E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-14-2006, 05:12 AM   #1
Lay2Low

My Ride: Psshht Widebody; M3
Send a message via AIM to Lay2Low
Best Laptop Diagnostic

What is the best program/system to use to read and monitor all functions of our ECUs? Thanks in advanced

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-02-2006, 03:03 PM   #2
russ330
Mod Squad

My Ride: Motorsport III
Send a message via AIM to russ330
Did you ever find anything?

Anyone else have any input?
Old 09-02-2006, 03:24 PM   #3
BWMguy206

My Ride: '98 M3 and '07 335i
I just bought a Digimoto software and cable. It doesn't work on my m3 yet because of a software communiction with the DME and I need to get it reprogrammed due to the recall. It will work on E46 non M3s.

http://www.digimoto.com/

They have it in stock and I got mine in about 2 days.

If you don't have a serial port behind your laptop you need to purchase a USB to serial port adaptor.
BWMguy206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 04:19 PM   #4
MarvelPhx
www.my330i.com

My Ride: E92335i,04ZHP,99M3
Send a message via AIM to MarvelPhx
Ediabas INPA if you can get your hands on it.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:11 PM   #5
funkyman

My Ride: 330ci,Mazdaspeed3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lay2Low View Post
What is the best program/system to use to read and monitor all functions of our ECUs? Thanks in advanced

PCMSCAN-HACKED CRACKED SHREDED
OBD-II SCANMASTER FREEWARE
SCANTOOL V1.2 FREEWARE
PM ME AND ILL SEND YOU THE PROGRAMS MY FRIEND I HAVE 3 WORKING WITH MY 330CI
PORT 7

Last edited by funkyman; 09-02-2006 at 10:13 PM.
funkyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 09:01 AM   #6
ADA
Banned

My Ride: 323ci
The best OBD-II and BMW and dealer level diagnostic tool without spending $17,500 on a BMW GT-1 is the AUTO ENGINUITY.

You can buy the basic auto enginuity OBD-II scanner for $250 (USB, serial, and bluetooth) for your basic OBD-II level scans.

For another $250, you can buy the expanded service pack which will give you access to all the BMW sensors in your bimmer.

You can activate your alarm, change options (auto door lock, memory, double lock, etc), and even resest adaptation for your engine and transmission.

Here is the list of the sensors and command that the auto enginuity will cover
http://www.autoenginuity.com/BMW-All-Systems-List.html
ADA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:54 PM   #7
sheefo2k
OEM ///Member

My Ride: vrm psh - 02 325ci
Those are free? i m confused? I would still need a cable? the serial/dme port if so where can I just buy the cable?

Performance BMW car
Sponsored by :
www.euro-spec.net
www.bimmian.com
BMW Motorwerks

support:

www.vmwerks.com
www.esstuning.com
www.my330i.com
sheefo2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:55 PM   #8
sheefo2k
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyman View Post
PCMSCAN-HACKED CRACKED SHREDED
OBD-II SCANMASTER FREEWARE
SCANTOOL V1.2 FREEWARE
PM ME AND ILL SEND YOU THE PROGRAMS MY FRIEND I HAVE 3 WORKING WITH MY 330CI
PORT 7
Those are free? i m confused? I would still need a cable? the serial/dme port if so where can I just buy the cable?

Performance BMW car
Sponsored by :
www.euro-spec.net
www.bimmian.com
BMW Motorwerks

support:

www.vmwerks.com
www.esstuning.com
www.my330i.com
Old 09-03-2006, 01:27 PM   #9
jbeurotech
Regional Sponsor

My Ride: 2000 E46 with 254K
Autoenginuity is a nice tool however it will not program car-key memory setting or alarm activation it willo alow you to actyivate those funtions as a bi-directional caommand to te4st thos componits. It will not allow you to program those settings that being said it is probally the best diy computer on the marlket without spednign 10,000 plus on oe leval equipment
jbeurotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:40 PM   #10
sheefo2k
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeurotech View Post
Autoenginuity is a nice tool however it will not program car-key memory setting or alarm activation it willo alow you to actyivate those funtions as a bi-directional caommand to te4st thos componits. It will not allow you to program those settings that being said it is probally the best diy computer on the marlket without spednign 10,000 plus on oe leval equipment
I m about to order the digimoto. Its mostly a montior solution and very user friendly.

Whats the major difference between the Autoenginuity and digimoto? if you dont mind.
Thanks

Performance BMW car
Sponsored by :
www.euro-spec.net
www.bimmian.com
BMW Motorwerks

support:

www.vmwerks.com
www.esstuning.com
www.my330i.com
Old 09-03-2006, 01:51 PM   #11
sheefo2k
OEM ///Member

Quote:
After reading about Autoenginuity, I think and if I m wrong please dont hesitate to correct me. It seems as if DIGIMOTO is 100$ or more cheaper and you get diagnostics and monitor most the stuff you would need ($150), while Autoenginuity does that plus more detailed information, WAY MORE DETAIL in other stuff in the car and its start at ($249) plus you need the BMW specfic system so you can get the extra that digimoto doesn't offer.

SO the $250 from Autoenginuity will get you the same as the $150 from DigiMoto. Not a good deal, but if you want to get the extra stuff that Digimoto doesn't offer, all the extra detailed stuff then go with the Autoenginuity and pay an extra $100 plus whatever it will cost to get the BMW specfic software that goes into more details.

So moral of the story, it comes down to what you want to monitor, performance and temp etc then DigiMoto, but if you want to go into huge details and play with airbag, tranny, cluster etc then spend the extra cash on Autoenginuity.

Hopefully soon enough i ll give you guys a demo of DIGIMOTO, I might order it soon.

Performance BMW car
Sponsored by :
www.euro-spec.net
www.bimmian.com
BMW Motorwerks

support:

www.vmwerks.com
www.esstuning.com
www.my330i.com

Last edited by sheefo2k; 09-03-2006 at 01:54 PM.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:13 PM   #12
funkyman

You don`t need to pay money for these programs.You can find scan tools galore here for free.Lots of programs.Also i have the ultimate scan tool diagnostic program hacked cracked for free called PCMSCAN v1.4.3 however its over 12mb which means i can not attach and send it to any of you paizanos.Check link below for scan tool diagnostic software,

http://www.scantool.net/index.php?mo...s=Windows%20XP
Old 09-03-2006, 02:27 PM   #13
sheefo2k
OEM ///Member

where did you get your obd2/serial or usb 2.0 from? and how much?

Performance BMW car
Sponsored by :
www.euro-spec.net
www.bimmian.com
BMW Motorwerks

support:

www.vmwerks.com
www.esstuning.com
www.my330i.com
Old 09-03-2006, 02:31 PM   #14
funkyman

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheefo2k View Post
I m about to order the digimoto. Its mostly a montior solution and very user friendly.

Whats the major difference between the Autoenginuity and digimoto? if you dont mind.
Thanks
Sure my friend the cheapest good quality interface on the planet can be found here.Now the good thing about this is that it will not only read ELM but all the interfaces under the sun T16-013 supports J1850 VPW, J1850 PWM, ISO-9141-2 and ISO-14230 (KWP2000 so don`t let any other person/company wripp you off and perhaps you can make money but diagnosing half the neighbourhood for 30usd.

You buy this for 85usd it normally costs 150usd with the other SOB wripp offs.Get a belkin usb serial adapter from e bay for 15usd and your set then go to the web site i told you for all the diagnostic software.The ultimate software is the one i have hacked cracked PCMscan v1.4 thats worth paying for.It can do just about anyhting,for BMW specific you have to go to a dealership make friends with one of the workers give him 20-50usd and tell him to copy it for you on a cd

Buy interface T16-013, $82 each here http://www.multiplex-engineering.com/interfaces.htm

Belkin usb serial adapter on e bay 15usd 45usd in comp usa etc.

software 4free here http://www.scantool.net/index.php?mo...s=Windows%20XP

Then once you see the codes and faults then the dealership can not wripp you off.

Last edited by funkyman; 09-03-2006 at 02:35 PM.
funkyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:38 PM   #15
jbeurotech
Regional Sponsor

My Ride: 2000 E46 with 254K
I cannot and will not condone hacked software!! best deal for the money is autoenginuity, At my shop we own the Autologic but at 13,000 its is out of reach of DIY for them the best deal would be Autoenginuity.
jbeurotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:45 PM   #16
funkyman

Quote:
I cannot and will not condone hacked software!! best deal for the money is autoenginuity, At my shop we own the Autologic but at 13,000 its is out of reach of DIY for them the best deal would be Autoenginuity.
Thats a personal preferance my friend.Its a whole new off topic discussion which i wish not to get into to.Pcmscan 1.5 is woth paying for or as u said autoenginuity too whom offer a Bluetooth wireless option meaninig you can sip a cappucino on your garden patio and in the mean time you can diagnose the engine from your lap or coffee table like a real geek Suburban yupee,high society yuppie mechaNic(Overhaul Discovery channel style)
Old 09-19-2006, 12:31 PM   #17
TheRiddle
Sofa-king-what

My Ride: 2.8-M52TU'ed Vert
go for digimoto..

search on emule for the V4.07 it includes a dyno simulator (which reported me 187hp @wheel)..
Old 11-29-2006, 07:46 AM   #18
embmw

My Ride: BMW E90 320i
hi, do you have any version of bmw ediabas/inpa?
I have 5.7.0 but some files are altered and I can't diagnose the engine and other modules. if you have, how can I take it from you(if you are agree)? I am located in Romania.
Thanks a lot
my e-mail is embmw@yahoo.com
P.S. I visited your site and liked what I see. nice work
embmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:10 AM   #19
kidplatinum

My Ride: 330I zhp
Funkyman,

Please check PM, thanks
Old 11-29-2006, 03:20 PM   #20
ritos530i

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i 6speed
Send a message via MSN to ritos530i Send a message via Yahoo to ritos530i Send a message via Skype™ to ritos530i
i've had the digimoto for a few months and upgraded to the beta 5.0 it reads and clears codes but i did not want to do a basic diagnostic of my ecu. Trying to find something that would do AFR and timing. If anyone knows a good source that doesn't cost 2k let me know. My client base is not big enough for me to order the 7k system yet.
ritos530i is offline   Reply With Quote