E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2006, 01:59 AM   #1
kb756

My Ride: pinto
03 M3 Carbon Black

Hey, Im looking to sell my 2003 M3 Carbon Black. It is fully optioned with everything including SMG II and Nav. Car has 49XXX miled and is located in socal.

Car has

Strassentech front lip
Hamann GTR sides
HRE 448s plus stock 18s
HR Springs
2 months old Koni Shocks (have reciept)

asking 45,000 with everything or 40,000 stock
kb756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:01 AM   #2
kb756

Old 08-11-2006, 03:32 AM   #3
thesethoughtsru

My Ride: is a fake CSL
Send a message via AIM to thesethoughtsru
EXXXXACTLY what I am looking for but why 5k over the KBB price? It should be aroudn 35k stock.

Silver Grey on Recaros ///M3 - VCSL, CF Grills, SS Race, KW V2, Alcantara Int, Illum Door Sills
thesethoughtsru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:44 AM   #4
bimmerblvd
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2004 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb756
Nice car and great deal!!! but anyways are you sure those are hamann gtr sides? Bump for a great car
bimmerblvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:59 AM   #5
kb756

i paid 66K for this car brand new so im just trying to cut my losses

this is an old pic and i recently changed the look.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:29 AM   #6
E55

My Ride: 04' S2000
Send a message via AIM to E55
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesethoughtsru
EXXXXACTLY what I am looking for but why 5k over the KBB price? It should be aroudn 35k stock.
KBB price is 40k fully loaded. 45k including the mods is a fair price.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:39 PM   #7
thesethoughtsru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb756
i paid 66K for this car brand new so im just trying to cut my losses

this is an old pic and i recently changed the look.
totally understandable but thats not the car's value any more. the e46 lost SO MUCH value because of the e90. KBB on my 330 is like 26k and im having to sell a few thousand cheaper than that because the value went down so mu ch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E55
KBB price is 40k fully loaded. 45k including the mods is a fair price.
how did you figure that out? can you show me where i went wrong in this? i see 35k (not trying to instigate anything, i just want to know where i went wrong in this). you can not put excellent condition because that is only new cars, regardless of the car. also, makes sure you put private party value not retail price.

edit: the link doesnt work, let me try copyign in the page from KBB.

More Photos Condition Value
Excellent $37,980

Good $35,875
(Selected)

Fair $33,040

Search Local Listings
Sell Your Coupe

Vehicle Details Change Equipment
Engine: 6-Cyl. 3.2 Liter
Transmission: SMG
Drivetrain: RWD
Mileage: 50,000
Selected Standard Equipment
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Telescoping Wheel Cruise Control
AM/FM Stereo
Single Compact Disc
Dual Front Air Bags
Front Side Air Bags ABS (4-Wheel)
Traction Control
Leather
Moon Roof
Premium Wheels
Selected Optional Equipment
Harman Kardon
Navigation System Parking Sensors Rear Spoiler

Blue Book Private Party Value
Private Party Value is what a buyer can expect to pay when buying a used car from a private party. The Private Party Value assumes the vehicle is sold "As Is" and carries no warranty (other than the continuing factory warranty). The final sale price may vary depending on the vehicle's actual condition and local market conditions. This value may also be used to derive Fair Market Value for insurance and vehicle donation purposes.

Vehicle Condition Ratings Check Vehicle Title History
Excellent
$37,980
"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. This vehicle has never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. The vehicle has a clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. The engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. The vehicle also has complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

Good (Selected)
$35,875
"Good" condition means that the vehicle is free of any major defects. This vehicle has a clean title history, the paint, body and interior have only minor (if any) blemishes, and there are no major mechanical problems. There should be little or no rust on this vehicle. The tires match and have substantial tread wear left. A "good" vehicle will need some reconditioning to be sold at retail. Most consumer owned vehicles fall into this category.

Fair
$33,040
"Fair" condition means that the vehicle has some mechanical or cosmetic defects and needs servicing but is still in reasonable running condition. This vehicle has a clean title history, the paint, body and/or interior need work performed by a professional. The tires may need to be replaced. There may be some repairable rust damage.

Poor
N/A
"Poor" condition means that the vehicle has severe mechanical and/or cosmetic defects and is in poor running condition. The vehicle may have problems that cannot be readily fixed such as a damaged frame or a rusted-through body. A vehicle with a branded title (salvage, flood, etc.) or unsubstantiated mileage is considered "poor." A vehicle in poor condition may require an independent appraisal to determine its value.

