E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:33 PM   #961
tom @ eas
european auto source

My Ride: e92 S/C M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmike View Post
Any way to get it to continue scrolling from the current playlist?
No, this is default by DICE.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:33 PM   #962
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasbeam View Post
All fuses are intact. Does it matter that I have 05 325Ci, premium sound package with DSP. Also i didnt get the 6CD Changer for the trunk. Also all the switches on the box are set to the off position. Also I plugged in the wire to the ipod jack not the aux jack. Everything is wired as your directions stated. What did I do wrong. My bus. cd has the mode button which I pressed twice already? What should i do?
The 3-series was never offered with DSP. Let's try reinitializing the device next:

1. Disconnect iPod from cable
2. Remove battery cables, negative first
3. Touch battery cable terminals together (away from battery) for +5 seconds, a small spark is normal as this is stored power draining from the system.
4. Allow cables to remain disconnected for about 5-7 minutes
5. Reconnect battery cables onto battery, negative last.
6. Reboot iPod by pressing on MENU and CENTER buttons for +5 seconds and then reconnecting to the DICE cable after the reboot process is completed.

Let me know if these steps correct the problem.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:05 PM   #963
rasbeam

My Ride: 05' BMW 325Ci
Send a message via AIM to rasbeam Send a message via Yahoo to rasbeam
Still Stuck

Still at the same spot. What else can I try. I mean not even my 80Gig Video Ipod is recoginizing that is plugged in. Or am I able to bring up the AUX for the DiCE to be recognized?
Old 07-01-2007, 03:10 PM   #964
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Still at the same spot. What else can I try. I mean not even my 80Gig Video Ipod is recoginizing that is plugged in. Or am I able to bring up the AUX for the DiCE to be recognized?
Does the DICE appear as a mode when the MODE or CD button is pressed?
Old 07-01-2007, 03:12 PM   #965
rasbeam

Nope. I mean its not even like it is been installed. When I hit the mode it just goes between the radio station and the cd player, thats in dash
Old 07-01-2007, 03:17 PM   #966
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Nope. I mean its not even like it is been installed. When I hit the mode it just goes between the radio station and the cd player, thats in dash
With a multimeter, check for +12V at the middle wire from the 3-pin connector in your BMW with the key in the ON position. If good, check the brown wire at the 12-pin connector of the DICE harness

Also - verify if you are using the correct 3-pin connector. The correct connector (BMW side) has the brown wire in the #1 position, not the middle.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:21 PM   #967
rasbeam

Good and Good...Everything seems to have power. What should I do now?
Old 07-01-2007, 03:27 PM   #968
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Good and Good...Everything seems to have power. What should I do now?
There may be a problem with the module, contact me directly via email with your full name and we'll make arrangements to have it replaced.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:33 PM   #969
rasbeam

Email Sent. Thanks Tom for all your help. Look forward to get this working
Old 07-01-2007, 11:51 PM   #970
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfmiii View Post
i have an 05 M3 and have had a DICE installed for about 3 months. it has worked great. recently though, I have been hearing a feedback/hissing sound when music is playing (it's VERY noticeable when there is a pause in the music or if it is a live recording, when the audience is only there and the music hasnt started). It sounds absolutely horrible; worse than a cassette adapter! has anyone had this problem. thanks in advance!
Has anything changed within your system in the last 3 months?
Old 07-03-2007, 11:19 PM   #971
Miko_10

My Ride: 330i 5 Spd
what's the difference between the DICE and the BMW kit?
Old 07-04-2007, 02:27 PM   #972
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko_10 View Post
what's the difference between the DICE and the BMW kit?
The BMW kit and DICE have the same core functions (steering wheel/radio control), iPod charging and direct iPod connection), the DICE goes a bit further in features:

- Text display on your radio or navigation display
- unlimited Playlists (BMW kit is limited to only 5)
- ability to browse by song, album or Playlist
- Full control of iPod's Clickwheel (BMW kit locks out the wheel)
- Retains display on iPod (BMW kit places a logo in place)
- Integrated AUX input
- All iPod features are still functional (highest rated songs, play count, on-the-go playlists, etc)
- Easy installation, no vehicle rewiring required

DICE simply offers more features for the same amount of money.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:35 AM   #973
Miko_10

My Ride: 330i 5 Spd
Thanks Tom. I'll be ordering one soon.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:20 AM   #974
rsitnick

My Ride: 2009 328i x-Drive
DICE w/ Factory Aux

Hi,
I have a 2004 325xi with Business Radio and Factory AUX connector installed.
Seems the DICE and the HD radio kits also have AUX inputs.
How will this affect (if at all) the factory connection?
Do I get secondary AUX ports as well?

Thanks!
1979 Fiat Spider 2000

http://community.webshots.com/user/fiatz79
Old 07-05-2007, 10:47 AM   #975
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsitnick View Post
Hi,
I have a 2004 325xi with Business Radio and Factory AUX connector installed.
Seems the DICE and the HD radio kits also have AUX inputs.
How will this affect (if at all) the factory connection?
Do I get secondary AUX ports as well?

Thanks!
Ron,

If you have factory BMW AUX, this will remain active.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:32 AM   #976
FrankC

My Ride: BMW 330 xi 2003
DICE - Engine Noise - Problem Solved - Thanks Dice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
I would try a Ground Loop Isolator (GLI) since these are relatively inexpensive and can be purchased locally, some BMWs are more sensitive to engine noise than others. Here is a link to the version we offer on the website:

12 Amp Power Noise Filter
http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...roducts_id=309

Let me know if you have any further questions.
I reported my problem with engine noise, etc. to Dice and they sent me a replacement module at no cost - I plugged it in and it works as advertised. SWEEEET!!! Thanks Dice and Thanks Tom for all your work on this board - knock wood I won't be back looking at it again any time soon though
Old 07-06-2007, 12:30 AM   #977
fraylo

My Ride: -
Tom, scanned through this thread, looks like you've been very helpful, so thanks.

I just installed my dice ipod integration kit in my 2002 330Ci. I have the latest firmware installed on my iPod and everything seems to be working great.

However: when I change playlists, the playlist ALWAYS starts on the same song every time, and goes through the playlist the exact same way. shuffle is enabled on my ipod.

so for example, let's say I've got 3 playlists full of songs. Starting playlist 1 will begin playlist 1 sequence. if i switch to playlist 2, it will begin the playlist 2 sequence. switching back to playlist 1, start the exact same sequence as before (all songs in the same order), rather than reshuffling the songs (as I would expect if I clicked "play" on the playlist on the actual ipod).

Does this make sense? Is this just how the dice works? I'm pretty sure this happens even after turning off the car and turning it back on again in a few hours.

If this is how it acts, it seems like I will never get a shuffle on my playlists unless I manually shuffle it on the ipod somehow, or re-sync my ipod, since the playlists just go through in the same order again.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:26 AM   #978
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraylo View Post
Tom, scanned through this thread, looks like you've been very helpful, so thanks.

I just installed my dice ipod integration kit in my 2002 330Ci. I have the latest firmware installed on my iPod and everything seems to be working great.

However: when I change playlists, the playlist ALWAYS starts on the same song every time, and goes through the playlist the exact same way. shuffle is enabled on my ipod.

so for example, let's say I've got 3 playlists full of songs. Starting playlist 1 will begin playlist 1 sequence. if i switch to playlist 2, it will begin the playlist 2 sequence. switching back to playlist 1, start the exact same sequence as before (all songs in the same order), rather than reshuffling the songs (as I would expect if I clicked "play" on the playlist on the actual ipod).

Does this make sense? Is this just how the dice works? I'm pretty sure this happens even after turning off the car and turning it back on again in a few hours.

If this is how it acts, it seems like I will never get a shuffle on my playlists unless I manually shuffle it on the ipod somehow, or re-sync my ipod, since the playlists just go through in the same order again.
Give me a call from your BMW tomorrow morning and lets run down some tests in real time.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:54 PM   #979
yves

My Ride: E46 touring
hello ,can you tell me in detail what you just did ,i seem to have the same problem ,please help me out here !!!

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2007, 01:38 PM   #980
yves

My Ride: E46 touring
no sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by camfather View Post
I just installed mine and had NO SOUND but everything else was working. Turns out the lil white plug on the radio kit has pin 1 mislabled. Flipped the plug over and all is working fine now. It's ashame that plug fits both ways, cost me 3 hours in troubleshooting...
can you tell me please what color pin sould match what number?

i think i'm having the same problem,my connector is plugged the right way ,numbers on connector correspond to numbers on HU
Closed Thread