E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.87 average. Display Modes
Old 09-04-2006, 10:29 AM   #41
SK328CI

My Ride: 2006 Jeep SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accordguyintake View Post
wtf, that box looks like the predator box, and so do the wires and connectors on the wire..
yea umnitza just said that they manufacture it
Old 09-04-2006, 12:21 PM   #42
mfanatic325

My Ride: Z4MC, 325Ci
Send a message via AIM to mfanatic325
VF570 S/C|TIAL BOV|SetRabCooler|Brembo GT 6/4|TE37s|NT05s|3.91 Gearing|TCK D/A|RPi Induction|SS Race Mufflers/X-pipe|JVT Headers|AS SSK|VibraTechnics Mounts|Sparco Pro2000/6pt.Harness|MS FloorMounts|SE Custom Harness Bar|Tekarbon Angels|M-Tech Pedals|OE Strut Bar|RE RSMs|8000K D2S|CDV DEL|CF Roof Wrap|MB Grills|UUC TrannyMounts/ClutchStop|V1 Mount|P3C Gauge

mfanatic325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 09:36 PM   #43
SK328CI

just installed my halos the other day, got some nightime shots.
these are the Titaniums from Tyler @ UED
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	halo06.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	194293   Click image for larger version

Name:	halo07.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	194294   Click image for larger version

Name:	halo08.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	194295   Click image for larger version

Name:	halo09.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	194296  

Click image for larger version

Name:	halo12.jpg
Views:	723
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	194297   Click image for larger version

Name:	halo11.jpg
Views:	830
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	194298  
Old 09-14-2006, 10:22 AM   #44
purin

My Ride: 02 330ci
Do the titaniums come with the shiny reflectors on the back of the rings like the Chromiums? how about the remote switch, both wireless? Can it be controlled with the keys? From the photos, I think I like the Titaniums more, seems brighter but the Chromiums are crisper, is this because of the photo shot? Can anyone confirm? They both have warranties so its just a matter taste/price correct?
whats the difference between the rapter cwp and titaniums besides price and wiring? The pictures don't really seem much different? http://understeer.com/onlinestore-lighting.shtml

thanks
-p
purin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 01:18 PM   #46
Tyler@UniqueDesign
Car Junky

My Ride: has a torn subframe
Send a message via AIM to Tyler@UniqueDesign
Quote:
Originally Posted by purin View Post
Do the titaniums come with the shiny reflectors on the back of the rings like the Chromiums? how about the remote switch, both wireless? Can it be controlled with the keys? From the photos, I think I like the Titaniums more, seems brighter but the Chromiums are crisper, is this because of the photo shot? Can anyone confirm? They both have warranties so its just a matter taste/price correct?
whats the difference between the rapter cwp and titaniums besides price and wiring? The pictures don't really seem much different? http://understeer.com/onlinestore-lighting.shtml

thanks
-p
The titaniums are thicker, have a reflective backing (yes its spray paint - still works fine). The titaniums are hard to take a picture of becauase they put out enough light to wash most CCD's out.

They have a remote kit that taps the interior lights the same way as the chromiums.

I love the titaniums and recommend them highly, but lets not high jack this thread again. If you have any specific questions (I'm not going to comment on someone elses product, I don't sell it so its not my expertise...) about the titaniums I'd be happy to answer them in an e-mail or PM.
Tyler@UniqueDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 02:48 PM   #47
bave46rider

My Ride: e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler@UniqueDesign View Post
The titaniums are thicker, have a reflective backing (yes its spray paint - still works fine). The titaniums are hard to take a picture of becauase they put out enough light to wash most CCD's out.

They have a remote kit that taps the interior lights the same way as the chromiums.

I love the titaniums and recommend them highly, but lets not high jack this thread again. If you have any specific questions (I'm not going to comment on someone elses product, I don't sell it so its not my expertise...) about the titaniums I'd be happy to answer them in an e-mail or PM.
+111111.

Purin,

I also have DDE Titaniums and I think they are awesome. To answer some of your questions, they do come with a reflector backing, can be wired to be controlled with your remote key, are extremely bright, and have a real lifetime warranty (not a single penny out of cost ever for any kind of replacement). You can get them for very close to low $100 (even if it is through a group buy). In my opinion, and taking all of this into consideration, it is the best bang for your buck angel eye kit out there.
bave46rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 11:52 PM   #48
SK328CI

Quote:
Originally Posted by purin View Post

thanks
-p
you can get pics of al three rings side by side on bimmian.com

i only have experience with the titaniums. $135 shipped with lifetime warranty including free shipping for replacements is what made me buy them over my next choice chromiums which is $220 shipped with lifetime warranty but you pay for shipping on replacements as far as i know. in any case, check my pics. i absolutely love them.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:56 PM   #49
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
You don't pay for any shipments on replacements unless it's past 30 days. This is to prevent you from shipping the parts back for testing.

