E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum

BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by BAVSOUND

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2017, 07:55 AM   #1
Minnesota

My Ride: 2005 330ci
2017 Intravee II Seekers

Greetings.

I did the pre-buy on the Toys For Your Car website for the promised April of 2017 run of the Intravee II device. I thought I'd start a thread here so that others who have done the same can have a place to report news and track the progress of their order.

As of today, April 4, there is no new news to report, but I'm hoping something will be coming soon. Right now my in-car audio consists of talk radio and various compact discs I have floating around the car. I am waiting eagerly to get the iPod hooked up so I can listen to my whole music library and start using the sweet features provided by the Intravee.

Anyone else who has one on order please chime in and let us know who you are.

Minnesota
Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:05 PM   #2
Minnesota

Here's a link to the vendor's website.
Old 04-05-2017, 12:08 AM   #3
texas_touring

My Ride: 2003 325xiT
You will LOVE using the Intravee, I have enjoyed mine very much for a few years now and I always forget that it's an aftermarket accessory because it feels so factory integrated.
texas_touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:27 AM   #4
Onizukachan

My Ride: `04 M56 Touring
I thought very seriously about doing intravee, it is one of the reasons I wanted Nav on na e46.

However I got used to using the factory aux ($35) and running my phone from my watch.

E46 Touring TV Tuner Install/Mounting DIY
Wiring City Lights, Rear Fogs, and Rear Camera in a Touring
Onizukachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:37 PM   #5
Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizukachan View Post
I thought very seriously about doing intravee, it is one of the reasons I wanted Nav on na e46.

However I got used to using the factory aux ($35) and running my phone from my watch.
That is a novel solution and I have considered the aux idea myself. It is certainly cheaper than the whole Intravee setup. However, I already had a KCA-420 laying around and it isn't too expensive to get a relatively large-capacity iPod these days. So really all I had to buy was the Intravee device itself.

What really put me over the top on the decision to go the Intravee route was the ability to navigate the iPod via the user interface that already exists in the car. In my old E30 I had an older Alpine head unit that, through the use of the KCA-420, could play songs off the iPod. Unfortunately the UI was a huge pain in the butt. For one thing you had to scroll through all the songs on your iPod, A-Z to find a song. Or you had to scroll through all the artists, A-Z and then all that artist's albums to get to what you wanted to play. I like Rush a lot. They have something like 30 albums to wade through. To make matters worse, the head unit had this brilliant invention called (IIRC) the "scroll bar" or something like that. You had to lightly press on this bar and wave your finger across to scroll through songs and then hard press the bar to select something. So you'd be scrolling along and the car wound hit a bump and you'd select whatever you happened to be on at that moment. To go back to searching you had to go back to the START OF THE ALPHABET and start all over. So if your song or artist happened to start with an R it might take you forever to get where you wanted to go, or you might just give up and listen to wherever you'd happened to land.

With the Intravee things look much easier. I can't wait to get it installed.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:30 PM   #6
Onizukachan

My Ride: `04 M56 Touring
Yes, I had a 420i and a 9835 in my e34t. Predecessor head, no funky scroll bar.

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...ock-in-the-e34

I still have a nano, gen 7 now, but this time I'm going to go PiBus.
I really enjoy Apple Music and unlimited internet much more than curating my nano.
And I like playing videos on screen in addition to just music.

E46 Touring TV Tuner Install/Mounting DIY
Wiring City Lights, Rear Fogs, and Rear Camera in a Touring
Onizukachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 02:51 PM   #7
Minnesota

I got an email today from the Intravee vendor. They expect to get a shipment from the builder by the end of next week. Orders will be shipped out soon thereafter.
I would think deliveries in the US would start arriving by the end of April.