E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:34 AM   #4861
Hedges

My Ride: C63 AMG
He lost it on purpose so he can make more on the rematch!
Old 07-07-2013, 09:36 AM   #4862
fckupayme

My Ride: Razor Scooter on 20s
Too much showboating. Simple as that. He kept playing too g0dd@mn much. As I watched him do a Harlem Shake I said damn this dude is just acting up... BOOM BOOM... over

fckupayme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:44 PM   #4863
Vin Vega

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
I'm probably the only person who made money on that fight haha. To say that silva took a dive to give up the belt? what fight were you watching? He is a great BJJ fighter, which means he is comfortable on his back. Weidman worked him when he was on the ground, and silva had to try to make weidman fight HIS fight, but stay on his feet he thought he was in his head, but in the first round he took that opportunity to just rack up points and kill the round, Everyone was like "try to take him down what are you doing" towards the end of the first, but weidman did the right thing, he won the round. Silva was ****ing PISSED that he couldn't contain him on the ground. Then in the second silva tried to continue doing that **** and ended up just like overeem. That stupid **** ended both of there careers in the same year. Any other fight I backed silva, but when you have this guy who made it to number 1 in contention in 9 fights, went undefeated his whole professional career at ROC (which is not a BS promotion) you can't just expect Silva to get an easy W.

Last edited by Vin Vega; 07-07-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Vin Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:01 AM   #4864
alphawhiskey

My Ride: Foxtrot
Anyone saying Silva lost on purpose...lol.

Here's what happened, plain and simple:

1. Weidman took him down early, and showed him what was up early on. Silva didn't expect him to be so tough on the ground, and Silva was hurt and shocked.

2. After he got back up, Silva wanted to save his face/pride and pretend like he was just messing around. This begins:

3. Silva starts clowning around to really sell that he was just messing around (but he wasn't). He puts his hands down, dances around, etc. Taunts Weidman, gives him instructions, and even gets back against the cage. He basically acts like an asshole because he was so caught off guard.

BUT, every now and then, you can see that he is trying (very hard). He just can't connect. He tries incredibly hard, but throws the clowning into the mix to make it seem like he is not because he is not doing well. Every now and then you can see he is trying to knock Weidman out though, and they are serious punches, etc.

Silva got caught, and pretended to be hurt (or maybe was really stunned, we will never really know), and then dodged his head back. With his head back and in an awkward position, Weidman caught him with another left and his head/body couldn't absorb the shock. It KO'd him.

Silva then gave the craziest/drug-induced speech I have ever heard in my life.

Would he have lost had he give Weidman his full respect? Who knows. But Weidman won clean.

Lost all respect for Silva for his behavior though. That was just outrageous.
alphawhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:03 AM   #4865
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphawhiskey View Post
Lost all respect for Silva for his behavior though. That was just outrageous.
LOL! Everytime. No one is as fickle as MMA fans .

He's still the best. Was he better on Saturday night? No. Whether Weidman figured out his game plan, or whether he was just faster or more determined, Weidman was better that night. That doesn't negate what Anderson Silva has accomplished and continues to demonstrate.

IMO, he lost mainly due to his own arrogance.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:01 AM   #4866
JohnBlaze

My Ride: Black Sunshine
He was the best, no longer thee best.

Silva got devastated and wants nothing to do with Weidman now that he knows how good Weidman really is.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:04 AM   #4867
'busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
He was the best, no longer thee best.

Silva got devastated and wants nothing to do with Weidman now that he knows how good Weidman really is.
How good is Weidman? Did he repeatedly take Silva down? Did he ground and pound him? Did he have him close to submission? Did he batter his face?

Sure, getting knocked out is devastating, emotionally more than anything else, but let's not go crazy here.

I admire Silva, but I'm ok with this loss. It should make things really interesting. If Weidman is better, are you saying that he will now be able to hold on to the belt for as long as Silva did?

