E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:22 AM   #161
Keem

My Ride: MB e320/Pink Jeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
The problem is within the radio, not the DICE kit. Only the 00-01 Blaupunkt radios experience this issue.
I disagree... the icelink seems to pause the ipod fine

//Custom SSR GT3 Syle Wheels//12" FI SSD//CarPC//
//Tein Coilovers//5% Tint//Aluminum ACS Pedals//
//2 JBL Amplifiers//CDT Components//ZHP//
Old 09-02-2006, 03:31 AM   #162
roymseafood

My Ride: 99 BMW 323i
Tom,

It's me Roy. I emailed you before regarding the clicking noise problem. I just wanted to post here so others who have the same problem can use it as reference. Anway, As I told you, I thought the clickin noises were gone and only happens at the beggining of my songs for few seconds. however, tonight when everything was quiet I listened closely to my songs and the noise was there all along. I unplugged my ipod and the clicking noise is still there. I pulled the fuses, Reset my ipod and still didn't work. I guess Quickturtle and Trixter11 aren't the only ones having this problem. Please let me know if there's a solution to this. I really love this Dice unit but the clicking noise just kills it. Please HELP. I'm local so if it's possible I can bring my car down and show you the problem. THANKS. By the way, I have Ipod Nano 2Gig with firmware version 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickturtle View Post
Tom,

I've verified my connections and have pulled the fuses that you have suggested only to find the same issues.

Regarding the clicking sound, I've plugged in another Ipod and still see the same thing. In fact, I still hearing clicking when NO Ipod is plugged.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Eddy

Last edited by roymseafood; 09-02-2006 at 03:41 AM.
Old 09-02-2006, 03:34 PM   #163
roymseafood

Tom,

It got worse now. it's not even working. All i'm getting now on the Radio Display is DICE ELEC-- Please help---What's going on? Neither Ipod or Aux works. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by roymseafood View Post
Tom,

It's me Roy. I emailed you before regarding the clicking noise problem. I just wanted to post here so others who have the same problem can use it as reference. Anway, As I told you, I thought the clickin noises were gone and only happens at the beggining of my songs for few seconds. however, tonight when everything was quiet I listened closely to my songs and the noise was there all along. I unplugged my ipod and the clicking noise is still there. I pulled the fuses, Reset my ipod and still didn't work. I guess Quickturtle and Trixter11 aren't the only ones having this problem. Please let me know if there's a solution to this. I really love this Dice unit but the clicking noise just kills it. Please HELP. I'm local so if it's possible I can bring my car down and show you the problem. THANKS. By the way, I have Ipod Nano 2Gig with firmware version 1.2
Old 09-03-2006, 04:19 PM   #164
tom @ eas
european auto source

My Ride: e92 S/C M3
Quote:
Tom,

It got worse now. it's not even working. All i'm getting now on the Radio Display is DICE ELEC-- Please help---What's going on? Neither Ipod or Aux works. .
Sounds like your dip switches are set to the ON position, switch them to the OFF position.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:49 PM   #165
roymseafood

Tom

I've never touched the switches yet. Just checked, they're all still in default positions which are all in off positions. I pulled the fuses again then tried switching them on and off but the problem still there. All I see is " DICE ELEC--" nothing works. Please HELP>.....

Quote:
Sounds like your dip switches are set to the ON position, switch them to the OFF position.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:40 PM   #166
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Tom

I've never touched the switches yet. Just checked, they're all still in default positions which are all in off positions. I pulled the fuses again then tried switching them on and off but the problem still there. All I see is " DICE ELEC--" nothing works. Please HELP>.....
Something is still powering the module. Perform the following steps:

1. Disconnect iPod from cable
2. Remove battery cables, negative first
3. Touch battery cable terminals together (away from battery) for +5 seconds, a small spark is normal as this is stored power draining from the system.
4. Allow cables to remain disconnected for about 5-7 minutes
5. Reconnect battery cables onto battery, negative last.
6. Reboot iPod by pressing on MENU and CENTER buttons for +5 seconds and then reconnecting to the DICE cable after the reboot process is completed.

Let me know if these steps correct the problem.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:00 AM   #167
roymseafood

Thanks a lot Tom. I followed your instructions and it's working now. The clicking noise still there when I change songs or when Ipod is unplugged though. It's not too bad. I can live with it. If you know the solution to it let me know. Again, thanks a lot and appreciate your help.

Quote:
Something is still powering the module. Perform the following steps:

1. Disconnect iPod from cable
2. Remove battery cables, negative first
3. Touch battery cable terminals together (away from battery) for +5 seconds, a small spark is normal as this is stored power draining from the system.
4. Allow cables to remain disconnected for about 5-7 minutes
5. Reconnect battery cables onto battery, negative last.
6. Reboot iPod by pressing on MENU and CENTER buttons for +5 seconds and then reconnecting to the DICE cable after the reboot process is completed.

Let me know if these steps correct the problem.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:47 PM   #168
trixter11

My Ride: 2004 Carbon Black M3
Quote:
It seems your nano is up to date.

Try rebooting the nano by pressing the MENU and CENTER buttons for +5 seconds and reconnecting to the DICE.
Tried this but it still doing the hiccup. It seems there are a lot of bugs with DICE. Many times it will not play a song and I have to restart the ipod. Also many times if I want to view the nav map by hitting that button next to INFO it will go to the map for a quick second than go back to the ipod screen. Help?
Old 09-05-2006, 10:25 PM   #169
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixter11 View Post
Tried this but it still doing the hiccup. It seems there are a lot of bugs with DICE. Many times it will not play a song and I have to restart the ipod. Also many times if I want to view the nav map by hitting that button next to INFO it will go to the map for a quick second than go back to the ipod screen. Help?
The NAV map is working normally, press MENU>>GPS Navigation>>Map on your right NAV dial to get into graphical map mode. As for the delay, try a different iPod to see which is causing the issue.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:04 PM   #170
trixter11

Quote:
The NAV map is working normally, press MENU>>GPS Navigation>>Map on your right NAV dial to get into graphical map mode. As for the delay, try a different iPod to see which is causing the issue.
Tried a different ipod today, still the same thing. Also, a lot of times when I go to the next song with either the ipod or nav the song will not play at all, and also many times the songs will not display the name of the song and will just display "CD1" and the track number. Help is appreciated.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:46 PM   #171
69 Ghost

My Ride: 330i
Tom I am having the same problem with my setup. I sent you a email yesterday with what I am seeing. I disconnected the battery last night and got 1 song to work before it started doing it again. It almost seems that my DICE is somehow stuck in the Aux mode. I came to work this morning and played with the settings. I am now on the INIT mode and my IPOD will light up and says it is playing a song but nothing. I get the Pause mode also and I try to select a song, artist-all, etc with no output. I am here in Long Beach and if you want me to come over to help you test this out I can. Meanwhile I will try one more battery disconnect and reboot the IPOD one more time..
Old 09-07-2006, 01:54 PM   #172
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 Ghost View Post
Tom I am having the same problem with my setup. I sent you a email yesterday with what I am seeing. I disconnected the battery last night and got 1 song to work before it started doing it again. It almost seems that my DICE is somehow stuck in the Aux mode. I came to work this morning and played with the settings. I am now on the INIT mode and my IPOD will light up and says it is playing a song but nothing. I get the Pause mode also and I try to select a song, artist-all, etc with no output. I am here in Long Beach and if you want me to come over to help you test this out I can. Meanwhile I will try one more battery disconnect and reboot the IPOD one more time..
Give me a call from your vehicle and we'll run down some basic troubleshooting.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:27 PM   #173
piercej

My Ride: 330i
Tom,

I have an interesting question. Is there anyway to have both the iPod and the AUX active at the same time? I have a Garmin Nuvi 350 that is a little tough to hear over the road noise and music and was wondering if there was a way to plug it into the AUX port and hear both my music and the Garmin directions at the same time.

Thanks!
Old 09-08-2006, 03:42 AM   #174
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercej View Post
Tom,

I have an interesting question. Is there anyway to have both the iPod and the AUX active at the same time? I have a Garmin Nuvi 350 that is a little tough to hear over the road noise and music and was wondering if there was a way to plug it into the AUX port and hear both my music and the Garmin directions at the same time.

Thanks!
One the DICE, the AUX or iPod is active - but not both. The only way to get the audio into the system is by tapping your factory wiring.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:56 AM   #175
trixter11

I still need some help on the issue i'm having.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:24 AM   #176
Staszek
Are we there yet??

My Ride: Now a daily drive
Send a message via AIM to Staszek
I am assuming this works with the OEM sirius like the ICE did. I dont see anything extra that has to be purchased on the site to make that work, maybe I missed it.

Whatelse do I need?

Euro Delivery Date 8/14: 2013 E93
///M3 -6MT
Old 09-08-2006, 04:04 PM   #177
sna77
OEM ///Member

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staszek View Post
I am assuming this works with the OEM sirius like the ICE did. I dont see anything extra that has to be purchased on the site to make that work, maybe I missed it.

Whatelse do I need?

I have it with OEM Sirius. If you have an IceLink hooked up now with OEM Sirius, the swap is easy. the connectors for the DICE and IceLink are identical. Just unplug one, then plug in the other. =)
Old 09-08-2006, 05:08 PM   #178
Staszek
Are we there yet??

My Ride: Now a daily drive
Send a message via AIM to Staszek
Quote:
Originally Posted by sna77 View Post
I have it with OEM Sirius. If you have an IceLink hooked up now with OEM Sirius, the swap is easy. the connectors for the DICE and IceLink are identical. Just unplug one, then plug in the other. =)
I dont have the ice right now are there other connectors I need to buy besides the $159 unit?

Euro Delivery Date 8/14: 2013 E93
///M3 -6MT
Old 09-08-2006, 07:17 PM   #179
jsingh08

My Ride: Intergra
02 M3 Ipod Photo Dice install issue

Hi, I just installed my Dice kit using the instructions for the e46 coupe. I am unable to get the business cd to recognize my Ipod. The fw on the it is 1.2.1. I pulled the fuses before install. I think i've done everything by the book. I am able to get the head unit to go the CD changer mode which of course was not the case prior to the install, so this tell me that the head unit now recognizes a cd change. The dice unit feels warm so seem like something has happened. The first time when I went to CD change mode, disc 01 track 01 flashed on the unit and then it read detached. I then proceeded to reboot the ipod and plugged it back and turned on the head unit. This time it just blinks disc and track number and goes back to the time. Some assistance would be appreciated.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:03 PM   #180
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixter11 View Post
I still need some help on the issue i'm having.
Have you verified the songs you are playing have text embedded? Check the iPod to see if there the song is displayed.
Closed Thread