E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-31-2013, 02:41 PM   #1
Orchazum

My Ride: Steel Grey 330i
Umnitza Angel Eyes

I was a proud owner of Umnitza's Multi Colored Angel eyes. Not so much anymore. I purchased these about a year and a half ago, and have had problems ever since. As these are not my first set ( previously an owner of Khoalty) and have not had any of these problems i will list.

1st Problem: The angle eyes shown in the picture is not what you get. The rings are all the same size and fit very poorly. Not what i paid $300.00 for.

2nd Problem. The harness actually melted at where it connects to the terminal, also melting where the ecu connection is. Not very safe, considering the car is quite dependent on it and is not a cheap part to fix . They exclaimed sorrow. in their email, because calling them is not really an option, and told me i could pay to have a new one sent and then would be refunded the money.. Silly considering the fact i had enough pictures to prove it.
Their repsonse
Chaz,

Thank you for your email.
There is likely a poor voltage issue with your main terminal here. This part isn’t covered but the good news is that you can fix this issue in less than 3 minutes with a $2 connector at any radio shack.
You basically will cut off your old connector past the melted point, then just put on a new connector where it used to be, crimp it down.

There is one other cause for this – if the two connectors are vibrating together and occasionally arcing together, it can cause this, best to make sure they simply touch all the time OR don’t have any proximity in touching at that “bridged” location

3rd problem: Ongoing for a few weeks here, An angel eye has been half lit. When i tap on it , it lights up all the way for a few seconds, and then goes back to its half lit stage. As you can see here
Its quite embarassing to drive around with one half lit. Their response's

Nov. 18th
Can you see if it’s just the ring or the box by switching them around?

I tried that to no avail. Few weeks later, i uploaded the above video. Their response
12/31
-Umnitza-So if you hit the ring, it won’t flicker anymore. Otherwise it does? How cold is it outside?
-(Me)I live in florida and its 70 outside.
-Umnitza-It’s definitely the ring. Can you please send it back to us on Thursday and we’ll replace it for you? we need to identify an issue with it first prior to sending you a new one.

Now obviously im a little upset and irritated at the fact they sport a lifetime or a 5 year warranty. Im dissapointed. My Khoalty AE's were 100 bucks and never had these problems. I just figured i would let the board know of my problems, before they consider purchasing the multicolor angel eyes from umnitza. Happy Holidays.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20131104_195855.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	540657   Click image for larger version

Name:	20131104_195850.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	540658  

Multi Color Angel Eyes, MD, K&N, Sharked, Y-Rated Shoes
Orchazum is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:55 PM   #2
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
shocking

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."
wasp9166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:05 PM   #3
patrickmurray2

My Ride: 2005 bmw 330i e46
Umnitza Angel Eyes

I would just get rid of them completely, angel eyes are a nice touch,but not worth the troubles they produce. Good luck buddy with the AE's

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
patrickmurray2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:16 PM   #4
JapanRot325ci

My Ride: '04 M54b25Ci
ring sizing...are you sure you got the right ones? the sedans and coupe rings are both completely different. you may have gotten the coupe instead of sedan rings.

Build in progress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamada12 View Post
You could put in a cold air intake that would probably give u 5-15 go increase and if u put a cat back exhaust u could get 40+ hp (pretty sure it more but) together plus high octane gas maybe u could get like 50+ hp
JapanRot325ci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:35 PM   #5
Orchazum

I'm most likely going to go back to my Khoalty set. At least that worked.

Old 12-31-2013, 03:41 PM   #6
Orchazum

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanRot325ci View Post
ring sizing...are you sure you got the right ones? the sedans and coupe rings are both completely different. you may have gotten the coupe instead of sedan rings.
I had called them when I first received them and asked the same question. Obviously I know that my car is a sedan. And they replied with I was sent the right set of rings. I should have sent the AE back then.

Old 12-31-2013, 03:44 PM   #7
Orchazum

We appreciate your comments. The warranty is for the parts. Just like buying from a store, you still have to take the time to go back to the store and get it exchanged.* As for the wiring harness, installation factors greatly into the decision to charge for a harness.

Without knowing the exact information about your case, I can't tell you why you were charged for it, but if you still have the details

The above is their response to my message to them more or less complaining as to why I have to send them back items that are broken on my own money. I assume that I followed their directions wrong as my mechanic as to the installation.

Old 12-31-2013, 06:42 PM   #8
umnitza
877•486•6489

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Your warranty is a lifetime on all angel eyes, this doesn't cover return shipping after 30 days and is a policy we have listed on our site.
Our multi-color rings use a little more advanced design than the Orion V2 or the Orion V4 and this design can occasionally lead to a premature failure.

To ship a ring back, just put it into a padded envelope or small box and ship it back using first class mail - about $2-5.
Once we receive it, we'll examine, test, and replace the ring.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:37 AM   #9
CJin2552

My Ride: 2001 BMW 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchazum View Post
I just figured i would let the board know of my problems, before they consider purchasing the multicolor angel eyes from umnitza. Happy Holidays.
Thanks for the post. I was considering these halos, but everything that can ever go wrong with my lights does go wrong. These are probably not for me, as before, I didn't know that they had any problems.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:10 AM   #10
Blueandwhite85

My Ride: E46
Re: Umnitza Angel Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchazum View Post
I'm most likely going to go back to my Khoalty set. At least that worked.

If the Khoalty AEs were flawless, why did you switch?
Blueandwhite85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:13 AM   #11
patrickmurray2

My Ride: 2005 bmw 330i e46
Umnitza Angel Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueandwhite85 View Post
He probably wanted the multicolor I'm guessing, too much money for them though

patrickmurray2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:13 AM   #12
Orchazum

Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza View Post
Your warranty is a lifetime on all angel eyes, this doesn't cover return shipping after 30 days and is a policy we have listed on our site.
Our multi-color rings use a little more advanced design than the Orion V2 or the Orion V4 and this design can occasionally lead to a premature failure.

To ship a ring back, just put it into a padded envelope or small box and ship it back using first class mail - about $2-5.
Once we receive it, we'll examine, test, and replace the ring.
Occasional failure..... I will send it back no worries.

Old 01-01-2014, 02:15 AM   #13
Orchazum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueandwhite85 View Post
What PatrickMurray said. I wanted multicolor . I wanted to stand out. And not because of half lit angel eyes either

Old 01-02-2014, 11:08 AM   #14
umnitza
877•486•6489

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Too often all the item get lumped together.

We have never hidden the fact that Orion Lite kits are the same ones sold on eBay. Our pricing is very aggressive on them but it still does take into account that we have to offer a warranty on them longer than "feedback warranty" on ebay.

Orion V2 are not found on eBay or other places - sure there are a few knock-offs floating around but 5 years on the market, the only product with an indestructible lifetime warranty says something.
Orion V2.5 is a mixture of V2 and V4, eventually it will take over the V2 mantle once inventory of the V2 is depleted.
Orion V4 also have a lifetime warranty but have no equal - though they are very expensive in comparison.

Orion V2 Multi-color are unique in that they offer a wired controller solution with a very reliable base. Recently between February and May of 2013, our RGB LED supplier began skimping on some items, unfortunately, we didn't find out about this until failures started occurring on about 5% of the units rings. We're replacing everyone's rings or even full kits in some cases due to this supplier problem. Despite the naysayers who say we don't cover warranty, we always do.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:31 AM   #15
WDE46

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
Sounds like you got unlucky. I'd replace the terminals and the ring and see how it goes. The connector thing makes me think you're getting a voltage drop at the connector and it's heating up the connection. You can check that with a good multimeter.

Common Sense is officially dead.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:23 PM   #16
maxfury929

My Ride: 2006 BMW M3 Coupe
Send a message via Skype™ to maxfury929
Wow...My Multicolor V2s have been working like a champ since I installed them back in August. Sorry to here some are having issues.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:47 PM   #17
XKR

My Ride: 2001 M3 Convertible
One of my rings already went and the replacement's color is a bit off. The orange isn't the same orange as the other 3 are. But blue, green, purple and red work fine. Just orange, yellow and that lime color is giving me headaches. oh yeah the white color is very much more white on the new replacement so everything looks off. oh well at least I could turn them off :p

Still no regrets buying them. They sure turn heads especially when they're on red

SGT catless headers

Full BW 3.5" Straight Pipe Race Exhaust w/ diffuser

Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs
Sebion CF hood | CF Kidneys | Ümnitiza Multi Color AE | Dynavin Nav D99+ w/Android | Blue Leds | Smoked LED Corners | Projector Fogs w/ 50w 3k HID| Painted Reflectors

Last edited by XKR; 01-10-2014 at 11:50 PM.
XKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:07 AM   #18
tkxallday

My Ride: BMW 330ci
Installed these Orion V2.5's the other day Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1389510416.015972.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	542258

tkxallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:08 AM   #19
XKR

My Ride: 2001 M3 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkxallday View Post
Installed these Orion V2.5's the other day Attachment 542258

so are they multi colored? they have a purple hue to them

SGT catless headers

Full BW 3.5" Straight Pipe Race Exhaust w/ diffuser

Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs
Sebion CF hood | CF Kidneys | Ümnitiza Multi Color AE | Dynavin Nav D99+ w/Android | Blue Leds | Smoked LED Corners | Projector Fogs w/ 50w 3k HID| Painted Reflectors
XKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:58 PM   #20
maxfury929

My Ride: 2006 BMW M3 Coupe
Send a message via Skype™ to maxfury929
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKR View Post
One of my rings already went and the replacement's color is a bit off. The orange isn't the same orange as the other 3 are. But blue, green, purple and red work fine. Just orange, yellow and that lime color is giving me headaches. oh yeah the white color is very much more white on the new replacement so everything looks off. oh well at least I could turn them off :p

Still no regrets buying them. They sure turn heads especially when they're on red
Yes they do turn heads....Got into trouble with the blue here in Hawaii though.

Tags
angel eye, umnitza