E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-17-2007, 02:04 PM   #41
ROB_nGUYen

My Ride: '08 m5
Send a message via AIM to ROB_nGUYen
never mind
ROB_nGUYen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 02:05 PM   #42
ROB_nGUYen

My Ride: '08 m5
Send a message via AIM to ROB_nGUYen
thanks tom, found out when i turned on the radio and it didnt work lol...

rob
ROB_nGUYen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 03:26 PM   #43
RockerGuy

My Ride: Not a BMW
DICE keeps crashing.

My DICE keeps crashing. Can someone help me w/ that? After I play it for an hour the Head Unit cannot control the iPod anymore. In severe cases the system doesn't even work. When it crash only the volume will work on the HU, u cant skip tracks or albums, everything else for that matter.

Ps. I have a Dash installation.

Cheers

****Opps wrong thread. I will post in other thread also.

Last edited by RockerGuy; 01-08-2008 at 03:33 PM.
RockerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 03:35 PM   #44
tom @ eas
european auto source

My Ride: e92 S/C M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
My DICE keeps crashing. Can someone help me w/ that? After I play it for an hour the Head Unit cannot control the iPod anymore. In severe cases the system doesn't even work. When it crash only the volume will work on the HU, u cant skip tracks or albums, everything else for that matter.

Ps. I have a Dash installation.

Cheers

****Opps wrong thread. I will post in other thread also.
Likely it needs to be reinitialized. Perform the following steps:

1. Disconnect iPod from cable
2. Remove battery cables, negative first
3. Touch battery cable terminals together (away from battery) for +5 seconds, a small spark is normal as this is stored power draining from the system.
4. Allow cables to remain disconnected for about 5-7 minutes
5. Reconnect battery cables onto battery, negative last.
6. Reboot iPod by pressing on MENU and CENTER buttons for +5 seconds and then reconnecting to the DICE cable after the reboot process is completed.

Let me know if these steps correct the problem.
tom @ eas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 05:32 AM   #45
Slick-Vic

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3 Tiag
I was wondering instead of running the wires from the trunk to the glove box is it possible to set up the dice unit in the trunk instead saving the hassel of running the wire to the front or is it nessicary for the dice unit to be in the glove box? If you can control the tracks from the radio and steering wheel then theres no major reason for it to be in the front right? I didnt see in the DIY that you have to connect anything from the radio to the dice unit so thats why I'm asking this if I missed it and you do have to connect something sorry...thanks tho thinking about getting this now cus my CD player just broke on me last nite for some reason the cd got stuck while I was ejecting and it got stuck half way coming out so I pulled it out now when I try to feed a CD in it doesnt do anything lol

CF TMS cold air intake/UUC Rasp-x section I/StopTech stage II brake kit slotted rotors, SS brake lines/3 pc. AC Schnitzer rear spoiler/CF rear diffuser/Iforged Aeros 19x8.5x10/Smoked corners/Smoked EE LED tails/Matte Black kidney grills/Matte Black gills/Painted reflectors
Slick-Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 05:02 PM   #46
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick-Vic View Post
I was wondering instead of running the wires from the trunk to the glove box is it possible to set up the dice unit in the trunk instead saving the hassel of running the wire to the front or is it nessicary for the dice unit to be in the glove box? If you can control the tracks from the radio and steering wheel then theres no major reason for it to be in the front right? I didnt see in the DIY that you have to connect anything from the radio to the dice unit so thats why I'm asking this if I missed it and you do have to connect something sorry...thanks tho thinking about getting this now cus my CD player just broke on me last nite for some reason the cd got stuck while I was ejecting and it got stuck half way coming out so I pulled it out now when I try to feed a CD in it doesnt do anything lol
You can leave the iPod in the trunk, just remember to remove it if left parked on a hot day.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:53 AM   #47
RobbiGee

My Ride: 2001 330Ci
Tom,

Do you have any 'sister' retailers in the UK ?

Last edited by RobbiGee; 09-30-2008 at 09:19 AM.
RobbiGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:38 AM   #48
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiGee View Post
Tom,

Do you have any 'sister' retailers in the UK ?
No one I can recommend, but we ship to the UK every day - we've got you covered.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:23 AM   #49
danny330i

My Ride: 2003 330i
before you started anything anything did you have to disconnect the negative on the battery?
danny330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:21 AM   #50
farkas007

My Ride: 330ci M Sport
..do i need to route that cable to the glove box, or connections, ipod etc can be left in the trunk.... I just dont like the idea of spending whole day pulling my car apart to install ipod... ;(
farkas007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:19 AM   #51
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by farkas007 View Post
..do i need to route that cable to the glove box, or connections, ipod etc can be left in the trunk.... I just dont like the idea of spending whole day pulling my car apart to install ipod... ;(
It can be left in the trunk if you wish. I would recommend removing the iPod on hot days when summer arrives.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:48 AM   #52
WhippleDip

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330Ci
I just did this in my 330Ci, but I routed the cable under the passenger seat and up through the center console where the change holder was. I will add some pics later but it works great. The only issue is that I can't get the radio to work, it seems to be stuck on ipod mode. I have to still mess with the settings since I JUST installed it.
WhippleDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:05 PM   #53
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhippleDip View Post
I just did this in my 330Ci, but I routed the cable under the passenger seat and up through the center console where the change holder was. I will add some pics later but it works great. The only issue is that I can't get the radio to work, it seems to be stuck on ipod mode. I have to still mess with the settings since I JUST installed it.
DIP switches should all be in the UP positions.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:52 PM   #54
themendios

My Ride: 04 330ci
Is there anything like this for a Zune? Dice only lists ipod but for $15/mo unlimited music with my insanely varied tastes Zune makes more sense but I am hurting for music in the car.
themendios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:55 PM   #55
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by themendios View Post
Is there anything like this for a Zune? Dice only lists ipod but for $15/mo unlimited music with my insanely varied tastes Zune makes more sense but I am hurting for music in the car.
Nothing for the Zune, the iPod simply dominates the market.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:30 PM   #56
lkstaack

My Ride: 04 330iZHP, 05 325iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Likely it needs to be reinitialized.
Is "Reinitializing" an action that Silverline owners can expect to do on a routine basis?
Old 01-25-2010, 08:38 PM   #57
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkstaack View Post
Is "Reinitializing" an action that Silverline owners can expect to do on a routine basis?
No, but if there is an issue that presents itself - it's usually one of the first steps to make.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:27 PM   #58
lkstaack

My Ride: 04 330iZHP, 05 325iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by themendios View Post
Here is one Zune integration soulution that I found online. I don't know how well it works and the company doesn't describe it's operation in any detail. However, it is the best solution that I have found to date. I haven't yet found a docking solution that the Zune plug will fit into.

http://www.soundgate.com/index.php?r...usereferrer=1&
Old 06-17-2010, 06:23 PM   #59
jailonacs99

My Ride: 2011 335is
Moved to different thread.

Last edited by jailonacs99; 06-17-2010 at 06:27 PM.
jailonacs99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:54 AM   #60
CapdYa

My Ride: 2004 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Yes, we have other installs in our knowledgebase since this was posted: http://www.europeanautosource.com/su...nter/index.php
Link seems to be outdated... are there any new write-ups on the center console installation!? I want to be able to control my music through my iPod and it would work perfect there!