Our parts are at a higher level, so we don't expect failures at all.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:04 PM   #50
Titansilber330D

My Ride: 330D Sport
It looks like this thread is really a comparison thing between two options available. I don't have one of those two options and I am not sure if my pic is welcome, as they don't have a cool name like "Unobtanium" or "Costafortunum" but here it is anyway.

They are just called "CCFL Angel Eyes" and I did a DIY silver tape backing mod on them. They are smooth glass tubes (not ribbed for anyone's pleasure) and I bought them on Ebay for the equivalent of about $100USD. They match my 6000K HID xenon kit so I guess they are 6000K. Anyway I like them, so not much more I can say about that.

Last edited by Titansilber330D; 09-16-2006 at 05:06 PM.
Titansilber330D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 12:07 AM   #51
mfanatic325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titansilber330D View Post
It looks like this thread is really a comparison thing between two options available. I don't have one of those two options and I am not sure if my pic is welcome, as they don't have a cool name like "Unobtanium" or "Costafortunum" but here it is anyway.

They are just called "CCFL Angel Eyes" and I did a DIY silver tape backing mod on them. They are smooth glass tubes (not ribbed for anyone's pleasure) and I bought them on Ebay for the equivalent of about $100USD. They match my 6000K HID xenon kit so I guess they are 6000K. Anyway I like them, so not much more I can say about that.
LoL! ...I have $90 "ebay" ones. They fit perfectly and have no backing issues...also are pretty bright, as you can see in my sig =]
VF570 S/C|TIAL BOV|SetRabCooler|Brembo GT 6/4|TE37s|NT05s|3.91 Gearing|TCK D/A|RPi Induction|SS Race Mufflers/X-pipe|JVT Headers|AS SSK|VibraTechnics Mounts|Sparco Pro2000/6pt.Harness|MS FloorMounts|SE Custom Harness Bar|Tekarbon Angels|M-Tech Pedals|OE Strut Bar|RE RSMs|8000K D2S|CDV DEL|CF Roof Wrap|MB Grills|UUC TrannyMounts/ClutchStop|V1 Mount|P3C Gauge

Old 09-17-2006, 09:34 AM   #52
Ua3

My Ride: Goldy Locks
Umnitza - Waiting for your reply (email)
Ua3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 09:10 PM   #53
SK328CI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titansilber330D View Post
lmao dude i made the thread for anyone to post theirs. if you got them from ebay it would be very useful for other people to know the seller since the ebay ones dont come in any "brand"
Old 09-19-2006, 10:54 AM   #54
Titansilber330D

My Ride: 330D Sport
I didn't post the name of the seller as I am in the UK as is the seller and this forum is primarily frequented by North American owners. But, you are correct, no point posting my lights with no indication of what they are or who they are from.

This is a link to a current auction for the lights I bought. There is no brand name on the box that I could tell, and apparently they are 8,500K not 6,000K as I thought. The seller Teddy is well known in the BMW aftermarket accessories scene over here and is generally very well trusted and known to be an all around good guy.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CCFL-Xenon-Col...QQcmdZViewItem
Titansilber330D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 11:09 AM   #55
mfanatic325

I will not disclose where I got mine from due to the integrity and respect that I have for our sponsors

Old 09-27-2006, 09:44 PM   #56
bcwill

My Ride: 2004 M3
hi everyone, so i just got an m3 which i have been saving for / pining away for for years and really want to upgrade my lamps. original owner didnt get oem xenons so my setup is pretty crap right now. are there special concerns with fitting the projector46 setup on non-xenon m3s?

it looks like the projector46 6000k's are the way to go, especially if you like the more blue look. does anyone know where to get blue LEDs corner bulbs? i saw some on an m3 the other day and they were sick.

thanks so much for your help... i want to get this installed fast... cant take it anymore!!!
bcwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 09:58 PM   #57
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcwill View Post
hi everyone, so i just got an m3 which i have been saving for / pining away for for years and really want to upgrade my lamps. original owner didnt get oem xenons so my setup is pretty crap right now. are there special concerns with fitting the projector46 setup on non-xenon m3s?

it looks like the projector46 6000k's are the way to go, especially if you like the more blue look. does anyone know where to get blue LEDs corner bulbs? i saw some on an m3 the other day and they were sick.

thanks so much for your help... i want to get this installed fast... cant take it anymore!!!
Look up www.m3forum.com and look up Ernie1060.

here's what we just did for his car not 2 weeks ago:

Old 09-27-2006, 11:07 PM   #58
mfanatic325

^ Matt will take care of u

Old 09-30-2006, 04:24 PM   #59
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: Vorsteiner 335i
Send a message via AIM to Jlevi SW
Great thread
JL
Jlevi SW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:15 PM   #60
tha ridla

My Ride: '03 325i