E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!

Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!
This forum contains "official" polls and surveys

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-17-2006, 10:28 PM   #41
E46Marine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: DC Area
Posts: 60
My Ride: 99 323I
Quote:
Originally Posted by IxNay View Post
Long list here of cars I have owned sorted by time of purchase starting around 1975. I have never bought a new car and all told have put hundreds of thousands of miles on these cars with few breakdowns. However, I tend to be meticulous about maintenance and repair and do a lot myself. All thefts noted occurred in Boston.

62 Mercury Monterey Convertible
65 Chevy Malibu 2 dr 283 “3 on the tree”
66 Chevy Impala 2 dr 283 auto
65 Pontiac Lemans 2 dr 6 cyl auto – bought for $75 sold for $500
66 Olds Cutlass Convertible (great car – my college ride – blew the motor while revving the motor one new years eve – stolen sitting parked with blown motor)
71 Fiat 124 Sport Sedan 5 sp (this POS blew out the motor on the interstate on the ride home from college for Thanksgiving – I towed it back home – it and 2 parts cars were all stolen eventually)
69 Dodge Dart Convert 225 slant six (stolen/recovered 3 times – then sold)
62 Dodge Dart 4 dr sedan 225 slant six (sent to crusher due to rust)
62 Dodge Dart 4 dr sedan 225 slant six (restored using parts from above)
65 Lincoln Continental 4 dr sedan – originally owned by my grandparents
73 BMW Bavaria 4 sp (parts car only)
74 BMW Bavaria auto (I installed cut rate springs, larger sway bars and bilsteins – took it to BMWCCA drivers school at Lime Rock in 1984 and had a blast - planned to put in 4 sp from parts car but was eventually totaled by a hit & run driver while parked)
67 Lincoln Continental 4 dr convertible (bought with insurance money from ill-fated Bavaria – this car is a dream to drive - fully restored over a period of many years – still own)
85 Pontiac Grand Prix 6 cyl auto (also stolen/recovered 3 times – then sold)
84 Saab 900S 4 dr auto (real slow but great in snow – a real tank)
90 Saab 900S 3 dr auto (not quite as slow, 4 valves/cyl)
60 Studebaker Lark convertible – needs resto but fun driver – still own
92 Mazda B2600i P/U Truck 4 sp 4X4 4cyl
98 Toyota Prerunner P/U Truck 6 cyl auto – still own
58 Cushman Road King Scooter – restored – has 2 speed suicide stick shifter - tops out at about 25 MPH but loads of fun - still own
00 BMW 328Ci 5sp PP (Style 68 SP wheels) – East Coast Cruiser - Been from Maine to Florida and back a couple of times - still own

Bicycles: I have owned thousands over the years, as I own a bike shop.
You the man!
E46Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:29 PM   #42
E46Marine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: DC Area
Posts: 60
My Ride: 99 323I
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidefly View Post
Those are insane lists, makes mine lame:

A. Lots, and lots of Hot Wheels
B. Lots of begging at 14...then:
1. 1975 Buick Skylark Coupe
2. 1975 VW Rabbit
3. 1983 Honda Nighthawk 450
4. 1979 Ford Mustang Turbo
5. 1991 Honda Civic Base - first new car
6. 1985 Honda Accord DX
7. 1996 Nissan Maxima SE (12 hours) - new
8. 1997 Acura Integra GSR - new
9. 1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - new
10. 2001 Nissan Pathfiner SE 4x4 - new
*children enter the picture...
11. 2003 Honda CRV EX - new
12. 1999 Acura 3.2TL
13. 2001 BMW 325Ci
14. Pending Minivan
15. Pending divorce if I buy wife a minivan
Nice cars on that list dude
E46Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:30 PM   #43
E46Marine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: DC Area
Posts: 60
My Ride: 99 323I
Quote:
Originally Posted by islanq View Post
Well I'm only 20 and I've had 4 cars since I was 16.

1) 93' Honda Accord (totalled, i'll post pics if you guys want)
2) 96' Honda Civic (sold)
3) 94' Mitsubishi Eclipse (for sale, still own)
4) 99' BMW 323i (best car that i've owned BY FAR)
5) hoping for 03+ 3 series.
You are definately on your way bro
E46Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:40 PM   #44
dystynkt
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 319
My Ride: ///M
Send a message via AIM to dystynkt
i have a thing for switching cars often. im sure by the time im in my 30's i will have an extremely long list (im only 21 right now)...so ya here it is i got my first car at 17

01 toyota rav4
02 ford ranger edge (lifted, blah blah)
94 bmw 325is (where i started my car modding craze)
02 dodge srt-4 (mopar s1, learned that i HATED fwd)
95 bmw ///m3 (got this one pretty well built)
05 mitsu evo VIII

and my current cars:
06 chevy equinox (the daily driver)
99 bmw 323i (F.I.)
__________________

Last edited by dystynkt; 08-17-2006 at 10:44 PM. Reason: subscribing
dystynkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 02:09 AM   #45
CortinaD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 10,093
My Ride: lots
1. Holden TC Gemini (Sold 6 months after owning it)
2. Ford TE Cortina Ghia (still own)
3. Ford EA Fairmont Ghia (still own)
4. BMW E46 330i (still own)
CortinaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 04:07 AM   #46
Hollywood619
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 253
My Ride: 2005 330i ZHP
Wow, now that's a list devil-dog. Anyway, here I go
1. (Starting in 1985) 1979 Chevy Monza Spider
2. 1972 Pontiac Can-Am 454 Le Mans
3. 1977 Bandit-Edition Trans Am
4. 1970 YZ250 dirt bike
5. 1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24
6. 1972 Buick Convertible (boat)
Enlisted, went to Japan
7. 1987 Honda City Turbo
8. 1975? Nissan Skyline GT
9. 1987 Honda Prelude
10. 1990 Honda 250RR sport bike
11. R32 Nissaqn Skyline GT-R
12. 1991 Honda CB1000 Naked sport bike
13. 1992 Honda 400RR sport bike
14. 1987 Honda NSR 400R Freddie Spencer rep
15. R32 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec
Back to States
16. 1992 Chevy Cavalier Z24
17. 1990 Fiero GT (POS)
18. 1990 Chevy Blazer 4X4 (give me a break it was Michigan)
19. 1994 Eagle Talon AWD Turbo
20. 1995 Honda CBR600
21. 1994 Honda Civic coupe (body kit, Drag turbo et al added)
22. 1995 Honda Accord
23. 1996 Honda Civic Si Hatch
24. 1972 Alfa Romeo Spider (money pit, what was I thinking?)
25. 1995-6 Honda CBR 600F3
26. 1995 GMC Typhoon (wife totaled it)
27. 1996 Chevy S10 Extreme pickup
Divorce-rebuilding era
28. 1992 Honda Civic EX sedan (engine blew in a month)
29. 1987 Honda Civic POS
30. 1995 Ford Mustang GT vert
31. 1998 Honda Civic EX (highly modded)
32. 1999 Honda Civic SI (S/C'ed and highly modded)
33. 2001 Chevy Blazer Extreme (S/C'ed & modded)
34. Buell LIghtning
35. 2002 Ford SVT Focus (S/C'ed, modded...cool little car)
36. 2001 BMW 330Ci (rims, exhaust, intake, clears, big stereo)
37. 2003 BMW M3 6spd (totaled by wife in rain after 2months, 1st time I let her drive it)
38. 2001 Suzuki TL1000S
39. 1998 Ducati 900SS
40. 2003 Nissan 350Z (stolen at Del Mar Fair)
41. 2003 Infiniti G35 sedan (modded pretty heavily)
42. 2005 BMW 330i ZHP

Jesu-christo that is a lot of cars!. It almost makes me sad to think about all of them. How I managed to buy and sell 7 houses during that time, have 3 kids, and go from E-2 to E-7 in the Navy amazes me. Thanks for the trip down memory lane devil-dog!
Hollywood619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 05:41 AM   #47
Jays01Bimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Copperascove TX
Posts: 224
My Ride: 01 325I
FIRST CAR 79 toyota Supra,85 supra,82celica,Ford courier Low Rider, Mazda 2000 Low Rider,1985 300ZX,1991 300ZX,1992 Nissan Pathfinder,1985 Mustang GT,88 Mustang,86Mustang(DRAG CAR)87 Mustang Super Charged Paxton Novi 1000,91 Mustang LX Super Charged Kenny Bell with DSS331,1990 Coupe HOLIGAN Turbo Drag.1995 Mustang Drag NOS 512 CI Tube Chasis,Current PROCHARGED 88 Coupe 10.5 in NMRA Drag 331 AFR Heads Dual Stage NOS.TKO Pro5.0 Best time to date 9s.Bikes .83 Honda Magna V65,86V65,95 GSX-R1100,99GSX-R750,02GSX-R1000,HONDA125,YAMAHA225DX Three Wheeler,200Honda Three Wheeler,Honda 250 Three wheeler,88 HONDA Hurricane,Honda Night Hawk750,CBR 929,CBR 900RR,Kawasaki Ninja ZX900,99zx750,91zx750,Honda F4I Stunt,GSX-R 750 Stunt. Current Pro Circuit199 Honda 250 Dirt BIKE,05Gsxr 1000, Range Rover,VW JETTA GLI,BMW 325I, I know i forgot something lol Thats my list oh damn i forgot my 65 Mustang Fast Back. Sold it and i still regret it
__________________
You work everyday get what the hell you want!
Jays01Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 10:10 AM   #48
E46Marine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: DC Area
Posts: 60
My Ride: 99 323I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood619 View Post
Wow, now that's a list devil-dog. Anyway, here I go
1. (Starting in 1985) 1979 Chevy Monza Spider
2. 1972 Pontiac Can-Am 454 Le Mans
3. 1977 Bandit-Edition Trans Am
4. 1970 YZ250 dirt bike
5. 1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24
6. 1972 Buick Convertible (boat)
Enlisted, went to Japan
7. 1987 Honda City Turbo
8. 1975? Nissan Skyline GT
9. 1987 Honda Prelude
10. 1990 Honda 250RR sport bike
11. R32 Nissaqn Skyline GT-R
12. 1991 Honda CB1000 Naked sport bike
13. 1992 Honda 400RR sport bike
14. 1987 Honda NSR 400R Freddie Spencer rep
15. R32 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec
Back to States
16. 1992 Chevy Cavalier Z24
17. 1990 Fiero GT (POS)
18. 1990 Chevy Blazer 4X4 (give me a break it was Michigan)
19. 1994 Eagle Talon AWD Turbo
20. 1995 Honda CBR600
21. 1994 Honda Civic coupe (body kit, Drag turbo et al added)
22. 1995 Honda Accord
23. 1996 Honda Civic Si Hatch
24. 1972 Alfa Romeo Spider (money pit, what was I thinking?)
25. 1995-6 Honda CBR 600F3
26. 1995 GMC Typhoon (wife totaled it)
27. 1996 Chevy S10 Extreme pickup
Divorce-rebuilding era
28. 1992 Honda Civic EX sedan (engine blew in a month)
29. 1987 Honda Civic POS
30. 1995 Ford Mustang GT vert
31. 1998 Honda Civic EX (highly modded)
32. 1999 Honda Civic SI (S/C'ed and highly modded)
33. 2001 Chevy Blazer Extreme (S/C'ed & modded)
34. Buell LIghtning
35. 2002 Ford SVT Focus (S/C'ed, modded...cool little car)
36. 2001 BMW 330Ci (rims, exhaust, intake, clears, big stereo)
37. 2003 BMW M3 6spd (totaled by wife in rain after 2months, 1st time I let her drive it)
38. 2001 Suzuki TL1000S
39. 1998 Ducati 900SS
40. 2003 Nissan 350Z (stolen at Del Mar Fair)
41. 2003 Infiniti G35 sedan (modded pretty heavily)
42. 2005 BMW 330i ZHP

Jesu-christo that is a lot of cars!. It almost makes me sad to think about all of them. How I managed to buy and sell 7 houses during that time, have 3 kids, and go from E-2 to E-7 in the Navy amazes me. Thanks for the trip down memory lane devil-dog!
You got me beat, you are the new
E46Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 10:12 AM   #49
E46Marine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: DC Area
Posts: 60
My Ride: 99 323I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays01Bimmer View Post
FIRST CAR 79 toyota Supra,85 supra,82celica,Ford courier Low Rider, Mazda 2000 Low Rider,1985 300ZX,1991 300ZX,1992 Nissan Pathfinder,1985 Mustang GT,88 Mustang,86Mustang(DRAG CAR)87 Mustang Super Charged Paxton Novi 1000,91 Mustang LX Super Charged Kenny Bell with DSS331,1990 Coupe HOLIGAN Turbo Drag.1995 Mustang Drag NOS 512 CI Tube Chasis,Current PROCHARGED 88 Coupe 10.5 in NMRA Drag 331 AFR Heads Dual Stage NOS.TKO Pro5.0 Best time to date 9s.Bikes .83 Honda Magna V65,86V65,95 GSX-R1100,99GSX-R750,02GSX-R1000,HONDA125,YAMAHA225DX Three Wheeler,200Honda Three Wheeler,Honda 250 Three wheeler,88 HONDA Hurricane,Honda Night Hawk750,CBR 929,CBR 900RR,Kawasaki Ninja ZX900,99zx750,91zx750,Honda F4I Stunt,GSX-R 750 Stunt. Current Pro Circuit199 Honda 250 Dirt BIKE,05Gsxr 1000, Range Rover,VW JETTA GLI,BMW 325I, I know i forgot something lol Thats my list oh damn i forgot my 65 Mustang Fast Back. Sold it and i still regret it
Sounds like someone here (other than me) has the need for speed bug
E46Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 10:27 AM   #50
Titan3er
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Apex, NC
Posts: 148
My Ride: 2003 BMW 330i ZHP
I am almost 23 years old and I started driving when I was 17. Over 6 Years, this is my list of cars I have had, some of which were winter rides in. Next to each car is the length of time I owned them, so obviously there are several overlaps.

1976 Volkswagen Bus (1 year)
1975 Volkswagen Westfalia (1 month)
1992 Acura Integra LS (1 year)
1991 Acura Integra LS (2 months)
1992 Acura Integra GS (2.5 years)
1992 Chevrolet S-10 (1 month)
1988 Audi 5000S (4 months)
1994 Honda Del Sol (2 months)
1994 Honda Civic EX (2 months)
1999 Volkswagen Jetta GL (2 months)
1995.5 Isuzu Rodeo LS (1.5 years)
1992 Volkswagen Jetta GL (4 months)
1991 Honda Accord EX (2 months)
1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo (10 months)
2002 Honda Civic Si (4 months)
2003 BMW 330i ZHP (current, have had for 3 weeks, but plan to keep for a long time!)
__________________
Titan3er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:46 AM   #51
Cowboy Bebop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: the frozen north
Posts: 1,241
My Ride: 03-M3
Send a message via AIM to Cowboy Bebop
I thought this was about "cars" you've owned!

I have owned more than I can count, way more that 40, heck when I started driving I had 5 cars already, and it just escelated from there!
but then again, I am 50+ years old so I have had a head start on most of you.
I don't count bikes in that number or it will get realy silly.

still, an impressive number for your age.
__________________

"It is Pointless, and endless trouble, to cast a stone at every dog that barks at you" - anonymous
Cowboy Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 08:15 AM   #52
E46Marine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: DC Area
Posts: 60
My Ride: 99 323I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Bebop View Post
I thought this was about "cars" you've owned!

I have owned more than I can count, way more that 40, heck when I started driving I had 5 cars already, and it just escelated from there!
but then again, I am 50+ years old so I have had a head start on most of you.
I don't count bikes in that number or it will get realy silly.

still, an impressive number for your age.
Would love to see your list of cars and motorcycles. C'mon share with us.
E46Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:21 PM   #53
shahshauhin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 232
My Ride: 1999 328i
I had so much fun with all of these cars. What a great post to relive all the memories..

1989 BMW M3 (E30)
1985.5 Porsche 944 (turbo engine swap)
1992 BMW 525i (all black with racing dynamic wheels)
2001 Mercedes E320 sport (E55 body package)
2000 Audi A6 Quattro
1987 Porsche 944 Turbo (fully modded, 22psi boost)
1998 BMW 528i Sport
1999 BMW 328i (current car)

Here's a little gallery:


-shauhin

Last edited by shahshauhin; 08-19-2006 at 01:38 PM.
shahshauhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:52 PM   #54
F150bmw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Lacey, WA
Posts: 770
My Ride: 325i
1st- 1981 VW Rabbit Wolfsburg edition
2nd- Chevrolet... something
3rd- Pontiac Lemans
4th- Honda Civic LX
5th- Audi 5000s
6th- Honda Accord
7th- Ford Explorer Sport
8th- Suzuki Katana 600
Germany...
9th- Ford F150 XLT
10th- BMW 325i
Next- BMW 530i or Range Rover LR3
__________________
RWCII

Last edited by F150bmw; 08-19-2006 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Update
F150bmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:54 PM   #55
F150bmw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Lacey, WA
Posts: 770
My Ride: 325i
Oh yeah....

I haven't owned them but I've had plenty of armored vehicles throughout my Army career, mainly the HUMMWV or HUMMER.
__________________
RWCII
F150bmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 04:48 PM   #56
Z4EC
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 526
My Ride: Z4
2000 BMW Z3 2.3 (sold)
2003 BMW Z4 2.5 (sold)
2004 BMW Z4 3.0 (lemon)
2005 Infiniti G35 coupe (current daily driver)
2006 BMW Z4 M-rodaster (weekend fun car)
Z4EC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 05:07 PM   #57
electred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Scottsdale
Posts: 0
My Ride: 2004 325i sedan
I am humbled.

I thought I had been through a number of cars in 15 years:

82 Toyota Corolla SR-5 Coupe (RWD; slow as a sunrise)
92 Nissan Sentra SE-R (classic)
99 Acura Integra LS
98 Nissan Maxima SE
03 Acura RSX Type S
04 BMW 325i sedan
electred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:06 AM   #58
Cowboy Bebop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: the frozen north
Posts: 1,241
My Ride: 03-M3
Send a message via AIM to Cowboy Bebop
E46Marine;

I am not at all sure that I can even remember all the manufacturer names, forget about each ones year and model.
I can tell you there are few people out there who have heard of some of them... EG- Goliath, Wartburg and Simca.
It could be done I suppose, but it would take considerable time and carpal tunnel would insue!

I have actually only owned 5 motorcycles, but I said bikes... I raced bicycles for many years and have owned probably around 60-70 bikes, Again names most would not recognize... EG- Scapin, Phillippe, Baylis, Gary-David... both road and Mtn... 7 of which still hang around on my walls now.
__________________

"It is Pointless, and endless trouble, to cast a stone at every dog that barks at you" - anonymous
Cowboy Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:15 AM   #59
E46Marine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: DC Area
Posts: 60
My Ride: 99 323I
Quote:
Originally Posted by dystynkt View Post
i have a thing for switching cars often. im sure by the time im in my 30's i will have an extremely long list (im only 21 right now)...so ya here it is i got my first car at 17

01 toyota rav4
02 ford ranger edge (lifted, blah blah)
94 bmw 325is (where i started my car modding craze)
02 dodge srt-4 (mopar s1, learned that i HATED fwd)
95 bmw ///m3 (got this one pretty well built)
05 mitsu evo VIII

and my current cars:
06 chevy equinox (the daily driver)
99 bmw 323i (F.I.)
at this rate, you will pass me in no time, awesome
E46Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:18 AM   #60
E46Marine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: DC Area
Posts: 60
My Ride: 99 323I
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahshauhin View Post
I had so much fun with all of these cars. What a great post to relive all the memories..

1989 BMW M3 (E30)
1985.5 Porsche 944 (turbo engine swap)
1992 BMW 525i (all black with racing dynamic wheels)
2001 Mercedes E320 sport (E55 body package)
2000 Audi A6 Quattro
1987 Porsche 944 Turbo (fully modded, 22psi boost)
1998 BMW 528i Sport
1999 BMW 328i (current car)

Here's a little gallery:


-shauhin
I see you have strict European taste!!
E46Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use