E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 01:01 AM   #641
nekholm

My Ride: '03 320i sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by stahl_grau View Post
was this taken with a camera phone? doesnt look very good..
Yes they were. They look so much better in real life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Gratuitous iPhone shot of '69 El Camino with Angel Eyes:
why.. just why?
nekholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:06 PM   #642
DTMdan

My Ride: E53 X5 3.0i Sport
Send a message via AIM to DTMdan
UMNITZA 6000K PREDATOR ORION V2

Large (wallpaper) size: http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1197/...58c8d2bc_o.jpg
Old 08-09-2010, 05:53 PM   #643
umnitza
877•486•6489

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0nK3y View Post
You can see them in broad daylight:

Still see them:

Still:

Still:

And Still:

Orion V2
Old 08-09-2010, 10:18 PM   #644
stahl_grau

My Ride: 03 330ci
Khoalty amber halogen-specific AE's, i just need to run over and get my DRL's deactivated. I'm very happy with the fitment and quality and they definitely turn heads

Taken with an iphone4 camera, not a very good shot but you get the idea
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	angel eyes.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	370802  
stahl_grau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:28 AM   #645
GCoop

My Ride: '04 325xi
Quote:
Khoalty amber halogen-specific AE's, i just need to run over and get my DRL's deactivated. I'm very happy with the fitment and quality and they definitely turn heads

Taken with an iphone4 camera, not a very good shot but you get the idea
Looks good!

When I started my Halogen specific AE adventure well over a year ago I wanted to go with the OEM "yellow" color but the manufacturer wasnt producing them with those LEDs yet so I had to settle for the bright white. Now that they are available I think I am going to go that route.

Ive been trying to get the diffent vendors (seems like everyone is seeling the sized rings now) to post some pics of the ambers installed but no one has yet.

Can you get some better pictures up at some point? How does the color compare in person to what we see in your picture?
GCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:07 PM   #646
allthem

My Ride: 2001 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCoop View Post
Can you get some better pictures up at some point? How does the color compare in person to what we see in your picture?
Here are some i took of my khoalty kit not to long ago, the pics are not the best, but they do ok.

when i first got mine they looked really bright yellow, but after a little use they turned more white, i am really liking them now.

i am also still wanting to disable my drl's. i just live a long way away, and a expensive toll, from my nearest dealer.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:52 PM   #647
umnitza
877•486•6489

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthem View Post

This picture illustrated why the larger sized rings are a bad idea, note how the larger rings on a halogen car simply get cut off at the sides and bottom.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:39 AM   #648
GCoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthem View Post
Here are some i took of my khoalty kit not to long ago, the pics are not the best, but they do ok.

when i first got mine they looked really bright yellow, but after a little use they turned more white, i am really liking them now.

i am also still wanting to disable my drl's. i just live a long way away, and a expensive toll, from my nearest dealer.
Yeah I saw your original pic you put up and they did look really orangeish-yellow. Too orangeish for my tase actually. But if the have softened some it is probably right in line with what I would want.

If you find yourself in the Charlottesville area in the near future let me know. I can turn off the DRLs for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza View Post
This picture illustrated why the larger sized rings are a bad idea, note how the larger rings on a halogen car simply get cut off at the sides and bottom.
Properly sized rings are not a bad idea at all. In fact, in my opinion this is the only way to go if you have halogen headlights. From my experience I have none of the "issues" you are claiming. As you can see from my pictures the rings fit all of the reflector bowls perfectly for an OEM type look (NO GAPS ) and there is no "cut off at the sides and bottom".

To your point though -- I can see where there is less margin for error with rings of this size. For instance if someone's headlight trim is deformed ( I have seen this on quite a few occasions) or they are not installed in the proper position, I could see that part of the ring may be obscured because of that. Maybe that is what you have seen? I do not have those problems on my headlights though and the pictures show the results that can be achieved by using halogen sized rings.

Crappy cell phone pics attached:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_015.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	371077   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_014.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	371078  

Last edited by GCoop; 08-11-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:11 AM   #649
stahl_grau

My Ride: 03 330ci
GCoop - I'm currently on vacation and the car isnt close by so once i get back next week I'll be sure to put up some higher-quality pictures. I can tell you personally that they aren't anywhere near as yellow as the pictures from the other poster indicate. I'd say they are as close to OEM as I've seen. They match the color of the halogen headlights perfectly in my opinion. I took my car over yesterday to my local BMW dealership and I had guys in there with E46s asking me why my car came with those and theirs didnt, so they must look pretty good. Fitment is perfect, no problems with the larger rings or anything.
stahl_grau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:15 AM   #650
3bananas

My Ride: 1998 328is
im putting some eas aurora's on within a week or two, i'll definitely post up pictures after the install

Old 08-11-2010, 11:10 AM   #651
GCoop

Quote:
GCoop - I'm currently on vacation and the car isnt close by so once i get back next week I'll be sure to put up some higher-quality pictures. I can tell you personally that they aren't anywhere near as yellow as the pictures from the other poster indicate. I'd say they are as close to OEM as I've seen. They match the color of the halogen headlights perfectly in my opinion. I took my car over yesterday to my local BMW dealership and I had guys in there with E46s asking me why my car came with those and theirs didnt, so they must look pretty good. Fitment is perfect, no problems with the larger rings or anything.
Hey thanks for the reply. Its good to know that the color looks OEM in person. I look forward to your pics.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:53 PM   #652
umnitza
877•486•6489

Old 08-11-2010, 08:30 PM   #653
allthem

My Ride: 2001 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza View Post
Yes the larger rings may look like they are cut off from certain angles, but they fit perfectly around reflector bowl and are not cut off by the trim at all, i think they fit perfectly in a halogen housing. I dont see how that is a bad idea at all, we just have a difference in opinion on how things should look, and thats not a bad thing either
Old 08-23-2010, 11:27 AM   #654
ihoop42

My Ride: 04 325i
Please forgive me if my question sounds incredibly silly but I am not the smartest individual when it comes to understanding my car lol.
With that being said....
I have a 04 325i. When I got it, it was pretty much stock. My problem is trying to understand what kind of headlights I have. I want nice headlights like I see on here but I'm hesitant on buying anything because I don't know exactly what I need. I can post pictures later. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help !
ihoop42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:38 AM   #655
umnitza
877•486•6489

You're talking about the Projector46s, providing you don't have xenons on your car now (blueish lights that level when you turn on the car).

What you would need is this:
http://umnitza.com/umnitza-projector...on-p-1099.html

It would have the Orion v2.

Give us a call or email if you have questions.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:09 PM   #656
Rhudeboye

My Ride: 968 330i
umnitza -

I'm the new owner of a 2002 330i sedan. Pretty sure it has standard halogen lights. I would like to add the Halo/angel eyes to the car but Im looking to insert 2 complete housings, a left and a right. What item would you recommend to keep the process as simple as possible?

Thanx in adv
Rhudeboye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:58 AM   #657
umnitza
877•486•6489

you have PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:18 AM   #658
Don-Faheezy

My Ride: 2001 330i
ever since i got my angel eyes ive kind of wondered if i got the right one for my car!

they are the mycarr ccfl. they dont fit the halogen light that nice

this normal?

sorry if this has already been discussed.

EDIT: i got it from umnitza

Don-Faheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:57 PM   #659
umnitza
877•486•6489

Pink Orion V2

We hope to work with the Susan G. Komen foundation to give them a donation with every sale of this product. Currently we're in discussion with M. Taylor - in charge of the media relations for this type of product/project.

Hopefully we'll hear from them soon so we can begin the program. For now, we have 1 set of Pink Orion V2 for $249 available. We'll be donating a portion of each sale to the foundation (35%-50% of the sale price).

Currently the one set is only available in a standard BMW size, but we do have plans for this to be reachable to all the existing model range we carry.

Please join our facebook page and let us know if you are interested in joining us for this worthy cause or just post here.

Before everyone comments that this is a purple'ish looking image, it's the camera, the product really does look pink in person and in the sunshine.

The photo was taken and the rings are not attached, so don't worry, if you get this set, it's brand new.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:50 PM   #660
umnitza
877•486•6489

Ritchie's 550i:

WHITE:

AMBER:

YELLOW:

RED:

PURPLE:

BLUE: