E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:49 PM   #21
Ddog911

My Ride: 06 M3, 05 Cayenne S
How do I get the text to appear on my Nav? I have the Ipod Nano with the Icelink Plus...thanks Tom!
Old 07-04-2006, 04:54 PM   #22
tom @ eas
european auto source

My Ride: e92 S/C M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddog911
How do I get the text to appear on my Nav? I have the Ipod Nano with the Icelink Plus...thanks Tom!
Anwsered in ice>Link-specific thread: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...32#post4559032
Old 07-04-2006, 06:14 PM   #23
gyoung_06

My Ride: 02 330Ci
My battery died from DICE....
Old 07-04-2006, 06:23 PM   #24
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyoung_06
My battery died from DICE....
Not sure how this would happen - the iPod stops charging and the DICE module goes in sleep mode when the key is turned off.

How have you determined the DICE module was to blame?
Old 07-05-2006, 01:05 PM   #25
quickturtle

My Ride: 330CI
Hey Tom,

Sorry about responding so late, it's been a bit busy at work.

Yes, it is still clicking after the ipod is unplugged. However, when I unplug the dice unit, the clicking does go away. I can use my pda to record a sound clip for you if want.

Also, anything new aboout the hissing sound that I reported? Anyone else hearing this (hissing or clicking) besides myself and the board member that PM'ed me?

Thanks!
Old 07-05-2006, 02:04 PM   #26
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickturtle
Hey Tom,

Sorry about responding so late, it's been a bit busy at work.

Yes, it is still clicking after the ipod is unplugged. However, when I unplug the dice unit, the clicking does go away. I can use my pda to record a sound clip for you if want.

Also, anything new aboout the hissing sound that I reported? Anyone else hearing this (hissing or clicking) besides myself and the board member that PM'ed me?

Thanks!
Send me the audio clip if handy. I can be reached at tom@europeanautosource.com, if you can describe the button commands you are using at the same time - this would be helpful.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:27 PM   #27
nyuk

My Ride: Silver 2000 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas
Do you have a friend with an iPod you can test on the system? this will determine whether the problem is iPod or DICE-related.
OK, I tested an ipod mini this afternoon. no sound. I did notice that on both the nano and the mini that the name of the playlist doesn't show up just the numbers (e.g. 1-01, 2-01, etc).

Any ideas?
Old 07-05-2006, 04:30 PM   #28
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk
OK, I tested an ipod mini this afternoon. no sound. I did notice that on both the nano and the mini that the name of the playlist doesn't show up just the numbers (e.g. 1-01, 2-01, etc).

Any ideas?
The DICE does not offer Playlist display, only the ice>Link offered this. The sound could be from the iPod not being fully unlocked - perform a reboot on the iPod (MENU and center buttons for +5 seconds) and reconnect to the DICE system.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:19 PM   #29
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwormweb
Tom,
Emailed you before regarding my unit and receiving it only to be DOA, then got a new one and had a friend who worked for dension install it into my glove compartment and run all the wires from my trunk for me. Then the AC problems had me take my car to BMW not knowing they were dice related and still under warrenty they replaced the controls and everything worked great.....until.....dice stopped responding. I got a new one and swapped out the old one. Now i am getting serious hicup noises between and during tracks. Most of the time the sound of the music drowns it out, but in some cases where songs start soft you can hear it. You can also hear a wheezing with start up. I want to say it is caused by installation, but i did not have this problem with the other one. Any suggestions?
If the battery is not disconnected during installation - you will get these pauses/delays between button commands.

On a most serious note, nothing should have had to be replaced from BMW - the DICE does not reprogram any devices, only communicates with them via ibus. There is no way anything could have been damaged - something smells fishy with your dealer, I'd look further into it.

Quote:
After reading some more of the forum, i also realized that my sound corresponds to my ipods backlight as well. When the backlight is on, the sound disappears. I saw this on another forum and wanted to see if you guys had a solution for this problem?
I have not heard this issue, and can't seem to replicate it on a test bench or my own vehicle. What type iPod are you using and does the same behavior result with a different iPod (friends)?
Old 07-09-2006, 05:06 PM   #30
bigwormweb

My Ride: 2000 BMW 325i
Tom,
Old 07-09-2006, 05:11 PM   #31
bigwormweb

at the time i did not realize the AC problems were related to dice as i did not know of this forum. So i had BMW replace the AC controls only cause they were still under warrenty. I believe that there were nothing wrong with the old AC controls but i had them replace the controls just cause they were under warrenty. I have ipod video 60gb with the updated firmware. I tried it with a friends and same results. Trust me i will totally vouch for the performance of the dice and i think it is an elite device, and i heard and saw it work on the old one before it died and i got the new box with the new firmware on it. Just ever since i got this box i get that noise in the background. I hope it could be resolved. Could it be a problem with the box again? Should i get it replaced by dice? LET ME REITERATE TO THE READERS!!!! THESE PROBLEMS ARE TO BE EXPECTED EARLY ON IN THE LIFE OF SUCH A DEVICE, BUT THIS PRODUCT IS E-L-I-T-E!!!!!! AWESOME!
Old 07-09-2006, 05:25 PM   #32
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
at the time i did not realize the AC problems were related to dice as i did not know of this forum. So i had BMW replace the AC controls only cause they were still under warrenty. I believe that there were nothing wrong with the old AC controls but i had them replace the controls just cause they were under warrenty. I have ipod video 60gb with the updated firmware. I tried it with a friends and same results. Trust me i will totally vouch for the performance of the dice and i think it is an elite device, and i heard and saw it work on the old one before it died and i got the new box with the new firmware on it. Just ever since i got this box i get that noise in the background. I hope it could be resolved. Could it be a problem with the box again? Should i get it replaced by dice? LET ME REITERATE TO THE READERS!!!! THESE PROBLEMS ARE TO BE EXPECTED EARLY ON IN THE LIFE OF SUCH A DEVICE, BUT THIS PRODUCT IS E-L-I-T-E!!!!!! AWESOME!
The background light noise you are speaking of - did you get this with the old module?
Old 07-09-2006, 06:13 PM   #33
bigwormweb

Nope the old module was crystal clear and most amazing. This is how i can speak and testify to the greatness of this device.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:16 PM   #34
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Nope the old module was crystal clear and most amazing. This is how i can speak and testify to the greatness of this device.
Sounds like we just narrowed it down to the module, I would recommend getting the module exchanged for a new one.

Hard to tell who's who from the screen names, if you purchased from us directly - contact me via email and we'll get that exchanged for you.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:26 PM   #35
bigwormweb

Tom,
Just emailed you.....put bigwormweb in the subject line!
Old 07-09-2006, 07:24 PM   #36
alphabetsoop

My Ride: 2003 ZHP
I don't have the fold down seats and cannot figure out how to remove the backrest of the back seat.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:28 PM   #37
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabetsoop
I don't have the fold down seats and cannot figure out how to remove the backrest of the back seat.
We have a full tutorial posted on the support section of our website:

http://www.europeanautosource.com/su...mod_id=2&id=40
Old 07-12-2006, 04:19 PM   #38
Eduardo1971

My Ride: 2004 330i ZHP
question

Tom, I've noticed that someone else on the board is offering the DICE kit and installation.

Does your company also installs the DICE kit? I'm interested in finally getting the kit but wanted it to be installed. What component do I have to buy so that Album picture's show up on my navigation screen?

Cheers.

e.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:38 PM   #39
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo1971
Tom, I've noticed that someone else on the board is offering the DICE kit and installation.

Does your company also installs the DICE kit? I'm interested in finally getting the kit but wanted it to be installed. What component do I have to buy so that Album picture's show up on my navigation screen?

Cheers.

e.
We do perform mobile installations. Unfortunately, the iPod does not allow album art to be displayed onto the NAV screen.

We have the most experience in iPod integration, as well as provide tech support for DICE directly as well as offer tech support for the devices - even if not purchased directly from us.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:12 PM   #40
Eduardo1971

My Ride: 2004 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas
We do perform mobile installations. Unfortunately, the iPod does not allow album art to be displayed onto the NAV screen.

We have the most experience in iPod integration, as well as provide tech support for DICE directly as well as offer tech support for the devices - even if not purchased directly from us.
Tom, is there an office where I can take my automobile for installation? How much do you charge? What's the warranty?

Another question: how is it that videos can be played on the navigation screen but album art cannot be displayed? Are photos able to be displayed on the navigation screen?

Cheers!