E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:01 AM   #2021
infamous_e46

My Ride: Tu Mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco savage View Post
while i dont disagree...like to hear why you think that about this fight
edit the more i watch it damn he just got caught and i still dont like rashad he will get ktfo soon

Last edited by infamous_e46; 09-07-2008 at 05:25 AM.
infamous_e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:17 AM   #2022
coco savage

My Ride: 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by infamous_e46 View Post
typical rashad style fight run around attack run around then most cases decision win

but i guess this time chuck got paid to take a dive
lol sorry chuck didnt paid to get KO'd like that..haha

Random Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:19 AM   #2023
chopstik

My Ride: 2011 WRX
Quote:
typical rashad style fight run around attack run around then most cases decision win

i don't think chuck was paid to lose......there are other ways to lose than get knocked the fack out the way he did....chuck is old and slower than he was a few years ago.....he was a split second away from landing that uppercut...had he been younger, maybe it would've connected....that's just my $.02
Old 09-07-2008, 02:34 AM   #2024
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopstik View Post
hey, who else saw rashod evans tweaking his nipples repeatedly?
Apparently, that's the secret to winning.

Quote:

Come on... if you got paid to take a dive, wouldn't you do it in a way that doesn't hurt like a motherfuker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco savage View Post
lol sorry chuck didnt paid to get KO'd like that..haha
Coco knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopstik View Post
i don't think chuck was paid to lose......there are other ways to lose than get knocked the fack out the way he did....chuck is old and slower than he was a few years ago.....he was a split second away from landing that uppercut...had he been younger, maybe it would've connected....that's just my $.02
His uppercut was so close, but getting in that close was a mistake. Props to Rashad. I didn't think much of him before, and he's still got some ways to go before I rank him near the top. However, he seems to have figured out Chuck's gameplan and he played it smart.

Watch it while you can:

And here's the gif:

Last edited by 'busa; 09-07-2008 at 03:05 AM.
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:25 AM   #2025
infamous_e46

edited my previous post
Old 09-07-2008, 12:13 PM   #2026
coco savage

lol @ edit.....ya haya, like i wanna take a dive so let me do so in the most painful way possible?

evans did dance and just picked his spot. It helped him win, is it pretty? Is it cool? maybe not but it worked for him.

Its funny those punches seem to hit like nearly at the same time, i wonder if chucks uppercut was more accurate what would have happened

Random Images

Quote:
Old 09-07-2008, 12:30 PM   #2027
dniper71

My Ride: A car
The 1st round of the Liddel fight, I thought it was gonan be a terrible fight cuz both fighters (espeically Evans) looked like they were afraid of each other (sort of like that Arlovski/Sylvia 3rd fight).... Liddel was trying to force tha action though so I thought he would catch evans eventually; never saw a devestating KO like that coming though.
dniper71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:02 AM   #2028
Mo_Zhp

My Ride: Sedan E30 m20b25
Send a message via AIM to Mo_Zhp
Lost $60 last night on my fighter, i almost couldn't believe what happened with the Liddel fight, but when i thought about it, it actually didn't surprise me too much. The way Evans was moving around, and throwing wild punches and running/moving again, it actually was a good game plan. He is a faster striker, props to him, he was a good sport about it too, i liked his attitude. I'm not too crazy about his style of fighting tho, he is gonna get his ass handed too him very soon. It happens..

Still got mad respect for Chuck.

"Any BMW I'll ever own has already been built."
Mo_Zhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 03:43 AM   #2029
chopstik

My Ride: 2011 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayabusa55 View Post
Apparently, that's the secret to winning.

must be...check this out

by the way....i wasn't fond of rashod's showboating in the fight b/c he really wasn't tested in all his fights so to be acting the way he was kind of rubbed me the wrong way......but in the end, it worked for him and he got the KO so props to him........he's like a wannabe roy jones jr., only mma...haha
Old 09-08-2008, 03:46 AM   #2030
infamous_e46

fk rashad he hasnt been tested

but we all know alot of mma fighters get lucky hits ala' matt serra
Old 09-08-2008, 06:48 AM   #2031
'busa

I don't know why some people think Rashad got lucky? Is it because it was Chuck he was fighting?

Rashad looked like he had a good plan. He kept Chuck at bay, didn't try to take him down like everyone expected, and looked for an opening. I think he did that very well.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:37 AM   #2032
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife
Maybe the nipple tweaking is a Greg Jackson thing?

