E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2006, 11:20 PM   #1
Bimmer360

My Ride: X5 4.4i V8 DOHC 32V
Angel Eyes

Does anybody know which one is better CCFL or DDE Raptor, if there is any difference? How many types of Angel Eyes are out there? I'm thinking of installing one for my 2003 bi-xenon facelifted 3 series? Any advice guys?
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:27 PM   #2
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
CCFL is the name for the technology behind all modern DDE kits. It stands for Cold Cathode Flueorescent Lighting.

Most of the kits on ebay are called CCFL kits because they are just generic rings, no harness, built in remote kit, lifetime warranty, guaranteed fitment, chrome backing, email and phone technical support or installation guide.

Our kit, the Predator Chromium, includes what is listed above. It is a fully comprehensive kit that includes everything you need to install the kit.

Here is the product page, feel free to call in (408-318-2875) or email (sales@jlevisw.com) with any questions.

http://jlevistreetwerks.com/store/pr...efde03c40c6fd1
Old 07-02-2006, 11:38 PM   #3
Asterisk*
Banned User

My Ride: gives me blue balls
Send a message via MSN to Asterisk*
By the way, last news: all angels were hunted down for those "angel eyes". Now only demon eyes left.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:10 AM   #4
Dan04E46

My Ride: '04 S54B32 Coupe
Rather than opening up a new thread... I have the predators. How do I turn them on with my remote? I have the #2 installation, through the ecu. Also sometimes they don't turn off after 10 seconds. What's the deal?
Old 07-05-2006, 04:35 PM   #5
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=raptor
Old 07-05-2006, 04:43 PM   #6
330 HRE
Banned

My Ride: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by ealzar
Does anybody know which one is better CCFL or DDE Raptor, if there is any difference? How many types of Angel Eyes are out there? I'm thinking of installing one for my 2003 bi-xenon facelifted 3 series? Any advice guys?
They all are virtually the same. The only difference btw each product is what vendor you like and that is it. DDE came upon from Jim Powell...he created the slogan Daytime Demon Eyes. It all started on ************* and Bimmerforums.com with the LED version and then evloved to the projector light version and then Lava Lighting came upon CCFL and then from there it evolved to what it is now. From there Jim and Matt just made it better. If anything you can always dig up old threads on dtmpower and bimmerforums to see where things originated and what the main differences are...but to me they all are the same...they light up and do there job. Just get the ones that are cheapest as they all come asian countries anyways.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:49 PM   #7
guest131

My Ride: Ford Pinto
mine are better
Old 07-05-2006, 07:38 PM   #8
kpeng
Banned User

My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
They're all the same, but people tend to think the angrier the name sounds, the better they are. But don't let that fool you.

Buy whatever set you think looks best, and whatever set is the cheapest. It's all marketing.

I'm going to come out with the "Tyrannosaurus Rex Giraffe Lion Bear Super Tornado Beast Rings" and sell them for $500. People would buy it thinking it's the "newest technology". But it's all the same, it's just how you market them...

-Ken
Old 07-05-2006, 07:43 PM   #9
Custom3

My Ride: HellRot 330CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeng
"Tyrannosaurus Rex Giraffe Lion Bear Super Tornado Beast Rings" and sell them for $500."

-Ken
LMAOOOOO
Old 07-05-2006, 08:35 PM   #10
auburnu008

My Ride: 2003 325i Tiag
Quote:
They're all the same, but people tend to think the angrier the name sounds, the better they are. But don't let that fool you.

Buy whatever set you think looks best, and whatever set is the cheapest. It's all marketing.

I'm going to come out with the "Tyrannosaurus Rex Giraffe Lion Bear Super Tornado Beast Rings" and sell them for $500. People would buy it thinking it's the "newest technology". But it's all the same, it's just how you market them...

-Ken
Wow, since those have such a cool name and you say they are the best and newest I want them! They must be the best since they are $500. Afterall, you DO get what you pay for. If they are .00000001% brighter than the competition put me on the preorder list!!!

Last edited by auburnu008; 07-05-2006 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:43 PM   #11
kpeng
Banned User

auburn! you are a wise man!

don't forget, the Tyrannosaurus Rex Giraffe Lion Bear Super Tornado Beast Rings use a high quality laser cut COPPER backing, it is NOT metal like the cheap rings.

