E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum

The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum
Use this forum to discuss anything in relation to wheels to tires to offsets.
Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2002, 06:42 PM   #1
FredH

My Ride: 02 M3
Send a message via AIM to FredH
WHich one is better? Moda R6 or AC Type III

too many people have the Type III, which is why i'm more leaning towards MODA R6. IS MOda R6 rims good, hard, not easily bent. Any pics of Both wheels on M3 are appreciated. Comments?

Thanks
FredH is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-12-2002, 07:16 PM   #2
Cal
Still a fanatic...

My Ride: 08 GL450/04 E320/98M
I've heard that Moda wheels are quite soft (compared to others). What I do know is that they're HEAVY. THe 18" is 27 lbs, and figure about 25 lbs for the 17".
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 07:28 PM   #3
wickeduro
owner of a snazzy haircut

My Ride: delivery van
Send a message via AIM to wickeduro
Moda is a wheel company that has sorta faded into the background in recent years. Decent quality, being the bastard step child of BBS. But in my humble opinion the designs just arnt exciting. Plus Id be suprized if they made fitments to fill out the M3's cavern like wheelwells.
What can be said about the type III that hasnt be said before? Awesome quality, light weight and strength. The sexy design has been around the block a few times, but it looks so good, you know you cant resist mounting them. Get the multi piece for extra street cred.
Ding, ding. The Type three wins this bout by a K.O.
E.C.U.'s suck donkey

Last edited by wickeduro; 04-12-2002 at 07:42 PM.
wickeduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 08:09 PM   #4
Harvinator
Oaf

My Ride: 330 ci
Send a message via AIM to Harvinator
Type III without question. Looks, light weight, it's got it all
Harvinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 09:10 PM   #5
Tominizer

My Ride: none
Moda R6 looks great in 19" with lowered suspension. But soft and heavy. IF you're looking for a 5 spoke design, check out the SSR GT1.......... and there's a few other rare birds out there too from the Asia continent. Also the Hamann HMII but they are also common. BTW, the SSR GT1 are nice and lite and semi solid forged ....... .nice wheel. And if you want the rivets..... look at the SSR GT3.

laterz
Tominizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 03:20 PM   #6
InlineSiX
illstylez

My Ride: 1999 328i
hehe well i love my type IIIs so i guess i cant really be very objective here....
InlineSiX is offline   Reply With Quote