Last edited by 'busa; 07-08-2013 at 08:05 AM.
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:43 AM   #4868
fckupayme

My Ride: Razor Scooter on 20s
Weidman won. I'm glad he did because Silva's head got too big in that fight he deserved to get KOd. But Weidman didn't overwhelm and beat down Silva... no, he won cleanly by taking advantage of what was in front of him. I wish we got what we wanted and that's a serious fight from the get. Hope there is a no-frills rematch.

fckupayme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:57 AM   #4869
'busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by fckupayme View Post
Weidman won. I'm glad he did because Silva's head got too big in that fight he deserved to get KOd. But Weidman didn't overwhelm and beat down Silva... no, he won cleanly by taking advantage of what was in front of him. I wish we got what we wanted and that's a serious fight from the get. Hope there is a no-frills rematch.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:19 AM   #4870
huyner328
Bradolf Pittler

My Ride: E90 ///M3, E30 325ic
Send a message via AIM to huyner328
I think Weidman is slightly underrated, he has the same physicals as Silva and can clearly hang as a standup fighter. Everyone thought he was gonna beat Silva on the ground.

On the other side, no one has accomplished what Silva has though, it'll be some big shoes to fill. He was, and (questionably) still is, the best in MMA. To be champ for 7 some years, constantly beat every #1 contender (very decisively too) at the prime of their careers... says a lot.
huyner328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #4871
chopstik

My Ride: 2011 WRX
weidman surprised silva with that kneebar/heelhook attempt
when silva got out of it he had this look of "Oh ****, this guy is good"
that's when he started his antics again and showboating
he was trying to keep weidman from attempting to take him down again b/c he knew how bad it was down there...

whereas in the past his oppoenents got rattled and made them look like fools....weidman stayed focus and eventually caught him.....
although at the ened of the first round when all that nonsense started weidman did look a little befuddled.....

hats off to weidman, i don't see him holding the belt as long as silva did though
Old 07-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #4872
alphawhiskey

My Ride: Foxtrot
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
LOL! Everytime. No one is as fickle as MMA fans .

He's still the best. Was he better on Saturday night? No. Whether Weidman figured out his game plan, or whether he was just faster or more determined, Weidman was better that night. That doesn't negate what Anderson Silva has accomplished and continues to demonstrate.

IMO, he lost mainly due to his own arrogance.
I never said he isn't a good (maybe the best) fighter. I am not undermining what he has accomplished or demonstrates. That guy is a beast. No question.

I lost respect for him as a person and sportsman. That show he put on was the show a 5-year old would put on on the playground. Not how a champion behaves. Granted I haven't watched his entire career, but I have never seen him like that before. I've read that he plays games with opponents, but the Weidman fight was over-the-top. Maybe it's just that in the past, he won playing those games, and so he seemed on top of it all; whereas with Weidman, he lost and seemed like a little Bch.

To top it off, his post-fight interview made me cringe. You could even see the confusion in Joe Rogan's face after Silva tries to play it off as if he wanted to lose, and will fight again, but won't fight for the belt. That's pathetic. You could see the determination in his face pre-fight, and during the fight. Even after he is knocked out, you can see him grabbing the ref's ankles as if to say "don't stop the fight, I am OK."

IMO, he should have toned down those games. That arrogance was embarrassing, and only works if you don't get KO'd. This time, he did, and it ended up looking bad. The only way to save himself would have been to admit he was playing too many games, and to go for a rematch seriously.

Last edited by alphawhiskey; 07-08-2013 at 07:58 PM.
alphawhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:32 PM   #4873
TruckDaddy

My Ride: 1991 Kenworth T600
Quote:
I never said he isn't a good (maybe the best) fighter. I am not undermining what he has accomplished or demonstrates. That guy is a beast. No question.

I lost respect for him as a person and sportsman. That show he put on was the show a 5-year old would put on on the playground. Not how a champion behaves. Granted I haven't watched his entire career, but I have never seen him like that before. I've read that he plays games with opponents, but the Weidman fight was over-the-top. Maybe it's just that in the past, he won playing those games, and so he seemed on top of it all; whereas with Weidman, he lost and seemed like a little Bch.

To top it off, his post-fight interview made me cringe. You could even see the confusion in Joe Rogan's face after Silva tries to play it off as if he wanted to lose, and will fight again, but won't fight for the belt. That's pathetic. You could see the determination in his face pre-fight, and during the fight. Even after he is knocked out, you can see him grabbing the ref's ankles as if to say "don't stop the fight, I am OK."