* California 08/11/2006

Silver Grey on Recaros ///M3 - VCSL, CF Grills, SS Race, KW V2, Alcantara Int, Illum Door Sills
Old 08-11-2006, 02:05 PM   #8
jetblke46

My Ride: 05 IR///M3
would you be interested in selling the rims ??
jetblke46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:32 PM   #9
E55

My Ride: 04' S2000
Send a message via AIM to E55
Quote:
you can not put excellent condition because that is only new cars, regardless of the car. also, makes sure you put private party value not retail price.
you can definately put excellent condition. That option exists for USED cars, so of course you can apply it to a used car. I came out to this:

Engine: 6-Cyl. 3.2 Liter
Transmission: SMG
Drivetrain: RWD
Mileage: 49,000
Selected Standard Equipment
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Telescoping Wheel Cruise Control
AM/FM Stereo
Dual Front Air Bags
Front Side Air Bags ABS (4-Wheel)
Traction Control
Leather
Moon Roof
Selected Optional Equipment
Multi Compact Disc
Harman Kardon
Navigation System Parking Sensors
DVD System Dual Power Seats
Premium Wheels 19''+

Blue Book Private Party Value
Private Party Value is what a buyer can expect to pay when buying a used car from a private party. The Private Party Value assumes the vehicle is sold "As Is" and carries no warranty (other than the continuing factory warranty). The final sale price may vary depending on the vehicle's actual condition and local market conditions. This value may also be used to derive Fair Market Value for insurance and vehicle donation purposes.

Vehicle Condition Ratings Check Vehicle Title History
Excellent (Selected)
$39,275
"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. This vehicle has never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. The vehicle has a clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. The engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. The vehicle also has complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

Good
$37,125
"Good" condition means that the vehicle is free of any major defects. This vehicle has a clean title history, the paint, body and interior have only minor (if any) blemishes, and there are no major mechanical problems. There should be little or no rust on this vehicle. The tires match and have substantial tread wear left. A "good" vehicle will need some reconditioning to be sold at retail. Most consumer owned vehicles fall into this category.

Fair
$34,225
"Fair" condition means that the vehicle has some mechanical or cosmetic defects and needs servicing but is still in reasonable running condition. This vehicle has a clean title history, the paint, body and/or interior need work performed by a professional. The tires may need to be replaced. There may be some repairable rust damage.

Poor
N/A
"Poor" condition means that the vehicle has severe mechanical and/or cosmetic defects and is in poor running condition. The vehicle may have problems that cannot be readily fixed such as a damaged frame or a rusted-through body. A vehicle with a branded title (salvage, flood, etc.) or unsubstantiated mileage is considered "poor." A vehicle in poor condition may require an independent appraisal to determine its value.

Not quite 40k, but close enough. 39,275 for excellent condition, and 37k for good condition.

Also, a car is worth what a buyer is willing to pay.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:39 PM   #10
thesethoughtsru

to e55: (didnt watn to quote that lol) where are you located? if you arent in so cal and you are using your own zip the price will be higher. there are a ton of e46s and bmws in so cal so they run cheaper. i talked to a dealer as well when i was getting a trade in value for my car and basically "excellent" condition he said is pretty much a new car. it literally has to be perfect and unless its one of those RARE cars (less than 5%) then its not excellent condition. that would be more for cars with like under 10k miles that are BARELY used, not 50k IMO. typically when you do KBB youd put good condition because the cond is subjective and of course as a seller you want to put excellent.

and youre right, the car is worth what the buyer is willing to pay. i've been shopping around for an M3 for a few weeks now and dissecting every ad and car for sale. this particular car is VERY comparable to a $35k price range and thats what they are selling for. Or else I'd sell my 330 for $26k but the value has gone down below KBB in so cal. honestly the seller can sell the car for whatever hed like but im personally not gonna dish out the $5k extra when i can buy one with almost the exact same specs for much cheaper.

Old 08-13-2006, 11:57 PM   #11
bmwuser
Banned

My Ride: e30, m3
Nice car, man! I'm not tryin to add fuel to the fire or anything, but just an FYI that I sold my 2003.5 Carbon Black M3 back in June for $38.8. That was a killer deal cuz i needed to get rid of it, but it was more in the actual price range for this car. It had only 38,000 miles and the original stock LED's (with extended trunk handle too) and was SMG and fully loaded just like yours with extras just like yours (icelink, 19's, PDC, etc).

So he has some reasoning in his claims that you car with 11,000 more miles than mine had should be at least around the price that I had 2 months ago.

...and yes I am in California just like you.

Good luck on the sale man. I regret getting rid of mine. but you gotta do what you gotta do
bmwuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 03:02 AM   #12
thesethoughtsru

only reason i stated that stuff bout the price is because i have actually been shopping around. it doesnt really matter i found one for $34k FULLY loaded in mint cond w/ warranty 2003.5 picking it up tomorrow GL with the sale!

Old 08-16-2006, 03:22 PM   #13
gjeldubbimmer

My Ride: has a childseat coco
Quote:
only reason i stated that stuff bout the price is because i have actually been shopping around. it doesnt really matter i found one for $34k FULLY loaded in mint cond w/ warranty 2003.5 picking it up tomorrow GL with the sale!

you got a great deal. I sold my E46 M3 (2K1CB) for $40k in 2002 - my M3 only had 3150 miles though
gjeldubbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 06:48 PM   #14
thesethoughtsru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjeldubbimmer View Post
you got a great deal. I sold my E46 M3 (2K1CB) for $40k in 2002 - my M3 only had 3150 miles though
yeah, i mean the car was even bought through a dealer so the 34k is with their mark up. anyways, i am soooooooooooo happy with it. its silver grey too, im diggin it WAY more than my jet black 330.