E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:00 PM   #3241
caliboy

My Ride: 2004 325Ci
hi Tom, my wire that plugs into the ipod is going bad. how much is a new one?
Old 03-10-2011, 12:31 PM   #3242
tom @ eas
european auto source

My Ride: e92 S/C M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliboy View Post
hi Tom, my wire that plugs into the ipod is going bad. how much is a new one?
DICE no longer offers docking cables separately.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:33 PM   #3243
caliboy

My Ride: 2004 325Ci
nooooooooo way...so i have to buy a new kit just to get the wire ? that is stupid of them! i guess thats the last time i buy anything from them!
Old 03-10-2011, 02:33 PM   #3244
TheFirst&Last

My Ride: 2000 323i
Where can I get the AUX cable for the silverline DUO, seems like nobody has them?
Old 03-10-2011, 02:49 PM   #3245
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirst&Last View Post
Where can I get the AUX cable for the silverline DUO, seems like nobody has them?
Have not yet been released, will be coming by end of April.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:10 PM   #3246
iKingTrust

My Ride: 2003 325xi
can i still use this dice system if i didnt even have a CD changer? i have a 2003 325xi
Old 03-14-2011, 12:20 PM   #3247
ivan300

My Ride: 2002 325i
My Dice Silverline Duo Review (Radio harness tested with iPhone 4)

I installed the unit this friday. It took me about 2 hours. (I have never taken the e46 dash apart at this point) The dash/radio removal was very easy if you follow the DIYs. The only issue I had was fitting the harness behind the radio. After cutting my hand countless times and trimming the plastic connector I managed to get it fit without cutting the central vent support. Keeping in mind I have installed countless sound systems, I found this a huge pain in the but to do. I would definitely recommend getting the trunk harness. It does take a little bit longer but you will not be as frustrated and cut up.

The Good:
  • Sounds great, only a small amount of noise. I can only hear it when the phone is not playing any music and the volume is fairly high.
  • Ability to control the iPhone through the steering wheel. I was surprised that I was able to control third part applications such as Steamtome.
  • The interface is very good considering what they had to work with.

The Bad:
  • Esthetically the unit feels VERY cheap. The insides of the unit rattled. I had to open it and stuff in a small peace of foam to prevent it.
  • I feel that the input connector on the unit will break off if the cable is plugged in more than 10x. It has a good amount of play.
  • The Ipod cable is overly thick. The connector is monstrous. It will not fit with many cases. I am hoping they did this for durability. Time will tell.

Over all I am pleased with the unit. I would not recommend the Radio harness for most people. I wish for them to make more of Apple style connector/cable for the unit. I would pay extra for this.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:35 PM   #3248
Dan99

My Ride: 2001 330xi
I have a case over my iphone 4, and I'm using the dice now for about a year now. I was just wondering if you guys have any recommendation on solving the issue of fitting the ipod cable to my iphone without sanding down the tip of the wire?
Old 03-16-2011, 12:09 PM   #3249
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan99 View Post
I have a case over my iphone 4, and I'm using the dice now for about a year now. I was just wondering if you guys have any recommendation on solving the issue of fitting the ipod cable to my iphone without sanding down the tip of the wire?
Unfortunately, the connectors used on the SL PRO/DUO kits do have the larger bulkhead.

MediaBridge kits allow the use of the OEM Apple connector, which is much slimmer.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:55 PM   #3250
ivan300

My Ride: 2002 325i
Would something like this work?

Old 03-17-2011, 02:02 PM   #3251
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan300 View Post

I don't see why not. If it does, be sure to report back!
Old 03-20-2011, 05:38 AM   #3252
Dan99

My Ride: 2001 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan300 View Post

I've heard of some mixed reviews on these, if you buy the cheap version.. Some say that it charges, but won't play any music through it. Some say that it's incompatible with the iphone 4.

On the other hand, there's another extension adapter that has some good reviews: (CableJive dockStubz) Found this on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/CableJive-dock.../ref=pd_cp_e_1

It may be a little more expensive than the extension cable but I think it'd be the more cleaner set-up for our dice setup.

oh btw, I find it pretty cool that pandora radio works through the dice...free satellite music >>>>

Last edited by Dan99; 03-20-2011 at 05:39 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:12 AM   #3253
wewe

My Ride: 03 325i
Connecting problem

I recently bought Dice Silver Line pro trunk mount and installed it last weekend. It was installed by a professional so i'm pretty sure it was installed correctly. After the installation the device worked perfectly fine.

And then the problem starts later on after i switch the engine off for a while and switch it back on, ipod is not charging and the headunit can't recognise the ipod. I did try to press the button "MODE" on the headunit but the display showing "NO DISC".

Generally, i have to wait until the next day to make the module works again. but after i switch the engine off, the problem starts again. It happens over and over again.

My car is e46 325i facelift sedan 2003 model.

Any idea what is wrong with the module?? is it because of faulty module or incorrect installation??
Has anyone come across to this problem??
Old 03-24-2011, 11:52 AM   #3254
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by wewe View Post
I recently bought Dice Silver Line pro trunk mount and installed it last weekend. It was installed by a professional so i'm pretty sure it was installed correctly. After the installation the device worked perfectly fine.

And then the problem starts later on after i switch the engine off for a while and switch it back on, ipod is not charging and the headunit can't recognise the ipod. I did try to press the button "MODE" on the headunit but the display showing "NO DISC".

Generally, i have to wait until the next day to make the module works again. but after i switch the engine off, the problem starts again. It happens over and over again.

My car is e46 325i facelift sedan 2003 model.

Any idea what is wrong with the module?? is it because of faulty module or incorrect installation??
Has anyone come across to this problem??
I would recommend contacting DICE to speak directly with a technician on your issue.

DICE can be contacted at 888.342.3999 or by email at http://diceelectronics.com/product-support.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:20 PM   #3255
ghorn

My Ride: 330ci
After years in my trunk, I finally wired the ipod to my center console. I will no longer be a slave to "shuffle." Why did I wait this long? No good reason lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:35 PM   #3256
mozm3

My Ride: LSB E46 M3
Hello Everyone

Let em start by saying, YES, I have searched

I purchased a DICE form a member on another forum. I received it today, and hooked it up to test it. When i plugged in my iphone (3GS with 4.2 software), it says that the device is not optimized for use with the iphone. when I press "mode" on the radio, it goes to the CD, or radio, it does not communicate with the DICE at all. Am I doing something wrong? i searched and couldn't come up with anything. Any help is appreciated.

PS: i have a 2002 M3 if that makes any difference in the radio.

Thank you
Old 03-27-2011, 08:02 AM   #3257
mozm3

My Ride: LSB E46 M3
Ok, got it to work (the fuse was blown, and it was the last thing i thought of), but it wont charge my 3GS. After searching, I'm guessing I need an adapter (like the one pictured above) or a new cable. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:37 PM   #3258
JHS

My Ride: '04 M3, '08 LR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post

Mediabridge does not come with an iPod interface cable (USB). Your original iPod docking cable is used, or we have replacements in stock if needed.

Yes, Bluetooth is an option if desired.
HI, I've just read about 15 threads worth of information on this stuff, but have a few more questions.

If you get MediaBridge with bluetooth, do you still have the ability to pair your phone with another device (like one of those earbud bluetooth things) if you decide the bluetooth through the speakers isn't useful (my M3 is a convertible and I'm worried that at speed with the top down the through-the-speakers bluetooth will be downed out by the noise (without my screaming). (Anyone have experience with that issue, BTW?)

Also, with the trunk install, I might be confused, but does it come with a cable to run from the trunk to the driver's area? I obviously see your post about using the iPod docking cable, but no iPod docking cable that has ever come with any of my iPods would be long enough to stretch from the trunk to the front of the car. Am I missing something? I don't want to have to leave my iPod in the trunk, that would totally defeat the purpose...

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:19 AM   #3259
tim330i
Owner/Admin

My Ride: 03 Ti Silver M3
Please re-post your questions in the new DICE Q/A thread here - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=833564

Tim
Closed Thread