I thought Rashad had a good game plan. I don't think that Chuck is done at all, but I do believe that he needs to train with someone other than Hackelman at The Pit. The MMA world is passing them right by in terms of training and development.

Overall I thought it was a good PPV. I'm glad that they showed the Lambert/Macdonald fight at the end, I was really interested in seeing that one. I thought Franklin/Hamill was good, and went about how I thought it would go (minus the leg kick ending the fight, I certainly didn't see that coming). I've noticed that Hamill has tried to keep his fights standing and is trading punches. I don't understand that strategy with his wrestling background. He should be shooting in and trying for ground and pound.
Serbonze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:05 AM   #2033
SteveFromNY

My Ride: Audi Q5, 330i ZHP
Quote:
I don't know why some people think Rashad got lucky? Is it because it was Chuck he was fighting?

Rashad looked like he had a good plan. He kept Chuck at bay, didn't try to take him down like everyone expected, and looked for an opening. I think he did that very well.
+1

Rashad had a great gameplan. He used the 1st round to get Chuck's timing down and executed the rest of the plan perfectly in round 2.

source: http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles...-talk-ko-14323

Quote:
“Rashad, did you get it?” Jackson asked in the corner between rounds. “Did you get his timing?”

Jeff Sherwood/Sherdog.com

Trainer John Hackleman asked
Liddell to keep his left hand up
after the first round. The former
205-pound champion was knocked
out by a right hand minutes later.

“Yeah, I got it,” Evans answered.

“Are you sure you got his timing?”

“Yeah,” Evans answered again.

“Go get him.”

The knockout came less than two minutes later.

“What that was is figuring out how [Liddell] punched, when he punched. It didn’t matter if [Evans] won or lost that [first] round because he was establishing his opponent’s timing so he can get around it … where you put a strike in between two strikes, in between his jab and his uppercut.

“Rashad was able to land that right hand because Chuck brings his left hand low. So [the first round] was Rashad kind of figuring it out, getting him frustrated, making him come into him. A lot actually happened in that round even though it looked like we lost it. We were actually getting ready to win the war.”
Old 09-08-2008, 08:14 AM   #2034
'busa

That makes it even more interesting. Maybe I'll watch it again. Funny how they both swung, but Rashad beat Chuck 'to the punch.'
Old 09-08-2008, 09:39 AM   #2035
coco savage

Quote:

its cause they were chuck fans.....bitter he lost

Random Images

Quote:
Old 09-08-2008, 10:05 AM   #2036
MATT0404

My Ride: F800GS
I'm still a Chuck fan, but I think his days are numbered, if not over, as a title contender. He's a one-dimensional fighter and most have figured out how to defeat him. Rashad knew exactly what he was doing. He made Chuck be the aggressor and chase him around then he counter-punched the counter-puncher. Also, as evidenced in this fight as well as the Rampage fight, when Chuck swings low (uppercut/body shot) his left hand either drops or is too far away from his face, leaving his chin perfectly exposed. Can Chuck still K-someone-TFO? Of course, but he's not evolving with the sport.
MATT0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:15 AM   #2037
howie

My Ride: CLK55 AMG, E90 335i
Send a message via AIM to howie Send a message via Yahoo to howie
daaaaaaaaaaamn sounds like i missed some hella fights!?!!! fahwk
howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:31 PM   #2038
Mo_Zhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikerCapitalEnt View Post
+1

Rashad had a great gameplan. He used the 1st round to get Chuck's timing down and executed the rest of the plan perfectly in round 2.

source: http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles...-talk-ko-14323
Interesting..

Old 09-08-2008, 04:52 PM   #2039
Balljinder

My Ride: is blue
Chuck is a fat guy. He needs to learn to actually train hard.... maybe diversify his game a bit. I definitely think he doesn't deserve to be headlining cards, that's a for sure.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:01 PM   #2040
Mo_Zhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balljinder View Post
Chuck is a fat guy. He needs to learn to actually train hard.... maybe diversify his game a bit. I definitely think he doesn't deserve to be headlining cards, that's a for sure.
Yeah thats why he handled Wanderlei silva fair and square on his last fight.

He lost this fight because he was too confident with his striking and by going in on Evans not worrying too much about defense. And Rashad had an amazing game plan and worked his way up to the punch he was looking for and got it down faster than chuck.

Don't bash or underestimate Liddel just because of this knockout loss, it happens, he'll be back in better shape and most importantly he'll be back smarter.