E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-24-2010, 01:28 AM   #61
freys330

My Ride: 04 330Ci SMG
Ive had this kit in all my cars i've owned, Audi A4 (b6), Jetta (MKIV), and the e46 BMW to name a few. All work A++, except the one on the BMW.. Dont know why, but its something that always irritates me.

Problems:
1.) The dip switches are all correctly configured according to the manual, (I have set it up to allow radio controls, but still allow iPod to work, rather than showing DICE on the screen. Even with all this, the deck (business CD 2004) all I get on the desk is a "*". Thats it.
2.) 7/10 times that I start the car the speakers make all this weird noise, the moment I switch to like FM or a disc the sound goes away. When I come back to it, chances are its still there! UGH! Finally after unplugging, plugging, and turning off and on the stereo several times it goes away! PITA!
3.) Apart from the Radio volume, nothing else works. I cant go forward or back using the stereo controls nor the steering wheel controls.. I have to always use the iPod.. No, im not using the AUX jack, im using the iPod cable connected directly to the DICE.
4.) Even with the dip switches in the position I mentioned above, the iPod will sometimes (3/10 times) randomly show on the ipod screen one of the following screens: ACCESS+ or DICE ELECTRONICS. No music plays, and no controls work on either the iPod or the stereo. So what I have to do is unplug the iPod and then reinsert the cable a couple of times until the DICE system gets the clue I dont want it to show that screen!
Any of your guys have this?? Anyone know a solution to this??
The other two cars equipt with DICE have had no problems what so ever, and work like a charm.. only this one has the problem!
I have bought from DICE another cable, in hopes of maybe it being the cables fault.. nope wasn't it. (It came with a cable that had a blue end to it, and since that one had troubles I bought the one with the green end to it.. that doesn't work any better either.. as a matter of fact the green one doesn't charge the iPod.)
I really wish I could get ahold of one of the DICE techs and bring them my car, since I live like 5 minutes from Signal Hill, CA
I own several apple products; iPod 4th gen, iPod 5th gen 30gb, iPod classic 80gb, and have had all the iPhone models... none seem to work any better with this system, so I know the issue isn't the MP3 player.

Last edited by freys330; 11-24-2010 at 01:30 AM.
freys330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:50 AM   #62
tom @ eas
european auto source

My Ride: e92 S/C M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by freys330 View Post
Ive had this kit in all my cars i've owned, Audi A4 (b6), Jetta (MKIV), and the e46 BMW to name a few. All work A++, except the one on the BMW.. Dont know why, but its something that always irritates me.

Problems:
1.) The dip switches are all correctly configured according to the manual, (I have set it up to allow radio controls, but still allow iPod to work, rather than showing DICE on the screen. Even with all this, the deck (business CD 2004) all I get on the desk is a "*". Thats it.
2.) 7/10 times that I start the car the speakers make all this weird noise, the moment I switch to like FM or a disc the sound goes away. When I come back to it, chances are its still there! UGH! Finally after unplugging, plugging, and turning off and on the stereo several times it goes away! PITA!
3.) Apart from the Radio volume, nothing else works. I cant go forward or back using the stereo controls nor the steering wheel controls.. I have to always use the iPod.. No, im not using the AUX jack, im using the iPod cable connected directly to the DICE.
4.) Even with the dip switches in the position I mentioned above, the iPod will sometimes (3/10 times) randomly show on the ipod screen one of the following screens: ACCESS+ or DICE ELECTRONICS. No music plays, and no controls work on either the iPod or the stereo. So what I have to do is unplug the iPod and then reinsert the cable a couple of times until the DICE system gets the clue I dont want it to show that screen!
Any of your guys have this?? Anyone know a solution to this??
The other two cars equipt with DICE have had no problems what so ever, and work like a charm.. only this one has the problem!
I have bought from DICE another cable, in hopes of maybe it being the cables fault.. nope wasn't it. (It came with a cable that had a blue end to it, and since that one had troubles I bought the one with the green end to it.. that doesn't work any better either.. as a matter of fact the green one doesn't charge the iPod.)
I really wish I could get ahold of one of the DICE techs and bring them my car, since I live like 5 minutes from Signal Hill, CA
I own several apple products; iPod 4th gen, iPod 5th gen 30gb, iPod classic 80gb, and have had all the iPhone models... none seem to work any better with this system, so I know the issue isn't the MP3 player.
Any way you can drop by their location so one of their techs can look at your vehicle in person?
tom @ eas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:58 PM   #63
T-Rex

My Ride: 2003 M3
Send a message via AIM to T-Rex
Tom, don't suppose you could re-host those photos? This thread looks like it's quite a resource, but the photos seem to be dead. Thanks!
T-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote