E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:48 PM   #981
tom @ eas
european auto source

My Ride: e92 S/C M3
black wire (cut) - pin 1
black wire (connected) - pin 2
white wire - pin 6
red wire - pin 7

If you do not have audio, turn the plug 180 degrees and it will work.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:06 PM   #982
SL Blak Soldier

My Ride: 3 Pedal SG S54B32
Send a message via AIM to SL Blak Soldier
do you guys have an extention for the cable? i looked on the eas site and i couldn't find it. the reason is because my brain is under the coinholder and my ipod in my sunglass tray and i get very little cable slack which gets super annoying sometimes.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:50 PM   #983
ronh95

My Ride: 2004 330i ZHP Sedan
Lost my AM after DICE....

I was able to get my DICE to work after some trouble at first (thanks Tom!), but since then, when I press 'AM', I get either 'MW1', 'MW2' or "LW1', 'LW2' on the display and can't tune in ESPN radio (710 in our area) or anything else familiar. It's like it's in a whole different frequency range now.

I've consulted the radio manual and it was useless. I've tried pressing all manner of buttons to get my normal 'AM' display and tuning capability/range, but to no avail?

Tom, have you or anyone else here run into this phenomenon? I'm at a loss...

Thanks, Ron
Old 07-09-2007, 01:31 AM   #984
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL Blak Soldier View Post
do you guys have an extention for the cable? i looked on the eas site and i couldn't find it. the reason is because my brain is under the coinholder and my ipod in my sunglass tray and i get very little cable slack which gets super annoying sometimes.
Sure do, here you go:

Extension cable for DICE iPod Dock connector (6 feet)
http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...roducts_id=878

This will give you the additional cable length you need.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:33 AM   #985
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronh95 View Post
I was able to get my DICE to work after some trouble at first (thanks Tom!), but since then, when I press 'AM', I get either 'MW1', 'MW2' or "LW1', 'LW2' on the display and can't tune in ESPN radio (710 in our area) or anything else familiar. It's like it's in a whole different frequency range now.

I've consulted the radio manual and it was useless. I've tried pressing all manner of buttons to get my normal 'AM' display and tuning capability/range, but to no avail?

Tom, have you or anyone else here run into this phenomenon? I'm at a loss...

Thanks, Ron
Ron,

For some reason, you are not in US mode any longer. Perform the following steps:

1. Turn Radio Off.
2. Turn Radio On.
3. Press and hold the "m" button for about 10 seconds.
4. Press < or > to navigate and + or - to change settings. May also need to press certain Preset buttons to change settings as well.
5. When you see Euro, change it to USA.
6. Turn radio off to exit.

Let me know if you should need further help.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:18 AM   #986
RamosSlvr330ci

My Ride: Silver 01 330ci
does the sound quality change at all with a really loud subwoofer because i get a lot of static when i turn the bass up while listening to the radio and skippage on my cd's... so i'm guessing that because it goes straight to it there should be no static or skipping right? or wrong?
Old 07-09-2007, 11:33 AM   #987
ronh95

My Ride: 2004 330i ZHP Sedan
Thanks Tom, I'll give that little procedure a shot at lunch today. I'm sure I'm in the 'Euro' mode now, although not sure why.

Thanks again for your support. But for this minor, correctable issue the DICE has been working well.

Ron
Old 07-10-2007, 03:42 PM   #988
ferrarix99

My Ride: 87 325e - 05 M3 Vert
from being in my cupholder the wire that connects to the ipod has become torn, i do not pull on it or anything, just from being in the cupholder the wire has shown signs of wear, i have only had the unit for about 3 months. Now when i press cd it doesnt even recognize that i have the dice, is this because its not connecting to the ipod?
Bimmerworld Epic Tune | OEM Euro Headers | CSL Brakes | B&B TriFlo | aFe SuperStock | PSS10 | Varrstoen TE37 | V1 | ZKW Lens Swap | Orion Golds
Want your car coded? PM me.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:50 PM   #989
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarix99 View Post
from being in my cupholder the wire that connects to the ipod has become torn, i do not pull on it or anything, just from being in the cupholder the wire has shown signs of wear, i have only had the unit for about 3 months. Now when i press cd it doesnt even recognize that i have the dice, is this because its not connecting to the ipod?
Can you remove the cables and inspect to see if there is any damage? Otherwise, reinitialize the DICE unit:

1. Disconnect iPod from cable
2. Remove battery cables, negative first
3. Touch battery cable terminals together (away from battery) for +5 seconds, a small spark is normal as this is stored power draining from the system.
4. Allow cables to remain disconnected for about 5-7 minutes
5. Reconnect battery cables onto battery, negative last.
6. Reboot iPod by pressing on MENU and CENTER buttons for +5 seconds and then reconnecting to the DICE cable after the reboot process is completed.

Let me know if these steps correct the problem.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:18 PM   #990
ferrarix99

ill do that as soon as i get home, but the wire is still torn maybe it will be ok. ill check back in a couple hours
Bimmerworld Epic Tune | OEM Euro Headers | CSL Brakes | B&B TriFlo | aFe SuperStock | PSS10 | Varrstoen TE37 | V1 | ZKW Lens Swap | Orion Golds
Old 07-10-2007, 05:31 PM   #991
dens

My Ride: 08 BMW R56
Hi Tom Im having a problem with my HD DIce on my 07 Z4 m coupe with NAV.

The Dice was working flawlessly before, until recently it stopped playing the music.So I restored and updated my 8gb Nano with the latest firmware on my Mac.

I followed your car battery reinitializing steps and rebooted the ipod.
On my NAV screen is showing "DICE Elect." but it doesnt play the music. Please help thanks!
Old 07-10-2007, 06:19 PM   #992
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by dens View Post
Hi Tom Im having a problem with my HD DIce on my 07 Z4 m coupe with NAV.

The Dice was working flawlessly before, until recently it stopped playing the music.So I restored and updated my 8gb Nano with the latest firmware on my Mac.

I followed your car battery reinitializing steps and rebooted the ipod.
On my NAV screen is showing "DICE Elect." but it doesnt play the music. Please help thanks!
The DICE is not seeing the iPod on the system, make sure the docking cable is seated firmly both on the iPod and DICE module.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:21 PM   #993
jss8422

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330i
Hi Tom. Two questions for you.

First of all, I recently went on a trip for a week and returned to a dead car battery. We jumped it and have had no further problems, but the only thing I can attribute the battery dieing to is my Dicelink. How long can I leave my car sitting, out of use, with the Dice Link hooked up?

Secondly, since I had this problem, I can't get the text/info to show up on my navi screen. Also, my steering wheel controls won't work. What's happened?

I'm using an iPod nano in my 2003 BMW 330i w/ navi. What settings should I have it on, as far as cd# and the right switches on the box switched?
Old 07-11-2007, 12:42 AM   #994
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by jss8422 View Post
Hi Tom. Two questions for you.

First of all, I recently went on a trip for a week and returned to a dead car battery. We jumped it and have had no further problems, but the only thing I can attribute the battery dieing to is my Dicelink. How long can I leave my car sitting, out of use, with the Dice Link hooked up?

Secondly, since I had this problem, I can't get the text/info to show up on my navi screen. Also, my steering wheel controls won't work. What's happened?

I'm using an iPod nano in my 2003 BMW 330i w/ navi. What settings should I have it on, as far as cd# and the right switches on the box switched?
You are using the hybrid term "Dicelink". Which do you have - the DICE or the ice>Link?
Old 07-11-2007, 02:28 PM   #995
jss8422

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
You are using the hybrid term "Dicelink". Which do you have - the DICE or the ice>Link?
Sorry, I have the DICE cradle.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:21 PM   #996
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by jss8422 View Post
Sorry, I have the DICE cradle.
DICE goes into a deep sleep mode when the ignition is shut down and also cuts charging to the iPod to conserve battery power.

Reinitialize the DICE module by performing the following steps:

1. Disconnect iPod from cable
2. Remove battery cables, negative first
3. Touch battery cable terminals together (away from battery) for +5 seconds, a small spark is normal as this is stored power draining from the system.
4. Allow cables to remain disconnected for about 5-7 minutes
5. Reconnect battery cables onto battery, negative last.
6. Reboot iPod by pressing on MENU and CENTER buttons for +5 seconds and then reconnecting to the DICE cable after the reboot process is completed.

Let me know if these steps correct the problem.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:10 AM   #997
ferrarix99

i tried your steps this morning but no luck is it because the cable that goes from the dice to the ipod is a little torn at the end?
Old 07-12-2007, 05:12 PM   #998
cjccww

My Ride: 2014 wrx, 2001 330i
hi the past owner of my car had best buy install a xm radio and now i can not fined the correct plugs for my dice ipod kit. i was wondering what exact wiring harness dose the dice kit plug in to? the one running from the head unit to the amp or from the amp to the cd changer? thanks.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:10 PM   #999
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarix99 View Post
i tried your steps this morning but no luck is it because the cable that goes from the dice to the ipod is a little torn at the end?
Can I see a picture of the cable showing the damage?
Old 07-12-2007, 06:12 PM   #1000
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjccww View Post
hi the past owner of my car had best buy install a xm radio and now i can not fined the correct plugs for my dice ipod kit. i was wondering what exact wiring harness dose the dice kit plug in to? the one running from the head unit to the amp or from the amp to the cd changer? thanks.
Depends on what XM kit you have. If you are using the XM Direct with the Blitzsafe SLD01 adapter, you can use the CD Changer connectors coming from that device.
Closed Thread