:wink:

-Ken
Old 07-05-2006, 08:44 PM   #12
E92M

My Ride: '08 ZCP M3 | '03 R6
Quote:

-Ken
Copyright infringment...
Old 07-05-2006, 08:44 PM   #13
mfanatic325

My Ride: Z4MC, 325Ci
Send a message via AIM to mfanatic325
I like my CCFL's
VF570 S/C|TIAL BOV|SetRabCooler|Brembo GT 6/4|TE37s|NT05s|3.91 Gearing|TCK D/A|RPi Induction|SS Race Mufflers/X-pipe|JVT Headers|AS SSK|VibraTechnics Mounts|Sparco Pro2000/6pt.Harness|MS FloorMounts|SE Custom Harness Bar|Tekarbon Angels|M-Tech Pedals|OE Strut Bar|RE RSMs|8000K D2S|CDV DEL|CF Roof Wrap|MB Grills|UUC TrannyMounts/ClutchStop|V1 Mount|P3C Gauge

Old 07-05-2006, 09:51 PM   #14
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: Vorsteiner 335i
Send a message via AIM to Jlevi SW
Ken, for someone who worked in the industry and claims to know something about everything, you sure are foolish.

They are simply not the same. Look at the closeup photos. The plastic in our rings is more translucent. They shine nicer. The color is better. The product is more popular, meaning it is more tested. Sure, the basic components are the same (plastic cover, CCFL rings, inverters, wiring harness), but it's the LITTLE things that matter... our rings look nicer, our CCFL's last longer and light up prettier, our harnesses are easier to install, etc etc...

You can pretend that details don't matter, and sure, if you want to cut corners on your car, they don't... but think about this. Your car has all the same components as a Hyundai... seats, wheels, engine, bodywork... but it's the details that matter. It looks better. It performs better. It will last longer. Wait... isn't that a direct parallel between our product and the generic version you claim is the same thing?

Clearly, Ken, the details are lost on you. I'm not surprised - you run around this forum giving your opinion as if it's fact... have you taken the time to actually check out the facts before stating your opinion as one?

Must we always fight this battle, Ken? When are you going to have a look at our products and see that we really DO have the best quality products on the market? When are you going to join the ranks of naysayers turned friends?
JL

Last edited by Jlevi SW; 07-05-2006 at 09:53 PM.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:55 PM   #15
kpeng
Banned User

Please tell me how your harnesses are easier to install? They're all the same thing. "light up prettier" is not a valid reason, I'm sorry. And last longer? By how much? 20,000 hours vs. what? 15,000 hours? You would have to run your angel eyes continuously, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for 1 year and 8 months just to get 15,000 hours. And most of us don't do that.

The fact that it's more "popular" doesn't mean it's more tested. I don't know where you got that correlation. They're just marketed well.

To compare tubes of light to the quality difference between cars is quite an exaggeration too.

I've seen the Chromiums, Titanium Editions, Generic eBay kits, Phosphyres (non-enhanced and enhanced), LEDs, GenV's in person. And other than the GenV's and LEDs (which are diff. technology), all the other ones have looked exactly the same to me other than size difference.

-Ken

Last edited by kpeng; 07-05-2006 at 09:59 PM.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:59 PM   #16
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

Like I said - the details are lost on you. Why bother explaining that our 6000K Rings are now rated at 50,000 hours to the competitor's 15,000? Or that our Cold Weather Package does not require running 10 wires to the rings for "heating"?

It's a fortunate miracle you have chosen quality products like BMW and DPE
JL
Old 07-05-2006, 10:00 PM   #17
DarXide

My Ride: Slammed on F2's
Send a message via AIM to DarXide Send a message via MSN to DarXide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romtin
mine are better
You mean mines...The car in your sig is mine you loser..
Old 07-05-2006, 10:00 PM   #18
kpeng
Banned User

lol. Again, you're comparing cars and wheels that actually have a lot of variables and design put into them....to fluorescent bulbs...

-Ken
Old 07-05-2006, 10:01 PM   #19
djmatty
Banned

My Ride: Black '99 328i Sedan
Send a message via AIM to djmatty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlevi SW
You can pretend that details don't matter, and sure, if you want to cut corners on your car, they don't... but think about this. Your car has all the same components as a Hyundai... seats, wheels, engine, bodywork... but it's the details that matter. It looks better. It performs better. It will last longer. Wait... isn't that a direct parallel between our product and the generic version you claim is the same thing?
The funny thing is that, despite the BMW being a million times nicer, a 2006 Hyundai will be more reliable and last longer than a 2006 BMW.

Last edited by djmatty; 07-05-2006 at 10:03 PM.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:02 PM   #20
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmatty
The funny thing is that, despite being a million times nicer, a 2006 Hyundai will be more reliable and last longer than a 2006 BMW.
A toyota, yes. A honda, probably. A Hyundai? I'm not convinced just yet..
Also, to pick out one potentially invalid component of a 5-component argument is a well-known method of detraction which I won't fall for
The fact is the BMW looks better, performs better, is built better, etc etc etc. Just like our products
JL
Closed Thread