelink plus.
Anwsered in correct forum: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...21#post4877821
Old 09-16-2006, 03:50 PM   #194
JIGAR29

My Ride: 2004 330xi
TRUNK IPOD problem

Im having problem locating a 6 pin wire in my trunk. I FOUND THE 3 pin but along with the three pin was just a Purple harness with a Single pin plug. Please advice somebody. I need to fix this by MONDAY.

Also I wanted to know where some of you mount the actual Interface Module?

And where do you run the wire to have the ipod in the center console.

Thanks
Old 09-16-2006, 05:50 PM   #195
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIGAR29 View Post
Im having problem locating a 6 pin wire in my trunk. I FOUND THE 3 pin but along with the three pin was just a Purple harness with a Single pin plug. Please advice somebody. I need to fix this by MONDAY.

Also I wanted to know where some of you mount the actual Interface Module?

And where do you run the wire to have the ipod in the center console.

Thanks

You are looking at the wrong set of connectors - we have detailed installation manuals at this link:

http://www.europeanautosource.com/su...nter/index.php
Old 09-17-2006, 12:04 AM   #196
JIGAR29

My Ride: 2004 330xi
Alright I found the correct one. Thanks on that.

Another problem is that I can't hear any of the music after I connect the wires to the ipod and the module.

I am using a Nano ipod. I don't what is wrong wiht the audio. All connections seem to be fine.

Please advise.

Thanks.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:05 AM   #197
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIGAR29 View Post
Alright I found the correct one. Thanks on that.

Another problem is that I can't hear any of the music after I connect the wires to the ipod and the module.

I am using a Nano ipod. I don't what is wrong wiht the audio. All connections seem to be fine.

Please advise.

Thanks.
You need to reboot the nano. Reboot iPod by pressing on MENU and CENTER buttons for +5 seconds and then reconnecting to the DICE cable.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:30 PM   #198
DMXtremeZHP

Location: Ridgewood NJ, Long Branch NJ, NYC, Boston, MA, Edgewater NJ
My Ride: 04 330i ZHP & 13 S4
Send a message via AIM to DMXtremeZHP
I've been so busy the past 3 weeks Tom, I tried calling you a couple times I think I left a message once. I wanted to see if you could help me with the hiccup issue. Do you recommend doing the disconnect battery steps and leave disconnected for 5-7 min? I tried menu + center reset, doesn't help. But I noticed the hiccup, sometimes the ipod just stalls and no sound comes out. Any input? Thanks

2004 330i w/navi & assist, no bluetooth

I also noticed another bug, I'm not sure if this was addressed. When I have it on shuffle songs mode, and say I'm over in the hundreds already, I turn off the car, then turn it on when I get back in, the car doesn't recognize the number of the song or the title, so I have to change the songs via ipod. I'm not sure if that's a bug or maybe also related to my hiccup issue. But otherwise titles come up and everything, it's mainly the hiccup that I'm concerned about. Thanks

Modified* 2004 Silver Gray BMW 330i ZHP
Rogue Engineering|aFe|H&R|Hotchkis|Dinan|Shark|JL|DICE|etc.

FOR SALE!!! PM OR EMAIL ME: wjn126@gmail.com

Garage:
2013 Audi S4|2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit|2008 Mercedes-Benz ML550|2008 BMW X5 3.0si|2011 Mercedes-Benz SL550
Old 09-19-2006, 05:22 PM   #199
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMXtremeZHP View Post
I've been so busy the past 3 weeks Tom, I tried calling you a couple times I think I left a message once. I wanted to see if you could help me with the hiccup issue. Do you recommend doing the disconnect battery steps and leave disconnected for 5-7 min? I tried menu + center reset, doesn't help. But I noticed the hiccup, sometimes the ipod just stalls and no sound comes out. Any input? Thanks
If power was never disconnected during the initial installation, I recommend the following:

1. Disconnect iPod from cable
2. Remove battery cables, negative first
3. Touch battery cable terminals together (away from battery) for +5 seconds, a small spark is normal as this is stored power draining from the system.
4. Allow cables to remain disconnected for about 5-7 minutes
5. Reconnect battery cables onto battery, negative last.
6. Reboot iPod by pressing on MENU and CENTER buttons for +5 seconds and then reconnecting to the DICE cable after the reboot process is completed.

Removing the battery cables is critical to initialization, not just a safety step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMXtremeZHP View Post
I also noticed another bug, I'm not sure if this was addressed. When I have it on shuffle songs mode, and say I'm over in the hundreds already, I turn off the car, then turn it on when I get back in, the car doesn't recognize the number of the song or the title, so I have to change the songs via ipod. I'm not sure if that's a bug or maybe also related to my hiccup issue. But otherwise titles come up and everything, it's mainly the hiccup that I'm concerned about. Thanks
The song number doesn't always point to the exact position in the playlist in shuffle mode, since the iPod is randomizing. As for the pausing, try removing the battery cables to see if that fixes the issue.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:35 PM   #200
DMXtremeZHP

Location: Ridgewood NJ, Long Branch NJ, NYC, Boston, MA, Edgewater NJ
My Ride: 04 330i ZHP & 13 S4
Send a message via AIM to DMXtremeZHP
I'm pretty sure me and my friend disconnected the battery before installation, but I'll do this procedure when I get a chance, will let you know if it solves the problem, thanks again Tom

Modified* 2004 Silver Gray BMW 330i ZHP
Rogue Engineering|aFe|H&R|Hotchkis|Dinan|Shark|JL|DICE|etc.

FOR SALE!!! PM OR EMAIL ME: wjn126@gmail.com

Garage:
2013 Audi S4|2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit|2008 Mercedes-Benz ML550|2008 BMW X5 3.0si|2011 Mercedes-Benz SL550
Closed Thread