IMO, he should have toned down those games. That arrogance was embarrassing, and only works if you don't get KO'd. This time, he did, and it ended up looking bad. The only way to save himself would have been to admit he was playing too many games, and to go for a rematch seriously.
This is exactly what I thought after the fight. But, I later realized that he was just playing mind games again, this time with Dana White. By saying all these things, all he's doing is making the UFC pay him to change his mind into a rematch.

There is no doubt in my mind he wants a rematch. But, if you can make it seem like you don't want to do it, you put the promoter in position to meet your demands to get the rematch.

Say what again. Say What AGAIN! I DARE YA, I DOUBLE DARE YA MOTHAFCUKA! SAY WHAT ONE MORE GOD DAMN TIME!
Quote:
Originally Posted by enter
It's a social thing guys get over it. My mom said in Chinese culture the longer your hair down there is the higher class you are, and my mom is one of the classiest ladies i know.
TruckDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #4874
Vin Vega

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
How good is Weidman? Did he repeatedly take Silva down? Did he ground and pound him? Did he have him close to submission? Did he batter his face?
I watched all of those things happen.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #4875
Leezy321

My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
the official MMA general discussion thread

Silva's striking is light years ahead of Weidman's.. He got caught sleeping. Simple as that. He's also a little older now, maybe that same punch wouldn't have knocked him out a couple years ago. Who knows? Who cares? Weidman won fair and square. I'll go out on a limb and say he loses the belt on his 1st title defense regardless of who they put in front of him.

And for those saying Anderson Silva isn't the best/most dominant fighter to ever grace MMA, then who is? Only GSP can compare.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Leezy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:10 PM   #4876
djmangee816

My Ride: ///m
dayum is all I got to say for silva

djmangee816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:11 PM   #4877
Vin Vega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leezy321 View Post
Silva's striking is light years ahead of Weidman's.. He got caught sleeping. Simple as that. He's also a little older now, maybe that same punch wouldn't have knocked him out a couple years ago. Who knows? Who cares? Weidman won fair and square. I'll go out on a limb and say he loses the belt on his 1st title defense regardless of who they put in front of him.

And for those saying Anderson Silva isn't the best/most dominant fighter to ever grace MMA, then who is? Only GSP can compare.

GSP doesn't REALLY compare to anderson silva.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #4878
Leezy321

My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
the official MMA general discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin Vega View Post
GSP doesn't REALLY compare to anderson silva.
I was using him as an example. I don't think anyone compares. But he's next in line under Silva. With that said, if/when they fight, GSP will win, bcuz he's smart and will take advantage of Silva's weakness, wrestling...

Last edited by Leezy321; 07-08-2013 at 09:41 PM.
Leezy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #4879
Vin Vega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leezy321 View Post
I was using him as an example. I don't think anyone compares. But he's next in line under Silva. With that said, if/when they fight, GSP will win, bcuz he's smart and will take advantage of Silva's weakness, wrestling...

I don't think GSP can beat silva. I don't know that jones can beat silva.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:38 AM   #4880
'busa

Quote:
I lost respect for him as a person and sportsman. That show he put on was the show a 5-year old would put on on the playground. Not how a champion behaves. Granted I haven't watched his entire career, but I have never seen him like that before.
Watch his fight against Maia. It made me FURIOUS!

Quote:
I've read that he plays games with opponents, but the Weidman fight was over-the-top. Maybe it's just that in the past, he won playing those games, and so he seemed on top of it all; whereas with Weidman, he lost and seemed like a little Bch.
Here's the thing. It's part of his strategy. Sure, it looks showboaty and and it is to a degree, but the hands down low stance prevents takedowns and allows for better head movement, the showboating throws opponents off and when it works, like it has worked for 7 years, it is the stuff of magic. Of course, when it doesn't work, then you look a little silly, mainly in the eyes of people who have never stepped in the ring.

Quote:
You should watch some of his pre-fight interviews. As weird or weirder even. Then watch some of his past interviews. Now that he got knocked out, everything is being tainted by that fact, but with that out of the picture, he's just the same Anderson Silva he's always been.

Quote:
The only thing he needs to do is win. If he gets a rematch and knocks out Weidman, everyone will be right back on the bandwagon. Most fickle fans, I tell you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin Vega View Post
I don't think GSP can beat silva. I don't know that jones can beat silva.
If Weidman can, why not GSP or Jones?

Last edited by 'busa; 07-09-2013 at 07:44 AM.
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote